The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Chat room?

Does anyone use the chat room? I'm looking at a new chat script for another of my sites and found one that looks pretty sharp. But it's not real cheap, so I don't want to plug it in here just to have it sit unused.

Is there a problem with the current chat system here, or is no one just trying it out?

Maybe we could get some experts to run some "how-to" clinics in the chat so you could all throw questions at them in real time...........

Anyway, let me know what you all think about the chat that is already here. If it is not being used because of problems, I want to know about it.

Thanks,

Rich Z.
Unread 10-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

I don't know why our Chat room is not used but I would not spend any money to improve it. It might be that our users are on at different times during the day making the chat room more difficult to utilize. If it is easier and cheaper for you, I would vote to eliminate it.

Just my opinion.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Chat Room

Rich:

Chat Rooms don't normally work well in a Blog room enviroment.

The problem is that if I want to talk to you I have to send a PM and wait for your reply and set a time to chat. Alot of just plain chat rooms you can send a PM direct and a pop up comes up on your screen that someone wants to chat.

If we keep the chat room.....How about this idea....Set up a time and choose a subject and post it on the chat room.

Example:
1. Tonight at 5:00pm (What do you think about the new 2008 Corvette?)
Meet us there and give us your opinion. Alot of times the subjects will change in that forum to "Who can add a cam to my corvette". etc. or "How are you feeling today after the Surgery".

Still think you have the best Forum around!!!

OMO
Jim
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
Rich Z

Sounds like a chat coordinator to set up scheduled events would be the ticket. Any volunteers?
Unread 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking Chat Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Sounds like a chat coordinator to set up scheduled events would be the ticket. Any volunteers?
I sent this to Ms.Antivenom this "PM" note:

Rashelle:
I made this suggestion to Rich on the chat room...see what you think of this!!
Read this Blog.....You would be great for this item.
We can start tomorrow at 12:00am to 1:00pm
Subject......."Just saying Hi to everyone"
Jim

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...5334#post35334
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #6
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

That sounds like a great Idea, I'm game

******tapping Gregs shoulder,

We could get him to sit down and do what he is best at,Talking about cars, He likes to do it more than anything, But the forum being **wait a while for responce* he has to move on back outside and wait for replies, then he forgets to check them.

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
Rich Z

Well, one of the reasons for this query was because I need to know if I should upgrade the chat software. I have the same chat that is on this site running on another of my sites, and some of the members there have been complaining about it. Saying they get booted out for no reason or have problems logging in to it. I have a trial version of the new chat software running over there, and everyone who has tried it says it is MUCH better than the current software being run.

Since this site is pulling in a few $$ now, I can afford to go with better software that will naturally cost more.

But if the chat isn't being used because of lack of interest, then it's a moot point. If you would prefer that I wait until it is used more to justify the expense, I can certainly do that. I just don't want failings in the software itself being the cause for it's not being used.
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #8
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking Test

Quote:
Well, one of the reasons for this query was because I need to know if I should upgrade the chat software. I have the same chat that is on this site running on another of my sites, and some of the members there have been complaining about it. Saying they get booted out for no reason or have problems logging in to it. I have a trial version of the new chat software running over there, and everyone who has tried it says it is MUCH better than the current software being run.

Since this site is pulling in a few $$ now, I can afford to go with better software that will naturally cost more.

But if the chat isn't being used because of lack of interest, then it's a moot point. If you would prefer that I wait until it is used more to justify the expense, I can certainly do that. I just don't want failings in the software itself being the cause for it's not being used.
Let's meet tomorrow....Friday....October 5th at 12:00 noon and tested it out!!

Jim
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom View Post
That sounds like a great Idea, I'm game

******tapping Gregs shoulder,

We could get him to sit down and do what he is best at,Talking about cars, He likes to do it more than anything, But the forum being **wait a while for responce* he has to move on back outside and wait for replies, then he forgets to check them.

On a very active chat, things can happen so fast that it is hard to keep up. It can actually be overwhelming at times trying to keep up with the questions. You usually wind up having a half dozen simultaneous discussions going with different participants.

I would like to see a half dozen or more people in the chat just to see if this particular software will hold up. It may not be up to the task, so I'd rather not get people real frustrated at it and kill the chances of it becoming popular.

How about a test run? Jim, are you willing to take on the task of being the chat king? I could set up a forum solely for announcements and such concerning the chat so everyone will know where to check for latest scheduled events. Perhaps posting them on the calendar would be appropriate as well.
Unread 10-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Default Chat

Quote:
On a very active chat, things can happen so fast that it is hard to keep up. It can actually be overwhelming at times trying to keep up with the questions. You usually wind up having a half dozen simultaneous discussions going with different participants.

I would like to see a half dozen or more people in the chat just to see if this particular software will hold up. It may not be up to the task, so I'd rather not get people real frustrated at it and kill the chances of it becoming popular.

How about a test run? Jim, are you willing to take on the task of being the chat king? I could set up a forum solely for announcements and such concerning the chat so everyone will know where to check for latest scheduled events. Perhaps posting them on the calendar would be appropriate as well.
Rashelle and I can work something out!!
Meet at 12:00...Lets see!!

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:54 PM.