The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 09-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #481
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Hey, you're welcome. I have no idea what the cost is but judging from your post it must be expensive.
Evidently there are a couple of different kits, and price depends on how much coverage you want ton the types of locking lugs the kit will work on. Of course, since I have no idea what particular type I have, I would likely have to buy the most comprehensive kit, and then probably NEVER have another use for it again in my lifetime.

But hopefully the socket will be where John put it and save the day.
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #482
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road
Default How about this

What about taking the vin number to a gm dealer and asking them to look up which locking lug nut came with the car and having them get one for you. Or perhaps it is listed in the rpo codes for your car. That is if you cannot find your original.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #483
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
What about taking the vin number to a gm dealer and asking them to look up which locking lug nut came with the car and having them get one for you. Or perhaps it is listed in the rpo codes for your car. That is if you cannot find your original.
I bought the car used, and the guy I bought it from was pretty shady. Matter of fact, the Z06 had regular C5 wheels and tires on it. So there is no guarantee at all that the locking lugs are original for the car.

I'm hopeful I can come up with it tomorrow at the shop. If need be, I will check every socket in the place and take everyone that doesn't look like a normal socket to try them.

The sockets used to remove locking lug nuts kind of look something like a screw remover, except that it is external and bites into the lugnut to spin it off the stud. Heck, Advance Auto might even have the tool and loan it out to me for free, if necessary. They do that sort of thing as a service. Of course, I can see where a really stubborn nut might just get ground smooth instead of unscrewing, which would likely leave me REALLY screwed.
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #484
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Wow. After reading that thread over in BOI, I don't feel so bad. My car may be behind schedule but I don't have any fear of getting ripped off. You folks all have my sincere sympathies.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #485
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

Rich i hate to ask and i know i cant afford it but i need an engine dont much care if its a 4 banger. Whats the mules on your old engine and how much do you want for it pm me if you want.
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #486
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER View Post
Rich i hate to ask and i know i cant afford it but i need an engine dont much care if its a 4 banger. Whats the mules on your old engine and how much do you want for it pm me if you want.
Chris Harwood gave me a $1,700 credit for that LS6 engine on my original statement for the build. He has already agreed to me selling it outright to recoup the money he owes me for the headers and turbo coating. Since Chris owes me $1,500 (I have an undated check from him for that amount), then that is what I would like to get for it. A new crate LS6 is around $6K, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't believe it has the intake manifold, or at least I don't know where it is, since it is not on the engine. Not sure why it was taken off, as we were talking about putting that engine into Connie's truck a while back. And any brackets and accessories needed for my new engine will, of course, not be there any longer.

I believe it had 80K+ miles on it, and was running REAL strong. Never used a drop of oil. Connie still wants to kick my butt for pulling out a perfectly good engine for that 427 I wanted.

I'm running out to Blountstown tomorrow around 10am if you want to look it over and discuss this further.
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:15 PM   #487
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Are you planing on being there at 10 or leave your house at 10?
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #488
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

rich i am struggling to find a truck to get my car out. an i cant do anything without a motor. my heads are still missing may be cheaper just puting your ls6 in my 87 i am a several hundred short. pkus paying for the install. but yes entrested. just have to come up with all this money at once. wish i woul dhave known all this before i gave chris $3000 for a 383. that i am now told would not have worked right anyway without changeing my intake. I started a thread to sell my laptop. If i sell it i may be able to get it just depends what i get for it.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=50667 < my laptop

Last edited by THUNDER; 09-23-2010 at 10:15 PM.
THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #489
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Sorry I missed some of this, but I have every C5 lug lock that GM made if you need. Have never had a car in that one didn't fit...
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #490
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Are you planing on being there at 10 or leave your house at 10?
Sorry, but I am on eastern time. I'll be there 10am eastern, 9am central.

Tags
427, aaron scott, chris harwood, rhs block, south georgia corvette, xtrememotorsports