The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 11-07-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default question about the Ultimate Corvette party.

The vendors, are there going to be exhaust vendors there? if so, do they do the mods there or just sell the products for you to take home to have done?
Or is this not the type of Vette gathering that consists of these sorts of vendors?

Also, why is it I never hear of anyone putting the Flowmaster exhaust system on their Vette?
My wifes car has them and they sound great!

Thanks,

Ray
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Ray, are her Flowmasters cat back or just the mufflers? I had the Flowmaster system on my '92 and loved it but I didn't think they made a cat back system for the C5. If I'm wrong I may be looking for another system. I've got the Magnaflow cat back with X pipe on it now and I would like it louder.
As far as the vendors at the show, I'm sorry I don't know. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.....
Unread 11-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Ray, are her Flowmasters cat back or just the mufflers? I had the Flowmaster system on my '92 and loved it but I didn't think they made a cat back system for the C5. If I'm wrong I may be looking for another system. I've got the Magnaflow cat back with X pipe on it now and I would like it louder.
As far as the vendors at the show, I'm sorry I don't know. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.....
Not at all.....
So far as I know, they're just the mufflers. The people at the dealership knew nothing about the system that was installed. (chrysler dealer).
I have yet to really look for myself, but will tomarrow.
I do know they sound awesome and put mine to shame! (stock)
Hers has a Hot rod sound, deep growl, Very little if any drone at all (depends on gear i'm in etc), aren't too loud with the top down and when she cranks it over, Wow...Music!
I'm wondering if the various other brands out there, sound as good or better than hers?

Sorry I didn't have any Important info to share with you.

Ray.
Unread 11-07-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
The vendors, are there going to be exhaust vendors there? if so, do they do the mods there or just sell the products for you to take home to have done?
Or is this not the type of Vette gathering that consists of these sorts of vendors?

Also, why is it I never hear of anyone putting the Flowmaster exhaust system on their Vette?
My wifes car has them and they sound great!

Thanks,

Ray

There will be exhaust vendors there. I am not sure if there will be instals or not.

I had flowmasters on my 02 w/ a Bassani X Pipe. The system was not bad. I like it. I put over @ 35 mile on it.

Then I decided it was time for the upgrades.
I wanted Bigger tips , So I went with the Corsa Daytona Indys and just had to buy the LG headers and high flow cats to go with it
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Ray,

When I was looking to replace the stock exhaust on our '01 vert, I wanted something that was more aggressive, but also did not drive me out of my mind when I was just cruising down the road. I did a lot of looking but do not remember much about the Flowmasters for the C5s.

Exhaust sound is like cars, the ones you hate other people love, and vice versa. I selected the Corsa Pace Car mufflers and I bought them at Carlisle from West Coast Corvettes. They had the best deal at that show at $825. Corsa was also there installing their systems for a very reasonable fee, but I did not bring the Vette, because I was looking for the exhaust!

Anyway, it was very easy to install, and they are a little louder than the stock exhaust at idle, much louder at WOT (which is what I wanted), but only slightly louder cruising around in the 50 - 60 mph range. Virtually no interior drown at all while cruising. That is what sold me on mine. Now you will find people who will tell you that the Corsa Pace Car mufflers are not loud enough for them, but they do the trick for these 58 year old ears of mine!

I would recommend that you try to get around to some of the events near you, and when you see a Vette with other than stock exhaust, ask to hear the exhaust. Explain your in the market and would like his opinion. I haven't met a car person yet that when asked to start the car and rev it up a little doesn't break out in a smile and say sure!

Good luck!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Diddo Rich427. When you're at the Tampa show just ask to hear some of the systems and there won't be one driver who will refuse to start up his / her vette for you to hear the "music" of the exhaust! In fact, you may even start a competition going to show you which is the loudest!
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:50 AM   #7
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Alright.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to get the competition going!
Unread 11-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to get the competition going!
Gather me up before you do. I have similar questions.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #9
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Unread 11-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #10
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I had hollow Cats, no resonator, and Flowmasters on my C4 I sold,,,, LOVED 'EM!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote