The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #31
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation
Default Hey!

Sorry! to be so late on the response! but been busy! have to work for a living!!!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2008, 05:36 AM   #32
dvdcta

Name :
Default Post's

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
If 5 members say my posts are to the point they will use the ignore button, you don't have to banish me, just tell me and I'll walk away
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! & don't walk away, I read all posts! & I don't use the ignore Thingggyy thing!! YO! bro just get away from the stiff necks!! put em on your ignore LIST!!
Unread 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #33
dvdcta

Name :
Default Ray's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Everyone else here has a clue as to whats going on. So the likely hood of that happening is pretty slim in my opinion.

Also, if you read posts where people are complaining and bringing up stuff, and if you dont "get the hint" and correct the issue(s), well then theres something wrong with you.

I wonder if dvd has any input? whats your deal?
I took a break! I have Input & It's!...I can do a lot of stuff I just can't handle some one that doesn't have a sense of humor! were all here to have fun! If ya need a bigger sand box kids! I'll build it!!!! & take that starch shirt off It doesn't do ya justus!!!!!
Unread 11-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #34
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation
Default To All Members of CF.COM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Perhaps you need to define "useless"....... I think that might be pretty subjective, and certainly not universal in scope.

With dvdcta, I see someone who is not very computer proficient trying his hardest to join in this forum in the best way he can, regardless, of how "useful" everyone else may think his postings are. He obviously wants to join this group and although his enthusiasm does not match his proficiency with a keyboard nor with navigating a message board, what is he getting from some members for his efforts?

I'll be honest, I'm pretty disappointed to see this sort of thing on this site. I thought we were all here to try to have fun here. Not be "keyboard bigots" trying to belittle someone else who may not be up to our own self perceived standards of what makes a post "useful" or "useless".

I'm sorry guys, but this sort of thing has to go from this site. I do NOT want to see any other member singled out and belittled by other members here. The only time such a thing may be relevant and proper would be IF you engaged in some business deal or activity with said person, and wanted to relate that incident, whether positive or negative, within the BOI forum on this site. Otherwise, if you have a problem with someone, contact me and/or the moderators about it. Belittling and embarrassing them in public with posts ABOUT them for what can arguable be determined as "frivolous" concerns, is just not welcome on this site. It presents a very hostile atmosphere to new or prospective members, which is unbecoming of what I and others wish for this site.

I hate to make rules, because rules need to be enforced, which takes time away from things myself and the moderators would rather be doing. And to be honest, trying to create rules to MAKE people play nice together on a public message forum is a very tough tight rope to walk. I would rather everyone take some time for some introspection about their own actions and see how it could be viewed from an objective viewer, then for myself or the mods to have to WORK at enforcing rules to try to limit such activities from members here I would hope would have more empathy towards fellow Corvette owners who may not be as good of keyboard jockeys as they are.

So I DO hope this does not portent a trend, and can be headed off before WE become something I don't believe any of us really want this online family to become.
I am engaged in debate with the owners of another Corvette Forum over this very issue. Same person, same issues, and same frustrations. I will defend DVD to the best of my ability as long as I can justify his actions. He is well intended and brings many good assets to your club. The thing I like most about him is his ability to make people smile. Off the wall at times and hard to follow. Who cares! He helps create an environment that motivates people to participate and have fun while doing so. I followed DVD to this site and am very pleased that I made the decision to do so. If I find that he is treated unfairly here as he was at the other site I will pursue the same course of action. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and not singled out by a small group of nay sayers. I know I am new to this site. But the truth of the matter is that I interacted with DVD for over a year. I would like to thank all of you in advance for your consideration and fairness on this subject.

HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #35
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Master View Post
:I would like to thank all of you in advance for your consideration and fairness on this subject.

HUTCH
to the best forum I know of.
How about going to the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself.
We love to see Vette pictures so how about one of yours?

Last edited by Lou G; 11-15-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #36
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Master View Post
I am engaged in debate with the owners of another Corvette Forum over this very issue. Same person, same issues, and same frustrations. I will defend DVD to the best of my ability as long as I can justify his actions. He is well intended and brings many good assets to your club. The thing I like most about him is his ability to make people smile. Off the wall at times and hard to follow. Who cares! He helps create an environment that motivates people to participate and have fun while doing so. I followed DVD to this site and am very pleased that I made the decision to do so. If I find that he is treated unfairly here as he was at the other site I will pursue the same course of action. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and not singled out by a small group of nay sayers. I know I am new to this site. But the truth of the matter is that I interacted with DVD for over a year. I would like to thank all of you in advance for your consideration and fairness on this subject.

HUTCH
Im not all about adding fuel to the fire, but if you wanna talk fairness then fine. Go look in threads months ago, where some of his stuff was just so off the wall, you werent smiling you were thinking wtf. It only got worse until enough people said something and we all cooled off cause of admin.

I go look Just for Laughs section, and see nothing but his threads started, a lot of them are the off the wall wtf moments...like

"What do ya do? With a blonde & a Beer???????????? If ya don't know? I'm shure as h**l not gonna tell ya!!!..................from the desk of the PHANTOM!!!!.........."

ooor...

"
.............A!...... cold Beer & Lasts Nights Pizza!!!! Memo from the desk of the PHANTOM!!!!.............Now Ya'll can't say, ya never did this?........ need some on This??????.......Ya, Know!!!!........ ta add ta this the girl! ya brought home Last Night!!!!.......................IT'S.. Called......... LEFT OVERS!!!!!!"

I know this is supposed to be a tight knit community, 1) im sure 99% of us all drive vettes or had one, 2) 99% of us live in florida or visit for winter.

On a full scale forum like some others i post at, half the oddball stuff hes responded to would be considered forum trolling. Is it also that hard to put just a small effort into grammar? I know this isnt english class, and were not writing term papers, but half arse grammar helps make more sense of a post then forty million periods and random smiley emotes. I dont see how this motivates people. The motivation i see it bringing from people who are avid forum users is negative motivation, i.e, criticizing or just not showing up or responding to anything. I put him on ignore because his post were horrible imo. Every so often ill click show post and then wish i never did.

Im not trying to sway you from this site, by all means welcome to the forum. Lot of great people here, and tons of knowledge, but you expect people to not single someone out, but you expect everyone to just let random stuff be posted. I know youve interacted with him for over a year, look at it this way, if you didnt know him and you saw post like his coming in your email...prolly hit the spam button? Im really still trying to think of many assets hes brought, please fill me in. If you want us to be fair to him, then have him be fair to us. Simple grammar and senseful post, is all we ask

Prolly wont like me for this post, sure Rich will get an email, but if were going to express ones self about the situation then Im gonna get my say in, and again welcome to the forum.
Unread 11-15-2008, 11:55 PM   #37
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Im not all about adding fuel to the fire, but if you wanna talk fairness then fine. Go look in threads months ago, where some of his stuff was just so off the wall, you werent smiling you were thinking wtf. It only got worse until enough people said something and we all cooled off cause of admin.

I go look Just for Laughs section, and see nothing but his threads started, a lot of them are the off the wall wtf moments...like

"What do ya do? With a blonde & a Beer???????????? If ya don't know? I'm shure as h**l not gonna tell ya!!!..................from the desk of the PHANTOM!!!!.........."

ooor...

"
.............A!...... cold Beer & Lasts Nights Pizza!!!! Memo from the desk of the PHANTOM!!!!.............Now Ya'll can't say, ya never did this?........ need some on This??????.......Ya, Know!!!!........ ta add ta this the girl! ya brought home Last Night!!!!.......................IT'S.. Called......... LEFT OVERS!!!!!!"

I know this is supposed to be a tight knit community, 1) im sure 99% of us all drive vettes or had one, 2) 99% of us live in florida or visit for winter.

On a full scale forum like some others i post at, half the oddball stuff hes responded to would be considered forum trolling. Is it also that hard to put just a small effort into grammar? I know this isnt english class, and were not writing term papers, but half arse grammar helps make more sense of a post then forty million periods and random smiley emotes. I dont see how this motivates people. The motivation i see it bringing from people who are avid forum users is negative motivation, i.e, criticizing or just not showing up or responding to anything. I put him on ignore because his post were horrible imo. Every so often ill click show post and then wish i never did.

Im not trying to sway you from this site, by all means welcome to the forum. Lot of great people here, and tons of knowledge, but you expect people to not single someone out, but you expect everyone to just let random stuff be posted. I know youve interacted with him for over a year, look at it this way, if you didnt know him and you saw post like his coming in your email...prolly hit the spam button? Im really still trying to think of many assets hes brought, please fill me in. If you want us to be fair to him, then have him be fair to us. Simple grammar and senseful post, is all we ask

Prolly wont like me for this post, sure Rich will get an email, but if were going to express ones self about the situation then Im gonna get my say in, and again welcome to the forum.

LS2POWA,

Thank you for the welcome it is appreciated. I fully respect your position and opinion. I have no doubt that DVD will read your post. The fact that you made your opinion clear ant to the point hopefully will have some meaning to DVD. I know he fully understands the effect some of his posts have on other members. I truly want to believe it should have some affect on future posts he makes. I do not condone a lot of foolishness and statements that have negative effects on other members. I do enjoy having fun in a controlled way, but not in a way that is offensive to others. I do not mean to ramble on and so will close on a positive note. I know I will be talking to DVD in the near future. I will try to explain the issues and what needs to be done to avoid further issues on this subject. Thank you for your input.

HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote