The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Competitions and Racing Forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Competitions and Racing Forum Any and all forms of contests. "Kill" stories are OK, but please note that this site does NOT condone illegal activities. So discretion is advised.

Unread 09-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation
Default Biondo Racing adds RevXtreme...

Biondo Racing adds RevXtreme...

5 time NHRA World Champion Peter Biondo of Biondo Racing adds RevXtreme.... From the wheel-standing big block camaro to the mid 7 second dragster, Peter Biondo's Racing Team competes in a wide variety of classes. "I really enjoy the diversity of driving different cars and competing in a variety of classes, Peter stated, each car, each class demands a different driving style. It forces me to focus and keeps me sharp. One week I have more fun foot-braking my stocker but then next week I prefer top bulb bracket racing. I am lucky to be able to enjoy different forms of NHRA drag racing on a week to week basis."

2007 was very good to Peter Biondo Racing. He started off by winning the Gatornationals and closed out the season winning $32,000 in Las Vegas at the Ultimate Bracket Race weekend in November. Sandwiched in between were 5 NHRA National Event wins, two $10,000 bracket wins, a $5,000 and a dragster dash bracket race win. Halfway through the season, Peter made a late season run at the NHRA World Championship in Stock and Super Stock only to come up 1 round short in both classes and finishing second in both categories. "Finishing second in the world is great, but it was also disappointing to get so close and not win it. And then multiply that by 2 and it was hard to swallow. But it just wasn't meant to be." Said Peter.
For 2008, Peter plans sticking with the same wheel standing 69' Camaro stocker and motor combination. "We had both motors gone through by Brian Tilburg, and my crew Tom Kurucz has been going through the entire car keeping it updated", Peter said, "There are so many class cars in A and B stock so you really have to try to stay on top of the performance part of it". For Super Stock, Peter and Phil Monteith will again be campaigning the beautiful 07 cobalt of Arnie Martel in SS/BS. As Peter describes "Our round win/ loss ratio definitely improved since we started racing the cobalt in Super Stock. We broke a few times and we are still learning but overall I like it."
With 12 national events slated for 2008 and a handful of big buck bracket races on the calendar, Peter doesn't plan to chase the points championship. "12 National events and 8 or 9 big bracket race weekends can fill the year up pretty quickly", Peter said, "I really enjoy getting to the bracket races and keeping up with that sector of our customer base, which is huge." In 2008 Peter plans on running his new 07 racetech dragster with an all aluminum PAR built 582 BBC engine that runs 7.30's at 184. Peter debuted the dragster late last season and finished top 5 in the points at both the Moroso and Bradenton Florida bracket points series in November.
A glance at his accomplishments: http://www.peterbiondo.com/port_art.shtml
Unread 09-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

CONGRATS GUYS !!!!!

MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote