The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 07-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
RaceCamaro

Name :
RaceCamaro has disabled reputation
Default Zo6 center console change

I just purchased a 2009 Carbon Fiber Center Console for my 2006 Z06 and does anyone know the proper steps to removing the present one. There seems to be something holding it in place at the front of the storage area next to the 12 volt cigarette lighter plug. The plate to the right of traction control switch does not seem to want to come off and it appears there is 2 scews under it by comparing to the new console. Can anyone help with the removal of the present console ?
RaceCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

I have a 2006 Convertible and changed the Center Console a couple of months ago.
Don't know if it is the same as your Z06 but this is what I posted then. Hope it helps you. Lou

=================================================================

Open the center arm rest and with a small flat screwdriver, pop up the F55 option knob trim plate and remove the two 7mm screws. The trim plate is there whether you have the F55 option or not.
Pull down the Emergency Brake Boot at the front and remove two 7mm screws holding the side trim plate on.
Push the Shift Boot down to reveal a Torx #20 screw. Remove the screw and pull the Shift Knob out.
The boot is attached to an oval plastic box with five tabs. One in the front, one on each side about two inches back and two on each side towards the back. Push down at the bottom of the boot to get your fingers between the boot and the housing. Pull towards you to expose the right front tab and carefully move your fingers along the edges to get all tabs out of the opening. Pull Shift Boot out.
You are now ready to pull the console off. There are six tabs on the console. One each side of the Vents, one each side of the Navigation and one each side of the Radio (these are the approximate locations).
Very carefully, using a butter knife or something similar, pry out the console a little bit at a time at each tab. The console will only come out about two or three inches. This is where the fun begins.
There are six pieces of electronics that need to be disconnected in order for the console to come off.
I learned that by disconnecting in the following order, it gave me more room a bit at a time and made it easier as I went along. Flasher – tab on the bottom, Passenger side seat temp control – tab on the bottom, Cigarette lighter – tab on the bottom, Driver side seat temp control – tab on the bottom, 12V outlet – tab on the top (I used a long thin flat screwdriver and disengaged the tab through the opening from the F5 option know trim plate) and Traction Control switch – tab is a black metal clip on the switch itself.
At this point, you should be able to remove the console from the car and begin removing the vents and electronics. You can remove them in any order but I found it easier to remove the vents first to give me more room to access the flasher switch.
Vents – four clips each. Flasher – remove by prying out both sides of metal seat. Ash tray, Lighter, Seat temp control – two Phillips screws each side of box and one bottom left underneath of cup holders. Cup holders – two Phillips screws. Traction control switch – press one tab each side and push out. 12V outlet –it took me a while to figure this one out. With a pair of pliers, carefully turn the outlet until one of the plastic tabs aligns with a notch on the console. Twist, turn and push out.
Transfer vents and electronics to the new console in a reverse sequence of removal. Also follow reverse sequence of console removal for installation on the car.
Wallah, your are done. Pat yourself on the back, start that baby up and take it for a ride.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
RaceCamaro

Name :
RaceCamaro has disabled reputation
Cool ZO6 Center Console Change

Got It, Thanks fo the reply. The Two 7mm screws next to the E Brake were holding me up but I found them. I Appreciate The Detail in your description.I switched out my silver center console for a 2009 Carbon Fiber one and in my opinion It Looks Great !
RaceCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCamaro View Post
Got It, Thanks fo the reply. The Two 7mm screws next to the E Brake were holding me up but I found them. I Appreciate The Detail in your description.I switched out my silver center console for a 2009 Carbon Fiber one and in my opinion It Looks Great !
We love pictures.
How about one of your ride and one of the new console?
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote