The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #11
silverback

Name :
silverback has disabled reputation

Well now, as a Purdue grad. and a big ten fan, I have to say ( my poor old heart )

Go Buckeyes
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #12
Gary S

Name :
Gary S has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Well now, as a Purdue grad. and a big ten fan, I have to say ( my poor old heart )

Go Buckeyes
As a University of Michigan grad and big ten fan I would have to say down with the buckeyes.

Go LSU Tigers!
Gary S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #13
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

24-10 at half time.....Go Tigers!!!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #14
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR View Post
GEAUX TIGERS ALL THE WAY!!! FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!
TOTALLY! I hate the Luckeyes. Still waiting for them to return the trophy they stole in '02!!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS ALL THE WAY!!! FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #15
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah, How about them TIGERS!!! Really made my night.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #16
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

SEC...SEC...SEC...SEC. Ohio state has to play more than 1 ranked opponent and really needs to play at least 2-3 top 15 teams to be able to compete again in the championship game. Of course I also believe your conference should have a conference championship game to be eligible to play in a national championship game. I don't see why the big 10 and pac 10 don't have a championship game anyway.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #17
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
SEC...SEC...SEC...SEC. Ohio state has to play more than 1 ranked opponent and really needs to play at least 2-3 top 15 teams to be able to compete again in the championship game. Of course I also believe your conference should have a conference championship game to be eligible to play in a national championship game. I don't see why the big 10 and pac 10 don't have a championship game anyway.
That's why in college slang they are known as the "small ten" and "slack ten," respectively. They compete every year for the same reason the same five teams (OSU, ND, OU, USC and Mich.) compete every year......they are all media darlings!!!! No. of Alumnis = Votes in the polls! USC at least has the excuse that L.A. does not have a professional football team, for their stint as media darlings.

Unread 01-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #18
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I wish the Rose Bowl would have had the balls to match up Georgia with USC. That would have been a good game compared to what the sugar bowl and rose bowl ended up being...but I think they are trying to keep USC from playing an SEC team until they HAVE to match up in a championship game. Hopefully Ryan Perrilloux can lead the Tigers back to a championship game next year, but I'm almost whiling to bet another SEC team will be there, either Bama or Auburn, although you certainly can't rule out the Gators. It's going to be another tough season in the SEC next year.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
Yeah, I wish the Rose Bowl would have had the balls to match up Georgia with USC. That would have been a good game compared to what the sugar bowl and rose bowl ended up being...but I think they are trying to keep USC from playing an SEC team until they HAVE to match up in a championship game. Hopefully Ryan Perrilloux can lead the Tigers back to a championship game next year, but I'm almost whiling to bet another SEC team will be there, either Bama or Auburn, although you certainly can't rule out the Gators. It's going to be another tough season in the SEC next year.
Nah! The Bulldogs were going to go to the Sugar because the Sugar is aligned with the SEC and always takes the SEC Champion or highest ranked SEC team....in this case it was Georgia. The Gators got snubbed in favor of Illinois because of their Small Ten alliance. The Gators really should've got the knod because of their rank over Illinois but..........$$$ and I'm not being a "homer" on this one either because I am not a Gators fan.

With that in mind, it's very difficult for any SEC team to make it to the big show because they actually have to play each other which is bad enough. Auburn or Bama.......not going to happen. I wish Bama the worst thanks to their coach Nick Satan and Auburn never has any luck......just look at 2004. The Gators are your better bet but remember that if OSU or Michigan have a one loss season, rest assure they'll be in it along with USC.........darlings!!!!!!!! Damn college football sucks!

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #20
Gary S

Name :
Gary S has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
That's why in college slang they are known as the "small ten" and "slack ten," respectively. They compete every year for the same reason the same five teams (OSU, ND, OU, USC and Mich.) compete every year......they are all media darlings!!!! No. of Alumnis = Votes in the polls! USC at least has the excuse that L.A. does not have a professional football team, for their stint as media darlings.
Michigan did beat Florida and Florida should have beat LSU.
Gary S is offline   Reply With Quote