The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 08-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation
Default Bradenton/Sarasota residents step in...

I have been a resident of Pinellas Co. (Palm Harbor/Clearwater) for 15 years and desperately want to relocate. Am weary of high traffic, overcrowdedness, and getting slammed by the snowbirds during the winter months. When the weather finally gets nice here (Dec.-Apr.) you can't even drive on the roads or get a dinner reservation. I love the North Fla. area but am captivated by the Lakewood Ranch area of East Manatee Co. If I move to this area am I going to experience more of the same (crowds, snowbirds, traffic, etc.)?? Would like comments from any and all who know or live in the area...
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

No, only out by the beach. Otherwise what you see now is what it is like anytime of year. I just sold a 2700 sq ft new 2 story in Ellenton by the outlet mall, appraised at $432k 1 1/2 years ago....only got $275k for it in this market (we close on Wed) so there are lot's of good deals out there. I have one on 3 acres w/orange grove & 1/8th mile long drive that is hidden in the trees if you want seclusion...3 minutes from I75 & I 275.

Nice place to live down here.
RevXtreme 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1
No, only out by the beach. Otherwise what you see now is what it is like anytime of year.
I have just the opposite view. During the season, traffic on First St, Manatee Ave and Cortez Rd increases quite a bit. Forget about trying to find a place to eat on the island after 5:00 PM. This also true for landside FRi, Sat & Sun.
In the spring I wouldn't venture towards the beaches between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM and if your on the beach heading back after 3:00 PM it can be a chore.
As for Lakewood Ranch, I drove through it once and that's all I can say about it.
Anyhow this is my brief perspective of the traffic.
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
72ragtop

Name :
72ragtop is on a distinguished road

Agree with the above posters. Cortez towards the beaches in winter/spring, Crazy
I live just West of Rt75 in Creekwood/Tara. Stone throw from Lakewood Ranch. I stay on this side of town during winter/spring break.
72ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ragtop
Agree with the above posters. Cortez towards the beaches in winter/spring, Crazy
I live just West of Rt75 in Creekwood/Tara. Stone throw from Lakewood Ranch. I stay on this side of town during winter/spring break.

By Beaches I include the Island. We mainly stay around 301/41 and the Palmetto/Ellenton area.
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

The only issue I've ever encountered east of 75 has been flooding of the roadways after heavy rains or storms. The water seems to stay around for quite some time.

I know they've been working on drainage issues for some time now and may have them corrected?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
novass66

Name :
novass66 has disabled reputation

We use to live in Clearwater so I know what you are feeling.We moved to Hawaii for a couple years then moved to Bradenton area about a year ago. We bought a home in Parrish (Foxbrook) acre lot very quiet area.Couple other vet owners out here and also a few show cars.
novass66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Thanx for the various comments...I just need a place where I can drive the vette over 35-40 mph when I take her out for an evening spin (It ain't here)!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster
Thanx for the various comments...I just need a place where I can drive the vette over 35-40 mph when I take her out for an evening spin (It ain't here)!
Going to a doctors appt today, I was driving down Manatee Ave W. Took 6 minutes to travel 3 miles. Not really many cars the old folk need to learn to go over 10 MPH. Oh yea, only two pulled out in front of me in that span.
Shadow said prior, east of I-75 you can open it up. I cruised out by Lake Manatee 70 with no problem, but it is building up fast out that way too.
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

I am in the South West corner of 75 & 275. 3 miles up the road is a newer paved 2 lane w/no houses & no cops patroling. # acres & I don't go into any of the busy roads unles absolutely have to. Also, 15 minutes to the dragstrip. I'll sell you the place for a good $.