The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #31
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
Fine here goes. Chris I don't care anymore.

My car started screwing up in Dec of last year maybe earlier, I brought it to Chris. He's been one of my best friends for years. We took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump. I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass. This is now January.

The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine, I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed. Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed. We transported it to his shop in March of 09. Where it has sat since. He's had the money and the car. I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.

On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it. I still have no car or truck because the repairs on the truck are more extensive then they originally thought. It's been over 30 days and nothing. I tried for 2 weeks everyday to get him to respond. Finally friday I went to the shop. It was sitting outside where it's been since he got it. He's told me on several occasions that it was in the works and being done. Truth is he hadn't even started it.
I'm sorry, but a lot of this just doesn't make sense to me..

Your car started having problems "in Dec of last year maybe earlier", so you and Chris "took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump." So at that point "I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass." I don't see any mention of that the actual original problem was that you were trying to diagnose, but then "The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine".

So then you state "I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed.", which sounds to me you were the one making the claims about how "shady" the other shop was and Chris must have simply made some indication that he agreed. "Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed.", but yet you were able to "pick the car up"? But then you state "We transported it to his shop in March of 09", where the term "transported" used here seems to indicate that it was not driven, but was perhaps towed? So was the engine "screwed" before you took it to the other shop, or did that happen while it was in their care?

So after it was transported to Chris's shop, "Where it has sat since." Earlier you stated "I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass." Did you at this time have enough money to replace the engine? So you then state "I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.", which I am having trouble interpreting, but from between March and July 31 you tried contacting Chris "several times"? At what point did you PAY him for the work you needed done on your car?

It appears YOUR priorities changed when "On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it." Indicating that prior to this time, this really wasn't on the front burner for you, but suddenly became so, and you expected Chris to drop everything he had going on at the time and make YOUR now new top priority HIS as well.

I dunno, but there seems to be a lot of gaps in this story. Do you have anything at all in WRITING concerning what arrangements were made between yourself and Chris about the repairs on your car? It just appears from what I can gather from the above post that from March through November 1, you somehow developed a bum engine, which was not Chris's fault, quite possibly caused by something done at the "different shop". What was this "bypass" you mentioned? Could it have contributed to the engine problem in your efforts to save money? I'm guessing you drove it home, then had it towed to Chris's shop, and unless you suddenly came up with enough money to have the engine fixed, quite likely told Chris to just hold it there until such time that you could afford to have it fixed. I don't see any indication of when that point in time occurred where you actually paid for any work to be done, unfortunately.

So finally Friday you took a trip to his shop. Was Chris there? Did you speak to him?

I believe in another post you claimed that Chris has both your car and your money. When did he get your money and what was the arrangement that was agreed to at that time? It would be great if you had this in writing so there is no confusion of the facts due to a misunderstanding which often happens in verbal discussions. Sometimes a "whenever you can get to it" means something completely different to each side of the discussion.

Facts and details really help in situations like this, if for no other reason then to try to have both sides of the discussion look at possible failures that both may have contributed to in the breakdown in communications.
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #32
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Good job on the details Rich. Running a busy shop is not easy to say the least. Most customers are concerned with their car only, no matter where on the priority list it is. They also don't realize if one project (we have between 7-12 in the shop at any given time) has a delay due to parts not showing on time, wrong part arrives, machining delays, etc. etc. etc. that it pushes ALL the builds back as everytime you pull off of one job to do another, time is lost. Very easy to "holler to the world" when upset in todays internet age, but that usually sets up greater animosity between the parties making a resolution all the harder.

Interested to see the outcome, I trust it will turn out fine as I have respect for their shop & abilities as well as many other shops around.

Good luck all!
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #33
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

This sounds like a soap opera gone bad...I would love to hear to the "real" details!
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #34
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Good job on the details Rich. Running a busy shop is not easy to say the least. Most customers are concerned with their car only, no matter where on the priority list it is. They also don't realize if one project (we have between 7-12 in the shop at any given time) has a delay due to parts not showing on time, wrong part arrives, machining delays, etc. etc. etc. that it pushes ALL the builds back as everytime you pull off of one job to do another, time is lost. Very easy to "holler to the world" when upset in todays internet age, but that usually sets up greater animosity between the parties making a resolution all the harder.

Interested to see the outcome, I trust it will turn out fine as I have respect for their shop & abilities as well as many other shops around.

Good luck all!

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #35
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post

Good luck all!
And then you have to take into account Employees not showing up, Wife or SO calling every 30 min.,Having Marital or SO problems or setting in a chair testing everybody and their dog and not doing their job!!
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #36
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :

How do you know I call him every 30 mins Junk?
o.k. once a day maybe two I'm guilty. But Im sick...lol

Im sure they were really trying to help you out, Got busy and you had another car in-till last month so it was a take time save you money process. they weren't trying to hurt you on purpose. Kelli is cool as S&^% why didnt you just go talk to her.

Website
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #37
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

If both are smart, this will stop until it's been worked out on court (if the action has indeed been filed).

It can't do either of them any good to air it publically at this time.

As far as the details we have presently, we only have one side

I disagree that there's a problem with her timeline. I do however agree that it makes no sense to have allowed it to go on this long.
9- 10 months is unreasonable in anyones book (IMO).

Then again, it appears it wasn't at Chris' all that time and it seems that the priority changed as did her circumstances. I've been in that boat so i can understand how that happens.

It'll be interesting to see how it all washes out.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #38
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

We need James Patterson to write a detective Alex Cross novel to get to the bottom of this story. The suspense is killing me.
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #39
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom View Post
How do you know I call him every 30 mins Junk?
o.k. once a day maybe two I'm guilty. But Im sick...lol

Im sure they were really trying to help you out, Got busy and you had another car in-till last month so it was a take time save you money process. they weren't trying to hurt you on purpose. Kelli is cool as S&^% why didnt you just go talk to her.
I wasn't talking about the bosses wife or girlfriend,I was talking about the employees!!I haven't had a employee put in a compleat 40 hour week in 5 years!! There is always a dilemma that is more important than making a living!I'm to the point that I may to try to find me a illegal,at least they'll work!
Unread 12-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :

Well understood Mr.Junk You must talk to Greg allot, you sound just like him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
I wasn't talking about the bosses wife or girlfriend,I was talking about the employees!!I haven't had a employee put in a compleat 40 hour week in 5 years!! There is always a dilemma that is more important than making a living!I'm to the point that I may to try to find me a illegal,at least they'll work!

Website