The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 12-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
spiceman

Name :
spiceman has disabled reputation
Default OK WHO'S DOING THE Daytona ROLEX 24 this YEAR ?

Some history here Florida Vette owner's...........There hasn't been a CORVETTE Corral at the 24hour race at Daytona in YEARS.
This just ain't right folks.
I can't stand driving past the Ferrari's and Porsche Corrals every year.
I personally know almost all the Corvette racing teams who race the 24 and these fella's could sure use some Vette owner's spirt's for them.
What say we get together and form a Corral for these Vette Teams, owner's and crew member's?
In fact if any of you have ever thought about taking your vette's on the Daytona Track for a lap...........let me know...I can make it happen for you.
Spiceman

Last edited by spiceman; 03-09-2008 at 10:24 AM.
spiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

When is this race? I'll be at the Daytona 500 in February 08. Is there a web site for this race? Wow, it would be way COOL to go around the track.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
spiceman

Name :
Default Daytona Rolex 24 2008 Jan 26th-27

Great fun and the worlds top driver's ...........I do mean all of them from every part of the planet
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the date. So it should be on the Daytona website under the Rolex race? Where are your seats? I was able to get the end of pit row and about 40 rows up for the Daytona 500 race. The tickets practically fell in my lap. I don't have connections for this race though. Are you connected with the race in some fashion? I saw your race car on your personal page. Very nice and COOL.
PS: Your Corral idea sounds really good too.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Just my opinion but
The 24 Hrs of Daytona used to be a great race, now the cars look the same same as NASCAR...
I believe the reason there's no Corvette Corral is Team Corvette doesn't race there and I believe IMSA / Chevrolet sponsor the other Corvette Corrals. Maybe contact the France family sponsors.
ALMS at Sebring and St Pete are the races to watch the Vettes.
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:40 PM   #6
Errol

Name :
Errol has disabled reputation

I just purchased a 2007 Pace car and would love to take it for a lap or 2. I haven't been to Daytona since I went to school there in '79. Can you help with tickets?
Errol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
spiceman

Name :
Default Some help for ticket info

Here's the skinny on ticket's for the Rolex.go to web site Daytona international speedway ticket info.
It'll give you all the info you need for the Rolex, plus any of the Speedweek races.
The Parade lap for those whom wish to drive their car on the track is also available.
As for "TEAM Corvette" which is indeed a IMSA ALMS , not GrandAM which sponcer's the ROLEX race most likely will not race the Rolex.......whoever, many of the driver's of the Rolex race including Team Corvettes, Ron Fellow's, Johnny O Oliver Gavin do particpate as driver's in the DP car's that race.
I do agree that the DP car's do for the most part look like one another and I'm sure the France Family has something to do with that considering the Grand-Am is in part owned by the France family. However and more to my point..........There are several Corvette Teams who race their car's at the Rolex 24 and these people are great to meet, and certainly put a show on as well as any IMSA Team's. In fact, how many Corvette Teams in IMSA compaired to Grand-AM? Food for thought.

Now as for seating? The Rolex race your ticket's get you into the in field and totally up close to the entire race event's.in fact you can walk onto the race track and sign your name on the Start/Finish line as my wife does every year.
Or like the pic I attached....go right into the garage's with the teams and crew's. Doesn't get much closer than that. BE SURE to bring your camera.

Unread 12-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

I am definetly up for this...

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...na/543092.html
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

I'm up for it , some guys on the other forum set up a corvette corral 3 years ago we ended up by the marry go round and had room for 10 cars. the porcshe guys had more room than they could use. So if it can be set up I'm there
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
spiceman

Name :
Default Great guy's (&Ladies) believe me it's a ball

have far too many pic's to share of the past races.
But for those who've not attended of late, there are driver's of Europe's F1, driver's of the land under's Super Car's Challenge, There are the IMSA guy's as I mentioned earlier, Cart Guy's and leave not forget Danika as she's done this for the past 3 years, The Indy driver's, including Helio (still Dancing With
The Star's, the Rally Driver's, and least to speak the NASCAR driver's there. Up Close and very very friendly all of them. Gordon, LaBonte, Boris, Jimmy Johnson who just signed up again and even Junior.
Wife and go from roll in (wednesdayJan 23rd straight through to the finish Jan27th. Be sure to bring clothes for any conditions because it can be hotter than blazes one day and very cold or raining on the next.
The Farris Wheel is indeed where the {Porsche folks do their Corral0 But I know the place pretty well and I have a much better place in mind far closer to the Fan Zone and garages of the driver's.
Let me know any questions that might help and we'll get a sign up sheet started.
Spiceman