The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 10-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road
Default C5 Paint & Body in Tampa Bay?

I'm *really* sorry to have to ask this my first day here, but such is life. Picked up some damage in a parking lot today. Looking for recommendations for a top-notch C5 body/paint shop in Pinellas or Tampa.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Don't really know of any shops but I'm sorry to hear about your car.
Is it bad?

If I do hear of a shop I'll post them up.

Good luck with the car.
Suicide King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Ouch! You sound pretty calm about it. I'd be INVENTING cuss words on the keyboard myself.....
Unread 10-07-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up PAINT/BODY WORK

HE'S NOT CHEAP....BUT GOOD!!

Gene Perez Body Repairs Inc

4710 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33603

Phone: (813) 239-3616

HE DID SOME WORK ON MY CAR AND WAS VERY IMPRESSED. HE DOES ALL THE WORK FOR MERCEDES BENZ CARS FOR LOKEY IN TAMPA.

GOOD LUCK!!!
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide King
Don't really know of any shops but I'm sorry to hear about your car.
Is it bad?
Not too very. It's a "dent" a few inches across on the right quarter, and a scrape on the side of the rear cap. I mean yeah, I'm quite unhappy, but the car *is* my daily driver and when you drive them they aren't like new anymore. Periodic paint & body "maintenance" is something I plan on when I have a nice car for a daily driver.

It already needed a new windshield from our mega-trip in June, and there's a place in the wheelwell where the paint started to flake, so I'll just have it all done at one time and it should come back better than it was before the incident.

My only real concern is getting the Quicksilver matched.

Thanks all for the good wishes. If no other suggestions come up I'll just bite the bullet and take it to Burke's in Maitland. He is supposed to be The Man.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Sent you this on the "other" forum but thought I'd post it here to for you and the others who may need it. Also sent you a PM with more detailed info on thier locations, addresses and referral parties.

And Ji is right...Gene's been around forever and does a ton of high end, quality work

Whatever you do, stay away from the guy that runs the shows over here on saturday night at BK!!!!!! (won't give his name for liability reasons).

His work, especially his custom work, is nice, but he'll take for freaking ever to get it back to you and sorta screwed over another vette owner on a job he didn't finish. Part of the problem was the owner failed to get things in writing so it's a he said/she said situation...but thats for the courts....

Anyway, here's the info again:

If you want it done "right" and don't mind spending the $$$.. .try Bedrocks on Nebraska Ave. just south of Sligh Ave. in Tampa.

They rebuilkt a friends wrecked C4 and painted every nut and bolt on the thing. This car looked factory (better actually) when it rolled out and they stood behind everything they did.

I've seen a lot of the work they do and IMO, it's top notch. They're pricey but I think worth it.

There's also the Corvette Shop on Dale Mabry south of 2-75. Mike is the owner. They have a full body and paint shop. The quality seems good and since they specialize in rebuilts, they do a good job as well. Check them both out.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #7
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannet

My only real concern is getting the Quicksilver matched.
With the heavy metal flake in any silver paint, matching is a legitimate concern. So here is an idea for you. Have your painter mix the paint a couple shades darker, going towards grey, and have him paint some ghost flames on your baby! You won't have to worry about the paint matching, and you will have one cool ride!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #8
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I took mine to Mark J. Faltus Auto Body and Painting
5020 N. Clark Ave. Tampa, Fl 33614
813-873-7094

He repaired my Z after I ran over a curb. I've never taken pictures of it after it was done. When I wash it next (probably tomorrow), I will post the before and afters for you.

I'm planning on getting the part above my exhaust on the lower portion of the rear fascia painted pretty soon. I'm either going to take it to Mark, or if I stay on my side of the Bay, I'll bring it to Superior Auto Body on 49th St. in Pinellas Park. They've been recommended to me. When I drove by recently, they were working on 2 Ferrari's. They must do good work.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #9
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I've seen some interesting machinery at Suerior That may be a good choice for you and much closer than either of the shops I reccommended.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote