The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 09-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
litevette

Name :
litevette has disabled reputation
Default October 6th Corvette Funmeet in Orlando

There will be a fun get together of Corvette enthusiast at Orlando SpeedWorld in East Orlando on Friday October the 6th from 6-10 p.m. You can just hang out and shoot the breeze, eat some free food:smiliedrool: (we will have a BBQ) and drinks and show off your Vette. Since we will be at the track, if you qualify you can race your Vette (or just armachair race:lol. There will discussions on planning for future Vette races & cruise nights. We will also be discussing how to improve your Corvettes performance as well as how to get started drag racing. If you plan on racing, make to sure to either wear or bring pants and a long sleeved shirt. If you have one, bring a helmet. If not, some others will have helmet's that can be shared.
Orlando Speedworld
19442 East Colonial Drive
Orlando, FL 32820
(407)568-2717 Office during normal business hours
(407) 568-5522 Track when gates are open

SpeedWorld charges $10 to get in and it's only $5 more if you plan to race! If you have any questions about this get together, you can call (407) 758-0664 in Orlando or (321) 253-1474 in Melbourne. In the event that there is a rain out, everyone will meet up at the Whataburger to the West of the track on highway 50/Colonial Drive (at the corner of 419 and 50).

litevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Sounds cool. It's the day before Vettefest at Old Town In kissimmee. I think I'll slide bythe races, then go to the free pizza/beer pool party at Seralago Hotel (host hotel for the Vette Fest show) later that night at 9pm. Vette Fest show is all day Saturday in Old Town for those of you that would like to slide by after the races the next day!

Vette Fest used to be called Octobervettes for the last 14 years, but it's under new management. In years past we could get 300 + Vettes in on a rainy weekend, and 500 + on a sunny weekend. It's Free show to enter so come on out!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
litevette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Sounds cool. It's the day before Vettefest at Old Town In kissimmee. I think I'll slide bythe races, then go to the free pizza/beer pool party at Seralago Hotel (host hotel for the Vette Fest show) later that night at 9pm. Vette Fest show is all day Saturday in Old Town for those of you that would like to slide by after the races the next day!

Vette Fest used to be called Octobervettes for the last 14 years, but it's under new management. In years past we could get 300 + Vettes in on a rainy weekend, and 500 + on a sunny weekend. It's Free show to enter so come on out!
Cool! See ya at Speed World!!!
Unread 09-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Tim, I am not-sure of BERNADETTE's schedule as-of-yet for that date, but I will make every attempt to be there and help.

Glen.
Unread 09-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
litevette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1
Tim, I am not-sure of BERNADETTE's schedule as-of-yet for that date, but I will make every attempt to be there and help.

Glen.
Awesome! By the way, I just noticed your new location. Very Cool!!! Hope you like it here as much as I do. Just drove through your neck of the woods about an hour ago.
Unread 09-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
Red 69

Name :
Red 69 has disabled reputation

As of now there is one Corvette club promoting this event as an opportunity to have members try drag racing. Another club will have a member introduce it at their next meeting. No word yet from other clubs who received the promotional letter and flyer. Be there or be square, we are expecting a good show and the beginning of something special. Yup...there will be more, but you have to be there.

For those on the fence and who haven't raced before, this is for you. If you are a hard-core Corvette racer this is also for you. If you want to show off your car or plan your next cruise, it is also for you. All Corvettes, old and new, fast and not as fast are all welcome to come together at this event. Look for us on the south side of the pit area and near the bathrooms.
Red 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

I think I can make this one after all.
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 69
...Look for us on the south side of the pit area and near the bathrooms.:vette:
Well....ain't that just speshul.....

I'm gonna try to make it to both events. Sounds like a great weekend

Gonna be pissed if I don't!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #9
litevette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Well....ain't that just speshul.....

I'm gonna try to make it to both events. Sounds like a great weekend

Gonna be pissed if I don't!
Lot's o fun guaranteed!!!
Unread 10-03-2006, 10:42 AM   #10
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Exactly what time will th track 'open' on Friday?????

I am towing from Lakeland, and want to beat the rush-hour traffic through Disney/Orlando, and may leave here as-early as 3:30 PM to avoid grid-lock.....