The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Corvette Clubs > TAMPA BAY VETTES CLUB

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

TAMPA BAY VETTES CLUB "Friendship Building A Legend"

Unread 12-23-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Christmas Giving!!!!

To TampaBay Vettes Members:
Wanted to give you all an update on something that happened to Jeanne and I after the Corvette Christmas Gift Day at the Park.
We contacted "Child Services" and found out that the family we gave gifts to was still it great need of other things.
Jeanne and I thought why just stop giving at Christmas time and we should continue thru out the year.
We got in touch with the grand mother of Chris and Crystal last night. She indicated that the kids were not getting anything else for Christmas.....We got her address etc. and headed to "Target"....well we went "Nuts"....bought them bikes, clothes, toys and today we are going to "Pulix's" to get them everything they need for a great Christmas dinner also.
The point I am trying to make is we all need to continue giving all year, not just at Christmas time. These families are hurting all year and need your support!!
We all drive expensive "Corvettes" and I think we each can adopt our family that we gave gifts too and give them a great 2007.
At the next TampaBay Vettes meeting I will, if you want to... get you hooked up with a family or your Family that you donated gifts too. Please remember how lucky we all are and that others need our support!!!

Thanks Gang:
Jim and Jeanne Kill

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 08:50 AM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #2
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

I am a member or SERTOMA (SERvice TOMAn kind). We help families all year but we seem to find more families in need during the holidays than any other time of the year. What you have decided to do is admirable. You will be blessed.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I do my giving to St. Judes. Quarterly donations and monthly smaller ones.

This is why I enjoy doing shows and such during the holiday season. Many are rasing $$ for families in need

Jim, it's a great thing you and your lady did

You are good folks, despite what Rich said about you
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 08:08 AM   #4
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking UPDATE!!!

Gang:
Thanks for your input.....It's wonderful you all agree with Jeanne and I and are doing something this Christmas for someone else deserving. Please keep in mine people need help all year.
If you all have a story, please share with us!!
Update:
We delivered our gifts last night. We called the Grand mother....Chris and Crystal were at Church...so we uploaded the SUV....two bikes, tons of games and clothes....Jeanne decided we should stop at "Publix's" and we got them everything needed for a hugh Christmas dinner for the family. We arrived at there little house and "Wow" i can't tell you how Blessed we are all are at our home to see what they have to live in and endure. They have (4) four people living in a (1) one bedroom home. Family services is working on getting them a bigger place, according to the Grand mother. Oh!...we did not forget Grandma, we got her a gift certificate at "Target" and "AMC" movie's.
Family services is getting us a security clearance next week...so we can take Chris and Crystal out to Busch Gardens for the day next year.
I will give you updates, when we know how Christmas went for them.
Please have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Jim and Jeanne Kill

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:51 PM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 09:21 AM   #5
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

This really is a great undertaking you guys have made

Even better bescause I know having met you that it comes straight from the heart!

This is what Christmas...and America...is all about!!!

Merry Christmas and God bless both of you!

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote