The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation
Default Anyone here try "DitY Auto Repair"?

... this place in Central FL?

http://dityautorepair.com/
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Interesting concept. Not sure if they can keep it busy enough to cover the overhead though.....I'm sure their insurance is ridiculously high.....
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I would imagine anyone living close by would jump at the chance to rent a bay with a 2 post lift for only $20 per hour.

But yeah, with the initial expense outlay, overhead, and liability concerns and liability insurance costs, I can't see this being a real big money maker for anyone looking to get a franchise themselves. Cost of the building, land, tools, permits, supplies, etc., it will likely be a LONG time before you are operating in the black.

And SOMEONE is going to have to be there whenever it is open to keep tools and equipment from just "walking away". So unless the owner wants to do that, someone is going to have to get a paycheck for that job.

Of course, if your car is up on the lift and you are waiting for parts you didn't initially plan on, and they charge you that $20 per hour 24 hours a day, whether you are working on the car or not while it is tying up a lift, you'll be paying the additional expense to have parts shipped overnight to you, for sure.

But maybe I'm just missing something in their business plan. Sounds good for the customer, but for the owner trying to make money off of the business, maybe not so much.