The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 01-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
checkeredfever

Name :
checkeredfever is on a distinguished road
Default Want to Drive Corvettes On a Racetrack?

I just can't say enough about the experience I had a couple of weeks ago with Henry Gilbert and his company Sports Car Driving Experience. I've had some great experiences in a car from driving exotic imports to baja trucks but the two days I spent with Sports Car Driving Experience at Palm Beach Raceway were nearly the top.

I normally don't recommend things but I would be doing this board a dis-service if I didn't tell you what a blast it was to drive a Z06 Corvette to my fullest ability and sometimes beyond. Henry and his group are a first class orgainization and if you like Vettes you'll love this. Sports Car Driving Experience has all Corvettes as their track cars. A dream come true for a Vette lover.

Check them out Henry and his team at www.sportscardrivingexperience.com or call 800-768-1014 to get signed up with a school. I'm going back to PBIR in March and am trying to do Homestead in May.
1982 Resto-Mod C3
www.corvette-school.com
Drive Vettes On the Track
checkeredfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
triplevette

Name :
triplevette has disabled reputation
Default Sports Car Driving Experience

Yeah, I did Sebring with Henry and his Vettes as well as Homestead and PBIR. I had a great time at each event. I even got to take my wife around a couple of laps at PBIR. I compared Bondurant and Spring Mountain to Sports Car Driving Experience and was blown away that they charged nearly double for a weekend over what Sports Car Drivings rates are. It's the best buy going in my opinion. I spoke to Henry and he's got a 2010 Grand Sport coming in for the school toward the end of the month and another Grand Sport coming in February. What a great chance to go out and drive one of the most talked about Vettes in awhile on a racetrack. I'm going to shoot for getting my SCCA license and renting a car to race from Sports Car Driving Experience. Henry has been doing that for several guys and it's working out well.

I'm going to see if I can get the entire club here in Atlanta to go to Roebling Road the next time they have a school there. I must say that I totally agree with Checkeredfever in that this is a first class outfit. You can check them out at www.corvette-school.com

Does anyone have experience with racing Vettes in SCCA? I need some insight on the rules, classes, and car specs.
triplevette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car, corvettes, driving, experience, sports