The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #61
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Just out of curiosity, I checked some stats on this site. Right now we currently have 3,975 registered members. That's after I deleted ALL spammers yesterday.

Of those 3,975 members,
  • 2,328 have NEVER made a post here.
  • 3,498 have not logged back into this site within the past year.
  • which, of course, means that only 477 registered members have even stopped by within the past 365 days.
  • only 136 members have posted anything within the past year.
  • only 89 members have posted anything within the past 6 months.
  • only 24 members have posted anything within the past month.

A while back someone said that the reason they don't post here is because nobody posts here. Seems to have become contagious.
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
LEJ ZO6
LEJ ZO6

Name :
LEJ ZO6 has disabled reputation

I monitor the site nearly every day. I don't post just to be posting
LEJ ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #63
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6 View Post
I monitor the site nearly every day. I don't post just to be posting
I look around the forum more than I post also.

Too many folks do a lot of talking without really saying anything - IMO.

Added==> I bet a lot of the members check out the "New Post" link at the homepage and if nothing is new they just move on.
again, IMO.

Last edited by Cor66Vette; 05-29-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Wanted to add my opinion on the matter
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #64
Rich Z

Yeah, and with nothing new being posted each time they stop in, eventually they will just stop coming around. Which most certainly is already happening.

I went through the same thing with the ArmsLocker.com website I used to own. When the number of members signing in per day dropped below 10, someone offered to buy it from me just before I was going to pull the plug anyway. That site never did bounce back, so the guy definitely got the short end on that deal.

Best I can tell, this site is in a death spiral now. Not enough people posting to sustain the interest of the rest of the people who are just lurking. So not enough people reply to those posts that someone DOES make, so they just stop posting completely as being a waste of their time and effort.

Oh well...........
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #65
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

I wish I knew where Back Yard Mechanic, Bugman, Thor (I see him occassionally) 72Ragtop, Rich 427, Texas Momma, Ray and dozens of others have faded away to. It was maybe 3 years ago (does that sound right RichZ?) that this was one fun group.

I too am sorry the ole groups not around. As for me I lurk alot anymore but we did have some fun..

I'll be here with you (probably quietly) till the end.

Ken
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #66
Rich Z

Yeah.... I'm wondering how hard it will be to scrape those decals off of my front and back glass on the cars...... Once this site is gone, wouldn't make much sense for me to continue advertising it in that manner.
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #67
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
I wish I knew where Back Yard Mechanic, Bugman, Thor (I see him occassionally) 72Ragtop, Rich 427, Texas Momma, Ray and dozens of others have faded away to. It was maybe 3 years ago (does that sound right RichZ?) that this was one fun group.

I too am sorry the ole groups not around. As for me I lurk alot anymore but we did have some fun..

Ken
I am still here Ken! Although, I used to stop in and look at this site 3 to 5 times a day, that is a waste of my time anymore. So, I try to take a peak at least each day.

I have never been one to initiate a post regardless of the site, unless I had a problem that I needed help with and was beyond my expertise. But I have always tried to respond to people that are struggling with a project that I might be able to help, such as your tire pressure monitoring system project for your Z. I don't know how helpful I was but at least I weighed in and tried.

With me being down in SW Florida and not a lot of members from this forum are down here, the posts about who is going to a show in the Tampa area, or a cruise in up in the panhandle somewhere is not of interest to me. I am not saying that they are not important, just not something that is relevant specifically to me. The non Vette related posts have never been something that I looked at because that is not why I come to this site.

Obviously, Rich's Z project over the last few years has been of great interest to me, so I always look for his posts on what he is doing and where he is with that project, and not from watching a train wreck in the early stages, but from concern for what he was going through and his ability to persevere and get his car back on track. But, when they eliminated points on a Corvette, they also eliminated a big portion of my backyard mechanic expertise, what little I have, where I could be of some help. Don't get me wrong, I find it extremely interesting, just way over my head technically.

If it is any consolation, I have stopped visiting Corvette Forum, the Z06 forum, Digital Vettes forum, because I was hearing the same stuff and, at least from the CF standpoint, did not enjoy how it was administered. So, the only Vette forums I visit are this one and the Z06 CE forum. Now you want to talk about a dead forum, the Z06 CE forum can go for weeks without a post. But, when you take into consideration that they only built 2025 of them, how many people from that group would you expect to capture to keep that site lively?

Anyway, I guess that was a long winded way of saying, I am still here, doing exactly what I have always done on this site. Certainly with the lower activity levels, there are less posts that hit this site that I can weigh in and help. I have meet a number of very nice people on this site but except for a few, most have left for whatever reason and that does concern me also.

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #68
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
Anyway, I guess that was a long winded way of saying, I am still here, doing exactly what I have always done on this site. Certainly with the lower activity levels, there are less posts that hit this site that I can weigh in and help. I have meet a number of very nice people on this site but except for a few, most have left for whatever reason and that does concern me also.

Rich
Of course, that begs the question of, am I doing something wrong in the way I am administering this site? Am I chasing people away? If so, please be brutally blunt. It's not like there is anything to be lost now by letting me know. Something has to change, even if it is all me, otherwise I don't think this site is going to be around for long anyway.
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #69
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Of course, that begs the question of, am I doing something wrong in the way I am administering this site? Am I chasing people away? If so, please be brutally blunt. It's not like there is anything to be lost now by letting me know. Something has to change, even if it is all me, otherwise I don't think this site is going to be around for long anyway.
Rich,

I have waited a few days to see if anyone would jump in to answer your question, but so far no responses. I would not be comfortable to hazard a guess on why other people have left this site. I wish I knew. But I will say that the only time I became uncomfortable with the site was a few years ago when we had a young guy and a young girl (don't remember their names) that were having problems with the first shop that you eventually took you Z to up in the panhandle. I know those people were young and probably did not interface well with the criticism that others on this site may have given, but I was not comfortable with the interaction (in both directions) on the posts that was describing their problems. The fact that it made me uncomfortable, just meant that I avoided those posts for a while, but it did not drive me from the site.

I also thought that Shadow (I don't know the guy and would not if I bumped into him) was a big contributor to this site. I don't understand, nor is it important to me, what caused the rift that took place where he left the site. But it seems to me that when Shadow left the site, the activity also seemed to go down. That is just a perception on my part.

Other than these couple items, again, I have no clue why the activity on this site has become so poor. But, I will say that the activity on most of the Vette sites that I frequent is not near what it used to be.

I hope this helps, even if it just spurs some conversation!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #70
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
I hope this helps, even if it just spurs some conversation!Rich
I just noticed you're in Ft Myers. My son and I spent last weekend there doing his baseball tournaments. They're big on baseball in that neck of the woods.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote