The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 11-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #31
Curacao
Island in the Caribbean.

Name : Timothy Halley
Curacao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
As they say, if you arrive together you can park together. So how we gonna get all us CorvetteFlorida folks together?

I guess we could all meet at the McD's around 0800 and head out from there, you know there is going to be a HUGE line anyway. I hope there is going to be traffic control, the turn across Adamo into the place is not that bad, the people in front can let the parkers know how many in our group. We won't get seperated.

As for us folks heading North to get there, Why don't we meet at the usual place, the Hess Station at SR 70 and I-75 around 0700. We can head up I-75 from there, meet the rest of our gang at McD's, then cruise in together.

Let me know....

Joe B.
bugman1 a.k.a. (98 softail)

If you need to contact me, 941-780-3520(c)
I agree, but Joe the time for you should be 0630 so you will actually arrive on time at 0700

Tim
Tim's Toys
Curacao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:13 AM   #32
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curacao View Post
I agree, but Joe the time for you should be 0630 so you will actually arrive on time at 0700

Tim
Tim's Toys
Ouch!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #33
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Looking Good For Saturday

Looking real good for Saturday. Bring a jacket for the early morning til the Sun comes out!!!!

ATTENTION TAMPABAYVETTE MEMBERS:

We have a Club meeting tonight Wednesday November 14th. After meeting we are doing "Goody Bags"....Please stay around and help...Pizza will be served.

Last edited by JIM KILL; 05-02-2008 at 12:54 PM.
JIM KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #34
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking Vendor Information and Stuff

Vendors:

We are only three days away from "The Ultimate Corvette Party" all Corvette Show and Sale this coming Saturday, November 17th. The weather is supposed to be beautiful although a little cool in the early morning hours so dress accordingly. If you have any questions regarding your space or participation in the show, please call Mike Dye at 813-781-3781 or Jim Kill at 813-695-2341.

You will have two contacts for setup this Friday and Saturday listed below. In addition, I am enclosing our Parking Manager's cellphone for your convenience.

We have a great New Vendor location this year in conjunction with the moving of the show slightly East of the Ferman New Car Dealership. Our Vendor space will be along the Ferman Service Road just to the East side of the Mazda Dealership out front along the road so you and your vehicles will have high visibility and plenty of space to spread out. Beginning at 5:30 AM on Saturday Morning, we will block of the Service Road in the area where you will exhibit and there will be Police at both ends to direct traffic. All Corvettes will now enter the lot at the new Ferman Corvette Accessories Building and this will be our Show Headquarters as well. If you have a trailer or Van/RV that requires you work from one side only, please call in advance so that we can direct you to the right entrance so that you will not have to turn around. We strongly urge you to setup Friday afternoon when we will have the flexibility to spend time getting you setup properly.

Setup times are this Friday between 3 & 5 PM for large Trailers or RV'S and anyone who wants to pre-stage their tent or cars. We will have a guard that will walk the area Friday night but please be aware that we are not responsible for any stolen, missing or damaged property whatsoever. If you do have an RV type vehicle and wish to spend the night in it, we have a space for you either pre-staged in front of the show or in the back of the fence behind the Mazda dealership.

Normal setup time will be from 6 AM till 9 AM on Saturday Morning, November 17th. and if you just have a tent to set up, this time will be fine. We will try to accommodate you as to space location as best we can but if you get there late, please do not expect to get your choice of locations.

Please do not forget our "Meet & Greet" on Friday evening at the Hilton Garden Inn, our Host Hotel. We will began gathering around 6 Pm and the Hotel is having a Corvette Buffet Dinner, Cash Bar and Karaoke Sing along beginning around 6:30 PM. If you are not already booked at the Hotel, I think they are sold out but please call to check. We have a contingency Hotel that they will recommend also. All the information is on the Vendor website @ www.michaeldye.com or www.corvetteparty.com .

Remember, we do not furnish tents, tables, chairs etc. You must bring your own stuff!

We will have four radio stations broadcasting live all day at the event so feel free to go up and talk to them and get your Company some free publicity. We will have a great band starting at noon and free door prizes given away all day long. Andy Pilgrim of C5R Racing fame will be there signing anything you want and of course we will have the third annual "Valve Cover Races"! We will also have plenty of great food and a wonderful day of talking and looking at Corvette's. Come by the Registration area at the Ferman Corvette Accessories Building early for free coffee and breakfast sandwiches!

Extremely Important!

If you have talked to us and make arrangements to either pay for your booth space (Cash/Check) at the show or have not shipped us your donation products, you will need to come to the Ferman Corvette Accessories Building immediately upon arrival. Vendors not paying for booth spaces will be asked to leave. Please see either Jim Kill or Myself ONLY!

Vendor Relations:

(1.) Jim Kill - 813-695-2341 (Cell), 813-936-0796 (Office)

(2.) Mike Dye - 813-781-3781 (Cell), 813-248-6211 (Office)

Parking Manager:

Tom Asbury - 813-784-5912

We are looking forward to a Great Show this Saturday. We have over 400 Corvettes Booked for the show so use the day to promote and sell your wares. Please feel free to contact either Jim Kill or me with any questions.

Thanks,

Mike Dye & Jim Kill

Unread 11-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #35
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
LAST CALL ON NAME BADGES FOR THE FERMAN SHOW......

If you want me to print one up for you to bring to the show for you, I need to know REAL SOON........

And please let me know if you want your REAL name imprinted on the badge as well as your CFL handle.
Rich Z:
Please make two for me and my wife,:
Glenn Smith- 'Mr. Blue'
"Love Is Blue" '66 Vette

&
Kat Miller-Smith
'Mrs. Blue'

Thanks and we both are anxious to see our Florida friends again...this time with ol' LOVE.

Has anyone made a firm decision as to exactly where we are all going to meet up to drive in together from and at what time to be WHERE? It seems like meeting @ 8AM is cutting it kind of tight for all those parking spaces and other clubs coming in. I've read a lot of suggestions, but has a firm decision been made yet?
Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #36
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Talking Trying to help!!

Blue:

I am trying to help them and they are boucing all over the place. I think McDonalds at 7:00am was the last decision. Let's see if anyone else jumps in on this conversation. I am at the Show at 5:00am, so if you are completely frustrated, just come over and get in line. If you look in the above comments there is a map from me of Mickey D's. The Vette needs to be up front and if you come in early we can probably work that out....you have a trailer I know and it has to be unloaded. You can come over the night before you know and park the Vette. We have security all night. Mike Dye and I will be at Ferman at 3:00 til 5:30 on Friday.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=9751+A...0.061073&hl=en

Jim

Unread 11-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #37
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation

Jim,
Thanks for some advise.
I have been seriously thinking about doing the Friday thing and unloading then. As much as I would love to unload and drive in with the gang on Saturday morning, it is beginning to sound like a big cluster dump!
My only problem is my wife can't get off before 1PM, and with the Orlando traffic, I'm not sure I will be able to make it over there by the 5:30 slot, even the way I drive, but I'm going to give THAT a try, I think. We'll see how the traffic works out on a Friday thru Orlando on I-4 from Edgewater
Look for us then.
Thanks again, and be sure to let me know if anything else changes. Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #38
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough
Default Hardee Har Har!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curacao View Post

Tim
Tim's Toys
, ,
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #39
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

We need to vote:

Where are we meeting?

Where ever it is,we will be there around 7am,just let me know,please.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #40
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Jim, did you say the show was east of the Ferman dealership? If that's the case, we could meet at Ferman's and then drive the short way to the show, no?