The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 09-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Rethink 911?

I guess this is appropriate for today...

Unread 09-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'm going to take a very unpopular view .Ron Paul when running as a presidential candidate made the statement that had we kept our noses out of the middle east 911 might not have happened. I'm no dove ,I believe in a strong national defense but keep our noses out of everyone else's business .

We haven't won a war since WWII nor have we gained anything except those who hatted us before now hate us more .Our foreign aid mostly has gone to corrupt political leaders .
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

I was working in Far Rockaway across the water from Manhattan and could see the smoldering coming from the WTC after the first crash. As my co-workers and I were looking at the smoke from the first hit, not yet knowing that it was a terrorist attack, we saw the explosion of the second aircraft hitting the building.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
I'm going to take a very unpopular view .Ron Paul when running as a presidential candidate made the statement that had we kept our noses out of the middle east 911 might not have happened. I'm no dove ,I believe in a strong national defense but keep our noses out of everyone else's business .

We haven't won a war since WWII nor have we gained anything except those who hatted us before now hate us more .Our foreign aid mostly has gone to corrupt political leaders .
Actually I agree with you completely.

What has our sticking our noses in other country's business really gotten for us? Heck, we will spend our money to train one faction or another, that then turns around and uses that expertise and weaponry to kill Americans with sooner or later.

The purpose of the US military is to defend the United States of America, NOT empire building for whatever sock puppet happens to be sitting in the oval office at the time. If the USA needs to go to war, then do it the Constitutional way by FIRST passing a bill generated in the House of Representatives and passed by the full Senate to officially declare war and then go at it to WIN. We are not an arm of the United Nations at their beck and call. We are NOT arbitrators of civil skirmishes in every podunk country in the world. If one faction wants to beat the brains out of another faction in some country, what business is it of ours? Let 'em. Why should Americans get killed because of it?

All it has done is gotten EVERYONE hating America and us Americans because of the damned dumb decisions that our government has made over the decades. And to what end?