The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > On The Road in Florida

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

On The Road in Florida Cruising | Scenic Routes | Speed Traps | Cool Places To Visit | Interesting Experiences in Florida

Unread 08-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road
Default If You Are Ever Driving Through Clewiston,

And you are thirsty, hungry and want a break from the Clewistion Inn, check out Roland Martin's Marina & Resort @ 920 E. Del Monte (east end of town). Food and spirits are 4 thumbs up at their Tiki Bar. Tried it this weekend with my better half and we had no regrets at all.

With prior notification, they can probably accomodate 50-75 people easily for a cruise in...
Unread 09-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #2
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
And you are thirsty, hungry and want a break from the Clewistion Inn, check out Roland Martin's Marina & Resort @ 920 E. Del Monte (east end of town). Food and spirits are 4 thumbs up at their Tiki Bar. Tried it this weekend with my better half and we had no regrets at all.

With prior notification, they can probably accomodate 50-75 people easily for a cruise in...
True!!!! And may I add is the only thing NOT owned by U.S. Sugar out there!!!!!

Other then that, Clewiston blows!!!!! My apologies to any Clewistonites.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Thanx, great info!! I need a loooonnnnggg break from the Clewiston Inn
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

I am not a Clewiston resident but on a recent drive through town, my adventurous side came out and drove through some of the residential streets on north side of town and was surprised with the homes that we found there...Seemed like a nice place to raise a family...I have been known to be wrong on occassion though...
Unread 09-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
I am not a Clewiston resident but on a recent drive through town, my adventurous side came out and drove through some of the residential streets on north side of town and was surprised with the homes that we found there...Seemed like a nice place to raise a family...I have been known to be wrong on occassion though...
Soon to be VERY WRONG!!!!!! Unfortunately, not only for Clewiston but for all lakeside communities like it, LaBelle, Moorehaven, South Bay, etc., are in for a really nasty wakeup call when U.S. Sugar closes it's doors in about two years.

Once again another example of sissy bleeding-heart hippies whining about the environment is causing them to shut down and donate the land to the ol' gov't and putting EVERYONE in these areas completely out of work. South Lake Okeechobee will all become ghost towns in ten years time. Sad, just sad.

Unread 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
blacksharkL82

Name :
blacksharkL82 has disabled reputation
Default US Sugar

I think you may be wrong about them leaving. C. Crist, is BUYING the land for many millions state money, and asking them to leave.
Last I heard from the TV, a few months ago.
I may be wrong, could be, most likely am.
Unread 09-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
donzee

Name :
donzee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksharkL82 View Post
I think you may be wrong about them leaving. C. Crist, is BUYING the land for many millions state money, and asking them to leave.
Last I heard from the TV, a few months ago.
I may be wrong, could be, most likely am.
They are leaving , but not with out a train load of our money.
Im guessing the state will hire (hopefully) a lot of the us sugar employees to help with the restoration of the farm area.
Its a shame the gov is taking over, we will probably have to import sugar from China .
As for living in the area, I had family in Moorehaven when I was growing up, they now live in Labelle, but still have a farm in Clewiston, I have many fond memories of visits there when we were kids and always loved the area.
My very small aunt was known to shoot bobcats & rattle snakes in the front yard, always a thrill when 12 yrs old
donzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Guro305
Heathen

Name :

If anything, considering how things are changing I would've thought we'd be importing sugar from Cuba. Didn't even know China had sugar.

And if they do, it probably sucks. By the time U.S. Sugar is finished and it's all a memory, I think the walls will have crumbled even further then they already begun to fall in Cuba and that's where we'll be getting our sugar from. Hey, it's the sweetest sugar in the world; Belle Glade's is second. At least the Cuban people will finally get a chance to eat.

Considering what Ike did to the island, it'll be years before it's near normal so I could see them being all over it like white on rice.