The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Great post Shadow! My faith in the youth of today is hereby restored...I thought maybe they stopped making these types of guys. Ohhhh the memories!!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
Great post Shadow! My faith in the youth of today is hereby restored...I thought maybe they stopped making these types of guys. Ohhhh the memories!!
Beepster, they still make them (the mold hasn't broken yet), and just like "back-in-the-day" the "new ones" are still keeping low profiles like the "old ones" did!
HAND SA-LUTE! to all past, present, and future service men and women!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #13
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default Sounds like a nice kid...

and even more so since he's now a SEAL!

After spending 22 years in the (F)Air Force, I have learned to appreciate all members no matter what branch (I was a Flight Engineer on the C-5 Galaxy most of my career).

Having said that, I agree every one who turns 18 should serve. Thats what Isreal does, and thats why they have a better, and 'disciplined' society than we do. This country could stand a 'slap in the face' and a large dose of reality where todays youth is concerned. These 'whiners' we're allowed to breed today need a huge 'wake up call, and need to get their act together...or this country will not survive. With a few exceptions this country is slowly
Attached Images

vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
...and just like "back-in-the-day" the "new ones" are still keeping low profiles like the "old ones" did! HAND SA-LUTE! to all past, present, and future service men and women!
Andy
You know Andy, that's a good point
When we were talking yesterday, I mentioned the bird/trident that his mother had stuck to the fridge.
He said, yeah, back in the "community" hardly anyone wears anything that identifies them as SEALS. They prefer to keep a low profile to stay out of trouble. You know, the local idiot that want's to take you one "because" you're a SEAL.
He said "I don't want to have to explain to my CO why (name witheld) laid some jerk on his ass when he tried him! (believe me, and it has little to do with his SEAL training....I've seen him fight.....I don't think he'd have any difficulty doing just that)

That said, he referred to thier teams as the "silent professionals."
They go out, train for and do thier jobs, and come home to thier families. No hoorah, no press, just get it done and get out

He's very low key about it all.

Jack....those are awesome pictures!

It's one thing to see a tank loaded into a transport. But to see a SEMI and a BLACKHAWK (correct?) coming out the nose!

Killer shots, and thanks for your service.

Thor/Beepster/Andy and all the rest of you-It was an honor to share the message with you guys....couldn't ask for a better group of friends!!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #15
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Jack....those are awesome pictures!

It's one thing to see a tank loaded into a transport. But to see a SEMI and a BLACKHAWK (correct?) coming out the nose!

Killer shots, and thanks for your service.

Thor/Beepster/Andy and all the rest of you-It was an honor to share the message with you guys....couldn't ask for a better group of friends!!
The lower of the 4 pictures does show a Blackhawk...with a refuel boom. The top pick is a MH-53 I think...can't tell much from the pic if it's PAVE Low capable or not. The 18 wheeler and M-60 tank speaks for itself.
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote