The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-18-2023, 05:34 PM   #11
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I live in Miller County Georgia and it is BIG on farming! Lots of serious tractors here. The county only has about 5000 residents but there's a John Deere dealer and a Ford dealer here along with a hospital. There is a 278 acre field full of peanuts in my backyard. It was planted in corn last year. 66,000 acres being farmed here!
Unread 07-30-2023, 11:14 PM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Still looking at tractors. Thinking that getting a cab with air conditioning would likely be a real good idea. Kind of means I need to be looking at a larger tractor though, as cabs are not real common on a sub-compact tractor. Plus only having a 24 horsepower engine might struggle with running the AC and the other stuff I would get the tractor for in the first place.

Par for the course. Nothing is as simple as I wish it would be. And tends to get more and more complicated the longer I look at it.
Unread 07-31-2023, 07:21 AM   #13
85vette

Name :

My brother loves his new Bad Boy with enclosed cab and A/C. Matter of fact he said he was going to use it for all his mowing needs and phase out the big diesel powered Zero Turn mowers over time. He has a grapple attachment too. Keeps him from having to get out to load stuff into a bucket. Never have to leave that air conditioning!
Unread 08-02-2023, 03:35 PM   #14
Rich Z

Been looking at the TYM T474HC tractor. Lee's Trailers is a dealer and he is offering one to me at pretty decent price. Little bigger than I wanted, but with my decision to get an air conditioned cab, that kind of narrowed down the field of model options quite a bit. I read somewhere that TYM makes the tractors for the Bad Boy brand.
Unread 08-04-2023, 08:40 AM   #15
85vette

Name :

Yeah, after reading a bit I see they make tractors for a lot of other companies. Reviews seem to be good though.
Unread 08-04-2023, 08:37 PM   #16
Rich Z

Was out at Lee's Trailers on Thursday and talked to the guy (Will) who seems to be the tractor guy there. Seems like a decent enough guy. He even told me that when it came time to do periodic maintenance, they would pick up my tractor and then delivery it back to me when finished. I think he may live in Crawfordville.

So I am trying to finalize the options and what sort of attachments I want to get right away with the tractor. Good chance I may be placing an order next week sometime.
Unread 08-05-2023, 09:27 AM   #17
85vette

Name :

Good information to know here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py4DFSyJV0c

You may qualify to get an agriculture discount and/or a farm tax benefit. My brother gets one but he actually has a commercial farm. (a 113 acre horse ranch actually) He deals with a Bad Boy dealer down around Ocala. I had gotten a quote from the dealer in Tallahassee but my brother was in Ocala and stopped to look at one and that dealer informed him of the discounts. The dealer in Tallahassee got really pissed off when I told him that he was buying the mower down there. I said hey, if you had told him about the discounts he would have bought from you.

I think he got $1500 off his diesel zero turn mower, I don't know what he paid for the tractor though. I'll see him in a couple weeks and I'll see what model he got and what it cost.
Unread 08-05-2023, 08:01 PM   #18
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Good information to know here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py4DFSyJV0c

You may qualify to get an agriculture discount and/or a farm tax benefit. My brother gets one but he actually has a commercial farm. (a 113 acre horse ranch actually) He deals with a Bad Boy dealer down around Ocala. I had gotten a quote from the dealer in Tallahassee but my brother was in Ocala and stopped to look at one and that dealer informed him of the discounts. The dealer in Tallahassee got really pissed off when I told him that he was buying the mower down there. I said hey, if you had told him about the discounts he would have bought from you.

I think he got $1500 off his diesel zero turn mower, I don't know what he paid for the tractor though. I'll see him in a couple weeks and I'll see what model he got and what it cost.
Yeah, I mentioned to Will that our property is zoned agricultural and we have planted pines for harvesting on it. So I will see if that gets me any sort of discount.

What Tallahassee dealer was it that got all pissed off?
Unread 08-05-2023, 08:22 PM   #19
85vette

Name :

B&T Small Engines on North Monroe. He gave me a price when I asked for a quote on their big 72 inch Cat powered diesel zero turn and my brother was willing to pay that for it but when he stopped to look at one in Ocala the dealer there knocked off $1500 and told him he could get him the tax break so he went with that dealer. So I told B&T to cancel the order if he had already placed it and he gave me a story about it was going to cost him $500 to cancel the order. He didn't have any mowers in stock to speak of so we had to order from the online catalog.

I understand that it used to be a good business to deal with but the owner died and this guy (the owners brother) took over and just saw dollar signs. I was told he ran off the old customers because he's greedy. I actually went back to get a set of new blades for that mower and he looked them up and sold me a set. I went to put them on and they wouldn't fit so I took them back to get a refund. He told me that there was going to be a 20% restocking fee because I had ordered the wrong parts. I was quick to straighten him out on that since he was the one that looked up the part number. He told me to tell my brother that he was still pissed off that he hadn't bought the mower through him. I told him that if he had told us about the discounts and tax breaks we would have.

We stopped doing business with him after that. Had some warranty claims on the mower but we took it to a dealer in Thomasville, Georgia to avoid dealing with this guy.
Unread 08-05-2023, 08:44 PM   #20
Rich Z

Sounds like a pain in the ass to deal with. I've seen others like him. Always whining and blaming their poor business decisions and attitudes on everyone else but where it belongs: The guy they see when they look in the mirror.

Never been there myself, and doubt I ever will. Lee's Trailers has a bunch of riding mowers and the like at their place if I have felt the need to buy one.

I checked that video link you sent and went to that guy's website. Seems like they really don't want customers, though, as they don't give you any options to buy from them. Or anywhere else, really They claim they have dealers, but I see only 4 or 5 of them, all located in Missouri. I checked one of the "dealers" but he seems to have his online business solely on Ebay, selling toys and T-shirts.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people go out of business for no other reason than they just don't have a lick of business sense and are completely incapable of seeing it.