The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 12-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road
Default When did you buy your first vette ?

So, how and when did you come to own your first corvette?
My husband bought his first one, a '91 coupe as part of his mid life crisis back in the early 90s. We joined the corvette club and took a trip to Key West in a caravan of 23 corvettes. I fell in love with the cars...all of them. I didn't want to be the passenger, I had to have my own. We got back to town on Sunday and Monday after work I was at the dealership and brought home a
'92 black coupe. We've been a 2 corvette family ever since. I kept the '92 as a daily driver until 2004 when I sold it to buy my current vette.
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

1976. I drove a VW bug in college and have always wanted a vette. A salesman friend of mine brought it home and asked if I wanted to take it for a spin. I never rode in a vette and I was hooked and still am. I have owned a vette ever since ,here is a picture of my first with my father who at that time was 46 I am now 7 years older than my father in that pic. Time goes by fast.
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Monday!! WOOT!!
chris308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
75survivor
SWFCC, NCCC

Name :
75survivor has disabled reputation

I ordered my 1975 Corvette convertible in November of 1974. It didn't arrive at the dealer until May 1, 1975. I still own it. It currently has 13,000 miles, and is a certified Bloomington Gold Survivor. It still has its original hoses and tires! Wanna see a picture of it? Well, it's been photographed for 5 books so far. Just check the photograph section in the back of any Corvette Black Book. That's my 1975. I took that picture myself right by the river in Ft. Myers.
75survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:02 AM   #5
2Vettes

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75survivor
I ordered my 1975 Corvette convertible in November of 1974. It didn't arrive at the dealer until May 1, 1975. I still own it. It currently has 13,000 miles, and is a certified Bloomington Gold Survivor. It still has its original hoses and tires! Wanna see a picture of it? Well, it's been photographed for 5 books so far. Just check the photograph section in the back of any Corvette Black Book. That's my 1975. I took that picture myself right by the river in Ft. Myers.
I know who you are!! Glad you stopped in. Why not go on up to the welcome room and introduce yourself to the membership?
Linda
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
2Vettes

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by naples
1976. I drove a VW bug in college and have always wanted a vette. A salesman friend of mine brought it home and asked if I wanted to take it for a spin. I never rode in a vette and I was hooked and still am. I have owned a vette ever since ,here is a picture of my first with my father who at that time was 46 I am now 7 years older than my father in that pic. Time goes by fast.
Great pic and story, Alan
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #7
2Vettes

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308
Monday!! WOOT!!
Chris, you've got the "fever"
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Posted this on Rich's "What do you do for a living?" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I've slowly had to work my way up to a Vette. I've wanted one for a long time and I'm elated that I'm finally in a position to afford one. I kinda backed into it a little though. Totalled my Camaro SS last year. The woman that I hit was at fault and her insurance paid off my car and then a little extra. They even paid the sales tax on the value of the Camaro to go towards whatever I bought. And a partial amount of repairs I had just done. USAA=great insurance.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #9
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

My 1st and only so far is a artic white 98 coupe .I have tried back in the day to purchased severals but was always shut down bye the wife. She ownly agreed to buy the vette if she could use it as a DD.That lasted about 3weeks we ended up buying her a DD for her and the Vette became Mine.
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
RushThruLife
Lemans Blue 05

Name :
RushThruLife is on a distinguished road

Well, it all started back in 2003 when the 03 Cobra Mustang came out. I bought one. But after about 20 trips to the dealer(clutch problems, trannie problems, and array of other problems), I drove to a Chevy Dealership and traded my modified Cobra(450 rwhp,485rwtg) in on a 2004 lemans blue C-5vette. I was dissapointed with the overall lack of power(even after headers,exhaust,blackwing coldair intake) the car had for the price. Then the C-6 came out and like everyone else, it took a bit to get used to the new body style. I ended up test driving a white C-6 with red interior and Auto trannie. I...I didn`t want to return it. However while I was out Test driving the white demo,I passed a truckload of brand new C-6s headed o the dealership. And would`nt you know it,they had a Lemans Blue 3LT mn6(non Z51) on the truck that was not spoken for. Well, I drove it home that night.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...e/P1010006.jpg
RushThruLife is offline   Reply With Quote