The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 10-28-2006, 10:22 AM   #21
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road

For OEM-like quality and no drone, go with the Callaway Honker CAI and a Corsa catback. You can get the Corsas in various models and loudness levels. It helps if you decide up front if you want headers or not. If you do, or think you do, then perhaps get one of the quieter Corsa models. Headers + a loud catback can equal pretty loud. OTOH, if you get one of the quiet Corsas and keep stock manifolds, it's not very different from stock, so then you might look at a louder Corsa.

I'm not up on C6 headers, look in the C6 forum on CorvetteForum.com for lots of views. Based on who makes good C5 stuff, I'd be looking at LG Motorsports and American Racing.

You might want to attend one or more of the cruises or shows and hear and see some other cars with similar mods. That can be especially helpful when choosing an exhaust. It's a fairly expensive purchase and you want to be happy with the sound.
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

You may want to check out this post I made a while back comparing the sound from my stock Z06 to after I had LGM Pro LT headers and X-pipe with high flo cats. -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...hread.php?t=34

I retained the stock titanium mufflers with the headers and it gave a rather pleasing tone to the exhaust. No drone whatsoever within the car.

I have a video on the camera of my car with the STS twin turbos, but haven't downloaded it and massaged it into shape yet.

The drone inside the car with the twins is pretty loud.

Anyway, if you can try to figure out long haul what you might want to have done with your car for later power mods. If you decide on twin turbos, you will basically have wasted your money on the headers.
Unread 10-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #23
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default hmmm.. vids not working or is it my puter?

I can't get the vids to play for some reason.
Tried twice to no avail.
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #24
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Try clicking the start button twice. For some reason you need to do that to start the video.....
Unread 10-28-2006, 10:49 PM   #25
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Wow! Active thread with alot of great advice! All shops mentioned are good ones as well. Not much I can add but to recomend you stop in or at least give us a call, www.RevXtreme.com, and look at any of the projects we now have in the shop. Covers everything from nitros, heads/cam, single turbo, dual turbos, super charged, etc. Your welcome to test drive a shop car w/mild heads-cam (stock heads ported & not to wild of a cam) and discuss your options. I do have to agree that a 100 shot dry kit is extremely safe & we have refills not far from where you live.
RevXtreme 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #26
USA-1

Name :
USA-1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1
Your welcome to test drive a shop car w/mild heads-cam (stock heads ported & not to wild of a cam) and discuss your options.
I have no-doubt of Tracy's sincerity in ths offer:
after having just met me 3 hours earlier this past Saturday at the RevXtreme Corvette Challenge bracket-racing series he sponsors at Bradenton Motorsports Park, and seeing how inconsistent (typical of the breed ) and uncompetitive my '82 Cross-Fire is at the track, he graciously offered me the use of his car to compete in future races, which I humbly declined.
Unread 11-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #27
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

I'm beginning to think RevXtreme is Top Notch.
I sent them a pm just the other day, concerning a 1986 Mustang I have.
I was considering replacing the engine and various other engine parts, and then giving the car to my son for graduation.
They advised me that while they would do this for me, and didn't want to turn business away, it may actually be less expensive to just buy something in comparison of the net .

My first thought was WOW!
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #28
ZoomZ
Fuel Slut

Name :
ZoomZ is on a distinguished road

I wanted 800+ rwhp so I decided to go with nitrous because i didnt want to drive around in a 800 hp car every day .

I drive my car every day and on motor it makes 500 whp which will take care of 99.5% of the cars i might come across from day to day .

Every now and then i will run across another hyper fast car , then i just reach back and open both bottles and with the click of a switch or 2 i can jump to 650 and 800 whp at over 1000 rwtq , putting bus lengths on the
the compitition in the blink of an eye ,then turn off the bottles and go back to driving my happy little corvette home .

You talk of 100 hp in an automatic and not lose torque ,, nitrous will turn your car into a torque monster with the flick of a switch .
My car made 220 ft lbs tq on a 100 shot and rocking the car to over 600 whp and 820 rwtq

On your stock LS2 motor you can safely spray a 100 shot all day long and not hurt anything and it MIGHT cost you 1000 dollars WITH a wideband .

I added this comment because im sure you dont want to be slow like most
S/c or turbo guys are

Iron 408 , Callies crank , Diamond Nitrous Pistons , Lunati Pro Billet Rods , AFR 225's ,All ARP , 238/242 , 11.8:1 , FLP Stage5 tranny , Kevlar 5 disk 3600tq , N/x 2 stage 350 ,PLX wideband ,90mm Fast intake/tb .
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 04:01 PM   #29
ZoomZ
Fuel Slut

Name :
ZoomZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I'm beginning to think RevXtreme is Top Notch.
I sent them a pm just the other day, concerning a 1986 Mustang I have.
I was considering replacing the engine and various other engine parts, and then giving the car to my son for graduation.
They advised me that while they would do this for me, and didn't want to turn business away, it may actually be less expensive to just buy something in comparison of the net .

My first thought was WOW!
Ive heard nothing but good comments about RevXtreme .

Have them throw a 100 shot kit on your car and if for some reason
you dont like the power and torque , sell the kit for almost what you paid for it .

Im sure they can install a kit with a wideband for under 1k .

Iron 408 , Callies crank , Diamond Nitrous Pistons , Lunati Pro Billet Rods , AFR 225's ,All ARP , 238/242 , 11.8:1 , FLP Stage5 tranny , Kevlar 5 disk 3600tq , N/x 2 stage 350 ,PLX wideband ,90mm Fast intake/tb .
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #30
06c6corvette

Name :
06c6corvette has disabled reputation
Default 100 hp

Ray have you thought about a maggie its a true 100+ at the rear wheels in my case before the charger i had 354 hp at the rear and after i have 456 hp at the rear wheels and the cost may be a little cheaper than the twin turbo's.
7200.00 parts and labor at next level performance Orlando F.l. go for the gusto Mike.
06c6corvette is offline   Reply With Quote