The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 12-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Gannet

Name :
Gannet is on a distinguished road
Default [TAMPA BAY] New Year's Day cruise to Gator Hammock Wild Pig & Pepper Jam!

Who is interested in joining us for a New Year's Day cruise to the 7th Annual Gator Hammock Wild Pig & Pepper Jam? This event is held in Felda, Florida, which is about 150 miles away.

The event is a prestigious professional-level BBQ festival and competition. Don't tell me you don't love good 'cue! The location is a tiny town right on the edge of the Everglades, which seems wholly appropriate. Gates open to the public at 11:00 AM.

See these links for more info:

http://www.gatorhammock.com/pigroast...roast2007.html
http://www.gatorhammock.com/pigroast2007/schedule.html

We can get there via a straight cruise down I-75 in about 2 hours. Or we can take some great back roads and get there in three hours. The wife and I are definitely going, unless the weather stinks. If others want to join in, please let me know. We can meet at the usual TBV cruise meeting place at Office Depot, behind the Hooter's in Brandon. We will leave no later than 9 AM.

We can take the freeway or back way depending on what folks want. Please express your preference in this thread. If it's just me, I'm almost certainly taking the back roads.

Google map to Felda.
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...m=1&iwloc=addr

Google map to meeting place.
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en...m=1&iwloc=addr

Thanks to als2052 for the heads up, in this thread.

Let me know if you want to go!
BC3/Quicktime/DSS/Pfadt/Carbotech/Quantum/Muffler Mod/PS2 ZPs, Atomic Orange, Dark Titanium 3LZ, Q8A.
Gannet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

This sounds like a neat trip...weather permitting. I always expect the worst on I75 this time of year, maybe there is an interesting back road route. Count us in! Let's see how many others we get from TB and then we can decide a route
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
Gannet

Name :

I already have a back road route mapped out. I love my Streets & Trips software. It's the same distance, but of course will take longer on the back roads.

And yes, this whole thing is weather permitting. I don't mind a little drizzle, but I'm not standing around in the rain.
Unread 12-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

Man i would love to attend, i never been to a BBQ fest before. Unfortunately i will be working new years day.
Unread 12-24-2006, 04:33 PM   #5
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

There's some conversation about this here also:http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ead.php?t=1512

I know we're planning to go. Rich427 is also and I'm sure some of our club will make it. Should be fun!
Unread 12-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #6
2Vettes

Name :

Are there many of the Tampa folks planning to come to this event? We should have some reserved parking but they would like a head (vette) count.
Unread 12-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Count us in from TB!
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
Gannet

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Vettes
Are there many of the Tampa folks planning to come to this event? We should have some reserved parking but they would like a head (vette) count.
My guesstimate, and it is only that, would be 3-6 cars. There have been a few responses to the various posts, but not many. thebeepster's, above, is the only firm one I have, other than myself. OTOH, there are often folks who see Internet postings and just show up.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast as of this morning doesn't look too good. I take heart in the fact that this far out they are usually wrong. We'll see.
Unread 12-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
2Vettes

Name :

Thanks Dave
We've had our eye on the weather, too. Hopefully, the forcast will change and bring us a sunny day. I agree about folks showing up. We've done enough events to know any # doesn't really mean anything. I'm thinking 10-15 total cars would probably be a fair number, and that depends on mother nature. We'll keep following up and see what happens
Unread 12-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #10
2Vettes

Name :

The folks at the event that have the places for us to park would like us there about 1130. Also, if you are interested you are encouraged to bring some canned goods for the Harry Chapin Food Bank. I didn't think that would be a problem...we love to donate to good causes!

For further plans re: meeting places please follow the thread at :http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ead.php?t=1512

I'll try to keep it current here, too.