The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 06-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #81
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I am registered as a democrat for reasons I won't go into (Shadow probably knows) but I vote republican about 99 percent of the time.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #82
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I am registered as a democrat for reasons I won't go into (Shadow probably knows) but I vote republican about 99 percent of the time.
Ah, a Dixiecrat. Never understood that.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #83
gunnerrun

Name :
gunnerrun has disabled reputation
Default Expensive

Oh how I long for the past days in MT where the speeding fine was $5.00 for failure to conserve energy. I once had a warning ticket for 90 in 50. I saved it for years. Wish now I'd framed it. There was a basic rule where tickets were usually issued as a warning if there was no recklessness involved and the speed was under 90. I knew of guys that were caught in excess of 120 and had warnings and also depending on circumstances tickets generating fines for the same 120ish speeds. Like all good old days, they're gone.

I'll be slowing down after reading this thread. The fines here in FL have the potential to be beyond outrageous given so much of traffic enforcement is unfortunately a revenue issue. No offense to the LEOs here, the've a tough job to do. When the need for speed strikes I'll be a lot more careful about when and where. The thought of contributing to the coffers of the legislature another small fortune they'll spend like drunken sailors; sorry no insult intended to drunken sailors, is equally unappealing.

Regardless of the forum there is no shortage of opinions. Express yours. Have fun but don't expect to be agreed with.

The democrats have some good ideas and so do the republicans but both have some very bad ones also. The people of this country had better wake up. Independent here.

Last edited by gunnerrun; 06-20-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: cut and paste error
gunnerrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #84
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I was a registered Democrat, then switched when I became embarrased at Al Gore's temper tantrums over the recounts. But realistically Democrats and Republicans are just different sides to the same coin lately. We're really not given any REAL choices in who we pick for office. We might as well be asked which Disney character would make the best president.
Unread 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #85
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I'd have to vote for Foghorn Leghorn myself! "Now son, just what is that yer gettin yerself into theah? Don't you know bettah than to go messin with them theah Iranians? What's wrong with you, boy?"
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #86
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
But realistically Democrats and Republicans are just different sides to the same coin lately. We're really not given any REAL choices in who we pick for office. We might as well be asked which Disney character would make the best president.
Pretty much, you are voting for the lesser of two evils.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote