The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 07-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation
Default Getting discusted with Nascar

I watched about a half hour of the pepsi 400 at a local bar with friends.I suddenly realized how disgusted I really was.
At louden all the cheating crew chiefs went to the race
Jr.joins Hendricks
Gibbs may go Toyota
All the cars will be pretty much from the same mold COT.
I left the bar after my driver acting like a two year old takes out his own teammate.
I think NASCAR is going to implode on it's self .
Gave up on baseball when they went on strike.Maybe it's time to move on again.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Yeah well Fat Boy,I've been disgusted with NASCAR as soon as it became a Big Money Racket!!I'd just as soon see a Good Hydro Race!!
gmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

It started falling apart in the late 70's, early 80's. Back in the 60's they would get a car from Detroit, throw the hubcaps away, put a roll cage in it, and go racing. Those were the last of the real "stock cars". Too bad they don't do that anymore.
You didn't have all the crybabys out there that you have now. If two drivers had a problem with each other, they didn't get on TV and whine about it, do ya hear me Tony? Did you see that? Tony runs into the back of Hamlin and blames HAMLIN for it! Hamlin was doing all he could and Tony thinks he should have parked it! What Tony was trying to do (as he has done in the past) was tap him enough to turn him into the infield, but it blew up on him when Hamlin's car came back up the track and took him out too. Then he has the nerve to say "what did he expect everyone to do, drive around him?" Well, YEA, that IS what your supposed to do. Tony deserves to be put in a Toyota! Tony needs to wake up and realize he ain't Dale SR.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
00 NBFRC

Name :
00 NBFRC has disabled reputation

They said they would only run 3 commercials per hour because of the cable company laws. What about all those picture in a picture commercials?

They cheated.

Nascar at Daytona is a joke. I used to work there as an usher on race day because I refused to pay $100+ for a ticket. I lost interest in the sport soon after Dale Sr. died.
Finally sold my stock in ISC last month. I had it since 1992. At one time there was a 15-1 stock split, but since then nothing. The France family is very greedy IMO.
Time to move on. Endurance racing is better. 24 or 12 hour racing or Petite Lemans at the road course in Atlanta.
00 NBFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I must agree. We watched part of the race yesterday and I commented I'm becoming more and more disinterested. NASCAR's changing and I don't think it's for the better. The car of tomorrow has turned me off and I think this is the turning point for me. IROC was one thing. A few races a year where all was equal except for the driver, but I don't know about every race. And, the car of tomorrow is ugly...I don't know, I'm trying to hang in there but I can't remember the last time I planted myself in the lounger and actually watched a full race. Help me out here, what am I missing??
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #6
00 NBFRC

Name :
00 NBFRC has disabled reputation

When I want to take a nap on Sunday afternoon, this is the good thing to turn on the tv. Most times, I usually wake up by the last 20 laps. But anymore, isnt that the way it is with almost all the pro sports?

Thank God for college football!
00 NBFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #7
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default I can...

Honestly say I never watched a race!
I never got into it.. not my "thing" I guess.
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #8
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I've been watching Nascar races since the early 60's, I remember seeing Tiny Lund win in 63 as a substitute driver. I do not like the COT and it sure appears that Winston er Nextel Cup racing is no longer a level playing field, after all it's a new century and the only thing that matters anymore, no matter what field, is the money. Very sad

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 NBFRC
Time to move on. Endurance racing is better. 24 or 12 hour racing or Petite Le mans at the road course in Atlanta.

Hear Hear! The ALMS is awesome! Too bad they are going the way of NASCAR and giving "reward weight" which hurts the Vettes. Then when they don't handicap the Vettes enough the Aston Martin CRYBABIES pull out of the series. What ever happened to just making the cut or going home? When did everything have to be so damned equal and politically correct FAIR?
As far as NASCAR I'm on my last straw with them. I can't stand the current rules and the COT. I also gotta throw one in for the AZZHAT Montoya who took Harvick out of the race Early in the going, not even half way and he's pushing it waaaay too far. He does some bonehead stupid move which causes him to get loose and slide up into Harvick and put him into the wall, effectively ruining a contender car. Then Montoya just trucks on ahead. Last time I saw Harvick was in like 37th place while Jerktoya was in 24th. I shut it off and went to a friends house to watch UFC fighting.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

I was having a great time watching the race and listening to trackpass with my laptop and headphones....till Juantoya put my driver in the wall....should have heard what Kevin said on his radio...
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote