The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 12-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #71
329of1k

Name :
329of1k has disabled reputation

Uuuuummmm...I thought we were talking about cars and such here.
Grand Sport #329
Valrico, FL
329of1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 01:14 AM   #72
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalenss View Post
looks like a bitch fest here
Maybe so.... but it won't continue for very long.......
Unread 12-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #73
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Yeah you know our country/government is so awesome with all its great wisdom and technology going against a country that hardly had running water, annnd we still cant find the man we originally were after. Theyve kept us their long enough to make us the fools. There is more people overseas willing to kill us, then there are enough people in this country with no balls to stand up for themselves(all the antigun ppl), may sound farfetched, but in all reason its still fetchable( i know this isnt a word prof. but im making a point).

Im not picking on DVD(Ive put him on ignore, but when ppl quote him I cant see how someone made it through school with that kind of grammar), it was a direct comment to you. You try to be witty about someones grammar on a forum(remember this isnt class), which my comment should have stood out like a sore thumb, but you had to make a comment about a typo(oooh noes). To me it shows youre running out of words, or quitting early like Harbor did.

A ficticious story book, just like our bible ? Thats why I never followed religion, I'm not gonna base my life from something written over 2k years ago, times have changed. Unfortunately people over in the Mid. East are easily brain washed, and are willing to die for their virgins(sadly their book didnt clarify male or female, so I'm sorry for them).

Z, he waste his time here for entertainment, and to write pen pal comments to his little buddy.
LS2POWA,

.In your quote you say, or quitting early like Harbor did. I do not quit at anything I find justifiable cause to consume my time and efforts.
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #74
Harbor Master

Name :
Harbor Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2POWA View Post
Yeah you know our country/government is so awesome with all its great wisdom and technology going against a country that hardly had running water, annnd we still cant find the man we originally were after. Theyve kept us their long enough to make us the fools. There is more people overseas willing to kill us, then there are enough people in this country with no balls to stand up for themselves(all the antigun ppl), may sound farfetched, but in all reason its still fetchable( i know this isnt a word prof. but im making a point).

Im not picking on DVD(Ive put him on ignore, but when ppl quote him I cant see how someone made it through school with that kind of grammar), it was a direct comment to you. You try to be witty about someones grammar on a forum(remember this isnt class), which my comment should have stood out like a sore thumb, but you had to make a comment about a typo(oooh noes). To me it shows youre running out of words, or quitting early like Harbor did.

A ficticious story book, just like our bible ? Thats why I never followed religion, I'm not gonna base my life from something written over 2k years ago, times have changed. Unfortunately people over in the Mid. East are easily brain washed, and are willing to die for their virgins(sadly their book didnt clarify male or female, so I'm sorry for them).

Z, he waste his time here for entertainment, and to write pen pal comments to his little buddy.
LS2POWA, In your quote you say, or quitting early like harbor did. I do no quit at things that justify my time and efforts. There are times you must disengage and evaluate if it is an intelligent decision to resume the discussion. In this particular case I found no rational reason to spend anymore energy.

To BigKen and shalenss, HUTCH
Harbor Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #75
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Ok boys and girls. The North v. South, East v. West war is over!

If this isn't the place for you then that's ok too, but in true southern style, ya'll are welcome here anytime

We're not the Big 3-4 sites, just a Florida based family site full of Corvette enthusiasts

That said, it's time to stop the name calling and finger pointing and get back to the thread topic...the Big 3 bailout.

Now that they've gotten thier money, what do you think they'll do with it? Will it really make a difference? Already there are still plans to close plants, they just annoounced layoffs of workers yesterday and there's still a planned stoppage of production for the coming months.

Not that any of these things are necessarily bad in the long run, but everyone seemed to think this money would prevent job losses....your thoughts please and please stay on topic or we'll have to shut it down and start over.

Thanks,

management

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #76
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think they need to make full disclosure on how OUR money was spent. Down to the very last dime. They may have just allocated most of it for fat bonus checks and mega golden umbrellas for the top fat cats and just fold up anyway.

Has ANYONE talked to anyone at all who WANTED the bailout to happen? I certainly didn't! Every single person who I talked to where this topic came up did NOT want it to happen.
Unread 12-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #77
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I'm afraid their accountability will be no better than the banks...and all I hear at this point is that they don't want to discuss it with the media reporters who have simply inquired as to how much of their portion of the bailout money have they spent/how much is left. I'm afraid we have given the auto industry billions of dollars to sell 5 million dollars worth of jets. Damn the UAW, pay the workers a livable wage (what they're getting right now should do nicely)and forget the benefits until they get back in the black. I would much rather know I have a job and can pay my bills than get the boot because the union is holding out for something the auto makers can't pay for. I think the union had it's place a long time ago, but it has gotten bigger than what it can sustain today.

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #78
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTBRAX View Post
If everything goes according to my master plan...the whole cult drinks the kool-aid and we all go down in infamy...and I win. Do you wanna lead the way?
Funny! Jim Jones' cult was actually drinking Flavor-aid, not Kool-aid. Poor Kool-aid. I guess bad publicity is better then none. Merry Christmas.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #79
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTBRAX View Post
If we stopped bombing countries because we dont agree with thier style of government, or thier religeon, or whatever...maybe we, as a country, would again be looked upon as the model nation to which others would aspire to be.

Z, Im not even gonna waste more than this bit of space on your response...

Im not a homosexual...your sister would vouch for that...thank you for your contribution to my financial well being
Nope, we need to bomb them more. None of this pussy fear of "collateral damage". Then we don't have any more enemies left! See, violence is a viable solution to any solution!

Anyway, it's a joke. If you were really here just for your own entertainment then you wouldn't have taken it so seriously.

But back on topic, I talked to two people who liked the idea of the bailout. They both work at GM. And one was a Canadian. But it's okay, the CEO's will get massive bailouts, just as with the banking industry. So let's all just put on a happy face and rejoice in the knowledge that we have kept dozens of CEOs from losing their livelihood. We're so totally ****ed, but they will be okay.
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #80
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaZ View Post
But back on topic, I talked to two people who liked the idea of the bailout. They both work at GM. And one was a Canadian. But it's okay, the CEO's will get massive bailouts, just as with the banking industry. So let's all just put on a happy face and rejoice in the knowledge that we have kept dozens of CEOs from losing their livelihood. We're so totally ****ed, but they will be okay.
Well said good buddy!

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote