The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

IMO, what makes THIS board better than others, is the fact that we DON'T rush to punish or threaten our members. That the Benefit of the Doubt is given Before actions are taken.

We ALL see what's going on in dvd's posts and threads and rest assured, there have been discreet attempts to talk with dvd (as Jim stated in his post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Thank god some others are finally catching on. I called the guy out a few weeks ago and got hell from Rich Z or whoever and some other folks. Finally others see the light!

Useless replies, posts, bringing up of year old threads with a useless reply. . . ****ty punctuation as well!
As far as the claims in this post (above)... I did a search, and no where did I find where RichZ or anyone else for that matter, gave you "Hell".

Seriously though...Z06 Rocket nailed it by Utilizing a function on this board, that was provided for situations like this..the ignore list.

Honestly...it's as easy as this...Go to and click on user cp, scroll down to the bottom of that page where it says buddy/ignore list and click.
The page that'll pop up has two separate areas you can utilize.
The First is the buddy list and the Second is the Ignore list.
Type in the name you wish to add as a buddy or type in the name you want to ignore..then save it.
If you chose to ignore someone...From that point on..you'll see that they posted but, NOT what they said.

Btw, sorry for the edits.
~Ray
Unread 09-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #12
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Dick and LS2POWA, I sat back awhile and hoped the guy would shape up or float away. When that didn't happen I got a bit tired of it and used the "Ignore" feature in the Ignore/Buddy lists. By putting him in the "Ignore" column I see a small line saying that he posted in a thread where the post would normally go but I don't have to read the nonsense anymore. I can post my own comment or reply to the thread right after his blocked reply without having to know what came out of his keyboard. If curiosity gets the best of you (some people like to watch a train wreck every once in awhile) then you can choose to click on a single link to "view that post". I have not used it and don't imagine I will because the drunk Yoda-ism's are gone now (like a bad rash). I only wish I could turn off the voice of annoying people in real life too......
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #13
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
I only wish I could turn off the voice of annoying people in real life too......
That would be an awesome ability to have.
Unread 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #14
dvdcta

Name :
dvdcta has disabled reputation

yeah it just went away!
dvdcta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #15
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

I like that ignore feature.

I still think hes a troll. What kinda of gangsta typing yuppie claims to have a vette, with 3 nitrous bottles(2 10# and a 5#..i believe), and doesnt post pictures of it?

And is it soooo hard to hit the spell check button? Or is it hard to comprehend corrected engrish?
Unread 09-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #16
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Please...Let's ALL try and remain Civil towards our members.
Unread 09-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #17
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

One of the things that sets us apart from all the other forums and in a way, maybe takes us a notch above, is the fact that we all seem to get along pretty well.
Even with the disagreements that will arise from time to time, we still manage to remain civil to one another

That and we don't take irrational actions against a member simply because they have trouble with thier computer skills, or don't necessarily "fit the mold" at times.

Some of our common ground?

1) We're all in one shape or another Floridians (transplants or otherwise)
2) We're all vette owners or (as in my current case) "enthusiasts."
3) Many of us have actually met one another along the way...or will

BTW, I've had the pleasure and opportunity to speak personally with our new member. Lets not make assumptions that we can't support ok?

Thanks folks

Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #18
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

One of the things that sets us apart from all the other forums and in a way, maybe takes us a notch above, is the fact that we all seem to get along pretty well.
Even with the disagreements that will arise from time to time, we still manage to remain civil to one another

That and we don't take irrational actions against a member simply because they have trouble with thier computer skills, or don't necessarily "fit the mold" at times.

Some of our common ground?

1) We're all in one shape or another Floridians (transplants or otherwise)
2) We're all vette owners or (as in my current case) "enthusiasts."
3) Many of us have actually met one another along the way...or will

BTW, I've had the pleasure and opportunity to speak personally with our new member. Lets not make assumptions that we can't support ok?

Thanks folks

Gordon
Well said, mt friend.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #19
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I've had the pleasure and opportunity to speak personally with our new member. Lets not make assumptions that we can't support ok?
Gordon

I don't know about assumptions, a vast majority, if not 95% of his posts are not Vette related, you can't make sense out of his posts they are just ramblings and I'm not talking about grammar or punctuation. I don't see any benefit in the ancient threads he brings back to the surface.
Maybe one is to believe to is already a member is is doing this as a prank.
I've seen a very knowable member leave this forum over people's one and only post being to sell something.
I saw another active member leave because his post was moved to an area he felt it wouldn't get it's do.
I just hope all the defending this character gets, doesn't drive anyone else away, since many have started blocking his junk.
Maybe there should be a feature so he can send his ramblings to the , and I'll go on a limb and say, minority of members eager to read them
Unread 09-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #20
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Fair enough.

But let's think about this a minute.. Let's say 10 members here don't care for the manner in which dvdcta posts on this site and demand I ban him or they leave. Would that be sufficient incentive to do so? And continuing with that train of thought, if 10 members then decided that they don't like the way YOU post, and threaten to leave if I don't ban YOU, should I capitulate as well?