The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 07-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah7155
I was having a great time watching the race and listening to trackpass with my laptop and headphones....till Juantoya put my driver in the wall....should have heard what Kevin said on his radio...
Well, go ahead Bekah, we are all adults here! You can relay it for us!

I can understand the safety issues that NASCAR is trying to implement with the COT. But give me a break, these cars don't look like anything that I have seen on a showroom floor lately. If you ask me, if the Yugo was still around and they had enough money to throw at NASCAR, they would have a COT also, and we would not be able to tell the difference between that an Impala, Fusion or Camary, from the TV screen. This is where I really have a problem. There is no brand identification anymore other than a bow tie slapped somewhere or a blue oval hung somewhere else! At least with road racing, I can tell a Porsche from a Corvette from an Audi from a Cadillac!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

haha I just love it when you get to hear your favorite drivers swear
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #13
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah7155
haha I just love it when you get to hear your favorite drivers swear
So you think he's talkin' dirty to ya' Rebekah.

So if I give up Nascar watchin' what are we going to watch on TV when I move to Tampa area.I know your husband's a chef so it'll be the cooking channel ?
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #14
00 NBFRC

Name :
00 NBFRC has disabled reputation

Too bad for the France family. They have been through alot lately.
00 NBFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:55 AM   #15
88vert

Name :
88vert has disabled reputation

NASCAR is so far away from stock car racing that it is a joke. Most fans today do not even know what stock car racing is about.Back when it started and up through the 70's and maybe the early 80's you could go to the dealer and buy a car, take it home put a roll cage in it and you were ready to go.That was STOCK CAR racing. This is a joke today. What galls me more than anything is the unneeded cautions so that every one can get caught up!
88vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #16
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

well today's stock car racing may be a joke for people who watched it when I was a baby in the 70's but for me it's the only Nascar I know.
I may get aggravated with it but it's still my #1 sport to watch and see live.
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #17
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'll admit I watched Watkins Glen ,and that was great racin' no matter who won.(my driver did)
I wish I could have been there with ya Rebekah and your husband watching it.Even though your TV is a little small.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #18
88vert

Name :
88vert has disabled reputation

Don't get me wrong, I still watch it if there is no football on. Years ago I did not leave the chair from begining to end except to get a beer.Now if there is football that is it for me.I think it is Sunshine network that has classic nascar on tuesday night at 8:00 p.m. If you get a chance watch that you will see some real racing! they have interviews with the king, Bobby Allison, and many others. My granfather ran a bulldozer when they built Daytona, I was just a kid but used to go over there and ride with him for hours. I met Bill france when I was there, and many years later I was over there on a Sunday morning just walking around and he was there.He remembered me after all those years,I think that was about 1987-88 in there somewhere, he was quite a man. 88 VERT
88vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #19
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Yea, and if you get the SPEED CHANNEL look for "Back in the Day" with Dale Jr. It's about NASCAR races from the 60's and 70's. They didn't have as many cameras all around the track back then, but you can still see the action. It wasn't all high-tech back then, just raw horsepower!
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2007, 12:58 AM   #20
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

NASCAR my ASSCAR, When they wimped-out and changed from Winston Cup to to a cell phone cup I stopped answering the phone. Let it go to voice mail, I will check it tomorrow on ESPN, or rewind it on ESPN2.

In my humble opinion the only thing the COT brings is loads of cash from Tokyo. Homogenize the Chariots, castrate the horses, and all the gladiators are reduced to stable boys. The papparatzi and the vendors all hawking to exploit the venerated to the vunerable. No pocket left unturned, no coin unspent.

Long gone are the Champions, the men of endurance that fought their way around every lap, challenged every corner to the breaking point, pushed their cars only slightly harder than they pushed themselves.

When there was only one team, this team, this car.

That's when it was NASCAR !

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote