The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 01-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #21
tls630

Name :
tls630 has disabled reputation

She sounds illiterate to me .. In other words just plain stupid!
tls630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
That's a start. Are you helping to make a difference? I'm sure you are but people have to realize it's a 2 step process.

1. Wake up
2. Vote
I don't need to make a difference to adults, it’s not up to me to impose my values and beliefs on other people. Like I said, I have been awake and making plans and taking notes. I make a difference every day I am in the classroom, teaching high school kids to become better readers and coaching basketball to players who do not realize I am teaching life lessons.

As far as voting, it makes no difference who is in there, everything comes and goes in cycles. Voting for president is a waste of time, it’s all in the delegates any ways, our founding fathers did not trust our judgment.

My number one job in this life right now is to take care of me and my family. I worry about what I can control, which are my actions. My decisions directly impact the well being of my family.

I got two choices, stay out in front of things and be proactive, or get left behind and be at the mercy of others. In life sometimes you are the bug and sometimes you are the windshield. I try to be the windshield as much as possible.

Having been a history teacher I have the advantage of seeing things evolve long before they become a problem. (There is a little story about Rockefeller and the shoe shine boy back before the great depression began that helped me see where we we're headed) I had a buyer for my house in Hillsborough at a price I knew would never happen again, so I got out. Moved to north Pasco and started reducing debt and cutting back long before things went south.

Hillsborough house taxes 2100
Pasco house taxes 300
Hillsborough house ins. 2200
Pasco house ins 700
Hillsborough water bill 120
Pasco water bill 0
Hillsborough car ins. 1600
Pasco car ins 475

Credit cards 0
debt payments - vette, 10 months left, Wife’s car, paid in full june 2011,
House paid in full 2016 and debt free.

I have half an acre zoned agricultural and can do basically whatever I want to do. I love it. This is where I plan to retire at in 26 years. So if for some reason social security is gone, I have 20 years to invest most of my salary for retirement since I will have no debts and my pension. Already researching solar power so I can tell the electric company to take a hike.

I don't care what the dems do, what the republicans do, what the conservatives do or anyone else for that matter. I care what I do and what my family does. That I can control.

Can any of the current elected officials cite the cost of a gallon of milk, gallon of gas or a loaf of bread today? I doubt it.

No offense but what I think and how I think it should be done are irrelevant, always has been that way and always will be, regadless of whom is in office or control. My job is to make the best of whatever the situation is for me and mine.

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM   #23
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradzvette View Post
I don't need to make a difference to adults, it’s not up to me to impose my values and beliefs on other people. Like I said, I have been awake and making plans and taking notes. I make a difference every day I am in the classroom, teaching high school kids to become better readers and coaching basketball to players who do not realize I am teaching life lessons.

As far as voting, it makes no difference who is in there, everything comes and goes in cycles. Voting for president is a waste of time, it’s all in the delegates any ways, our founding fathers did not trust our judgment.
You do make a difference with everyone you come in contact with and with your students. A good teacher can really make a huge difference in a young persons life. Good or bad.

Your views about voting is absolutely wrong. We need a balance of power, not right or left. We need our reps to hear our voices. Voting allows us to express support or preference for a certain candidate or party. Voting is our Constitutional Right.

By not voting you are allowing it to be no longer the will of the majority that governs this country, but rather, the will of the minority.

Nothing personal intended or implied.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #24
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

Agreed...but my recurring nightmare is the fact that the very regime we are complaining about in this thread was duly elected by the MAJORITY. That is the biggest heartbreak of all. As Brad suggested, our founding fathers did not trust us to make the right decisions (hence, the check and balance) and we are witnessing the perfect example of why at this moment. I only hope that the few of us (minority) who share this ideaology can wake up enough of the others to make a difference...
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

If the government REALLY wants to see what we think during an election, then give us a NONE OF THE ABOVE vote and watch the sparks fly. That would tell them pretty succinctly that we don't like ANY of the choices we are presented with, so go back to the drawing board and start over.

Quite frankly, at this last presidential election, I felt dirty when I came out of the voting booth. I didn't want the person I voted for to win, but I wanted less the one I voted against. Sorry, I just am not going to do that again. If I am not presented with someone I REALLY want to be in office, I'm just not going to vote for the lesser of two evils. Matter of fact, I may just vote on a write-in of "NOTA", just to make a point.
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:17 PM   #26
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeepster View Post
Agreed...but my recurring nightmare is the fact that the very regime we are complaining about in this thread was duly elected by the MAJORITY. That is the biggest heartbreak of all. As Brad suggested, our founding fathers did not trust us to make the right decisions (hence, the check and balance) and we are witnessing the perfect example of why at this moment. I only hope that the few of us (minority) who share this ideaology can wake up enough of the others to make a difference...
The majority was duped. Transparency and jobs. That's what he said. He ignored his promises and spent the year working on HIS health care plan. Pelosi says we're ignorant and trouble makers. Frank said Fannie and Freddie are in good shape. I could go on for hours. DUPED is the key word here.
Unread 01-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #27
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If the government REALLY wants to see what we think during an election, then give us a NONE OF THE ABOVE vote and watch the sparks fly.
We have that option. Vote Libertarian. I just can't force myself to do that because like you I don't like either choice but I'm actually voting for what I feel is the lesser of two evils. I feel voting Libertarian is a wasted vote.
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #28
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
Voting is our Constitutional Right.
........and so is not voting.

And the exact reason I DO NOT state my political beliefs is that it always winds up in the end with insults and name calling directed at me. Most of my philosophies do not fall in line with those of you here, so I keep my mouth shut.

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #29
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:

And the exact reason I DO NOT state my political beliefs is that it always winds up in the end with insults and name calling directed at me. Most of my philosophies do not fall in line with those of you here, so I keep my mouth shut.

Cheers
While I disagree with your philosophies Brad I do not believe insults and name calling add anything to a discussion. I tried Yellow Bullet after Comp+ dropped their political forum. I tried to be very selective and avoid threads that were nothing but pissing contests. I gave up.
Unread 01-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #30
quasar05

Name :
quasar05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Cheers
I spent 30 years in K-12 as a technolgy director, where I was in the minority with my beliefs. I'm more Libertarian in my beliefs because I think less government is a good thing. In Georgia, we were able to declare our party affiliation when we arrived at the polls during the primary. I liked that. I was able to vote against certain people that were part of the party that I felt were the biggest problem, collectively. Here, we have to declare up front. Not thrilled with that.

/OO corvette OO\
~~~~wave~~~~
quasar05 is offline   Reply With Quote