The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 10-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough
Default Bullies at school

I figured I would rant here, My little girl is the tallest in her class, in the whole second and 3rd grade also, But this little boy was picking on her and hitting her, Bingo I found out he is a tenant of my fathers, and that was settled.
Now three more have came along and are pushing her around! I just want to know, why the biggest kid in gets messed with, she is a bookworm and is there to read so Im guessing that is why, But I'm tired of trying to end it.

here is a photo - she has the dark blonde/brown hair She is ducking in this photo to match Eva (they are same age) and she and I wear the same shoe size (my mom is 6'1" for the people that know how short Iam)

Im tring to convince her she needs to push back and not let them step on her, But she is scared. School isnt really helping out, and she just crys all day,Its really sad

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

I'm serious (rare) think about Karate classes.Great moral booster.Two things I can't stand a Women crying or a upset child.
Lizzie (my dog) read this and she's even upset.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :

I've been in Mixed marital arts since I was 6 (Have a second Dan in TaeKwonDo and the arthritis to prove it) I was the smallest kid IN THE SCHOOL
I just cant get her to like it, Ive tried and tried, Eva is a purple belt however..

But her teacher pulled me aside this afternoon and wants her to go ahead to her gifted classes,of course she dont want too do that either

Website
Unread 10-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom View Post
I've been in Mixed marital arts since I was 6 (Have a second Dan in TaeKwonDo and the arthritis to prove it) I was the smallest kid IN THE SCHOOL
I just cant get her to like it, Ive tried and tried, Eva is a purple belt however..

But her teacher pulled me aside this afternoon and wants her to go ahead to her gifted classes,of course she don't want too do that either
If she goes to the gifted classes she will be around other "book worms" also which may help to alleviate the problem.............
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
If she goes to the gifted classes she will be around other "book worms" also which may help to alleviate the problem.............
I agree ,and keep us posted.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Our school system has a policy that deals with bullies. It's called "victimization of students" and the administrators deal with each case in stages. If the problems don't stop it can, and has resulted in children being sent to the "second chance" school. This is at the middle/high school levels however, but some policy should exist for elementary levels also. Contact your school principal. If you have already done that, contact the school board superintendant and insist that something be done. No child should have to endure bullying. You can threaten them with legal recourse, as they are responsible for your childs safety and well-being while on the school premises, and your child has a right to an education, unhampered by other students that may not share your childs interest in learning.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #7
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I agree with encouraging her to go into the gifted program. It will benefit her and place her with other "like" students. And, good luck. I'm really glad I don't have kids in school any more...
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #8
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

There should be a NO TOLERANCE code for bullying in your school.
If someone is messing with her, she should notify her teacher and if that doesn’t work she should go directly to the office and make a report.
My son has done it a few times and the kids were suspended for 3 days. Also, I go to his school a few times a month to have lunch with him. I’ll bring him a subway sandwich and make sure the mean kids see me watching them.

I’m a brown belt and I do teach my son how to fight but I still teach him to turn the other cheek. I wouldn’t want him hurting some kid and feeling bad about his actions.

My son Grant is a very gifted student with straight A’s and that’s why I think he’s a target.
It’s sad that kids can’t be just kids without someone hurting them or disrespecting them.

Here's a pic of my son Grant and I iwith 3D glasses on in Vegas last month.
We're trying to look cool. lol
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:03 AM   #9
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

We had the same problem with the schools around here. Our eldest was constantly picked on, especially on the bus. She was called a ****** lover because she has black friends.
Like others here, we taught her to turn the other cheek etc. Till one day my wife decided to speak to the bus driver about it and while doing so, the ring leader (the biggest boy) of the "bus gang" stuck his head out of the window and called my wife a biotch.
Well, no sooner than he got his head back in the window my daughter was in front of his seat saying.."Oh no you didn't".. Then proceeded to beat the ever loving crap out of him. He wound up crying and begging for her to stop!
Also like some of you, our whole family has been "trained". Funny thing though...she wouldn't stand up for herself, but she absolutely wouldn't allow ANYONE to disrespect her family!
We've been home schooling our kids for 3 years now and their grades are now all A's and B's.
Unread 10-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #10
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :

The school has done whatever they can, these kids wait intill nobody is looking and go up from behind,
She likes her teacher, (we go through this gifted thing every year) But this year Im really trying to make her do it for her own sake.

Quote:
the ring leader (the biggest boy) of the "bus gang" stuck his head out of the window and called my wife a biotch.
Well, no sooner than he got his head back in the window my daughter was in front of his seat saying.."Oh no you didn't".. Then proceeded to beat the ever loving crap out of him. He wound up crying and begging for her to stop!
Now that is awesome!

Some kids were messing with her on the bus, But the children of my best friends growing up ganged up on them, it was second and first graders going at it, what a sight to see. One of them seen her get hit and they all started flying.
She rides to bus to my mothers so she can sit with the tiny neighbor girl so she wont be scared.
But now she dont have a problem on the bus anymore.
She does get called "spic" allot Her father is VERY Italian, and I'm half Powhaten so she has this exotic thing going on, Im sure it will all change in high school, Then I will have to have my shot gun loaded at the bus stop

P.S.- Grant is a beautiful kid!! he really is, Well from the parts of his face I can see

Website