The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
Rebekah7155

Name :
Rebekah7155 will become famous soon enough

I am still trying to figure out why he was not charged with DUI if he was .05 by blood test 2 hours AFTER the crash
Rebekah7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #12
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah7155 View Post
I am still trying to figure out why he was not charged with DUI if he was .05 by blood test 2 hours AFTER the crash

Good question. If he's only 17 the DUI would be easy since he is not legal to have ANYTHING alcohol in his system.

PS- Celebrity has it's privileges....
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:49 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebekah7155 View Post
Most like due to the fact the a prima facia case is supported at .08.

He could still be charged with DUI with a lesser BAC, but much harder to prove his impairment. Usually with an HGN (horizontal gaze nystagmus) and FST (Field Sobriety Test) to support the opinion that he was impaired, a .05 would do.

But after a crash such as this, the first thing a defense attorney would bring up are head injuries, physical and psychological issues caused by such a crash.

You'd probably loose that case quicker than it'd take to make the charge

Reckless driving is a much better, more supportable charge...and still CRIMINAL
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #14
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Reckless driving is a much better, more supportable charge...and still CRIMINAL
In Ohio drag racing was a charge worst then reckless, and depending upon the driving record, it could be a felony.
I thought the injured young man's mother was aligned with the Hogan's so I don't know about a law suit of any great degree.
And I'll bet the ratings are up for the family's show.
Unread 11-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #15
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
In Ohio drag racing was a charge worst then reckless, and depending upon the driving record, it could be a felony.
I thought the injured young man's mother was aligned with the Hogan's so I don't know about a law suit of any great degree.
And I'll bet the ratings are up for the family's show.
Holds about the same here. Both criminal. Have to somehow prove the racing where the excessive speed combined with wet roads, inability to controil his vehicle and adjacent solid objects (such as trees) all support the reckless charge. much easier to prove

The family had been friends for years. Just the same, the arrogant little bastards actions led up to what amounts to the end of this kids life

I've seen family members sue each other for much less. This was expected
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #16
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

I was under the impression the kid driving the other car(Hulk's) said they were racing. Again, I thought there were a few witnesses along with video that Hulk's attorneys have confiscated.
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #17
coolassbrad

Name :
coolassbrad is on a distinguished road
Default leave it alone already

ok its been months since the wreck and people still wont leave it alone,if it was a 40 year old landscaper in a pickup that had the same accident it would be over and done with.It seems people wont let it die is it because of his age ,celeberty parents or do you just hate him because of money?yes he screwed up but didnt we all do stupid **** when we were young,maybe not that bad but still bad.Alot of us drank while underage,we raced at gandy bridge,9 eagles and b b downs.I have witnessed first hand some of the same people who have been bashing nick and family show theyre asses leaving car shows and events.I have seen 100mph blasts on dale mabry in traffic on saturday nights.I've seen 100 mph on breakfast cruises.It's not that we dont race or show off we just havent got caught.
coolassbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #18
Shadow

Name :
Default No reaon to leave it alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolassbrad View Post
ok its been months since the wreck and people still wont leave it alone,if it was a 40 year old landscaper in a pickup that had the same accident it would be over and done with.It seems people wont let it die is it because of his age ,celeberty parents or do you just hate him because of money?yes he screwed up but didnt we all do stupid **** when we were young,maybe not that bad but still bad.Alot of us drank while underage,we raced at gandy bridge,9 eagles and b b downs.I have witnessed first hand some of the same people who have been bashing nick and family show theyre asses leaving car shows and events.I have seen 100mph blasts on dale mabry in traffic on saturday nights.I've seen 100 mph on breakfast cruises.It's not that we dont race or show off we just havent got caught.
There's no reason to leave it alone. There have been numerous "no-name" fatal and serious injury crashes that have occurred over the years that have garnered just as much attention simply due to the injuries. No reason for this to be any different just because of who he is or the fact that he his family has money.

It almost sounds as though you're defending his actions? Are they friends of yours? If so, I'm sorry, but the whole family screwed the pooch on this one

You have to watch your actions, especially when you're in the public light!

As far as it being over now, no, it wouldn't be over. It's probably his "celebrity status" that even allowed it to take as long as it did to charge him. The police did the right thing. They gathered thier evidence and waited for the toxicology reports and such before making thier charges.
They kept thier mouths shut on the case and didn't leak anything. I applaud the actions of the CPD. They did a professional job

If the 40 year old landscaper were as publicly arrogant, had a driving record like his and was known for being a spoiled, arrogant little brat, then I'd feel the same way about him too.

I personally could care less if he were loaded (BTW, "he's" not, his DAD is!) or totally broke. He's still an arrogant little brat who thinks he's above the law.

For the record, yes, I did some stupid stuff as a kid. We all do. But I didn't do the Fast and foolish crap down the middle of a major city street, nor did I drink and drive! Hell, I didn't even drink until after I was married....WOW! Hows that for a commentary on married life?

I have raced on Bruce B. Downs when it was known as 8 mile. There was NO TRAFFIC and NO HOMES at the time and it was a dead end!
I've raced down Hillsborough Ave. between 56th street and Orient Road, but then again, there was NO TRAFFIC.

Gandy? Never done it.

Tyson beach? Yepback in the day. But again, no side streets, no traffic and a dead end

I've lit 'em up at Andrehs before and will probably do it again...IN THE PARKING LOT

I've also nailed it coming out of the parking lot (once I was straightend out); however, I've never exceeded 50-60 mph during that brief exit and always when there's no risk to another vehicle. If I loose control, I just want to look stupid to the rest of my buds, not endanger some innocent with my foolishness.

I too have seen a couple times people leave the show, go up and come back like a bat out of hell I recently saw a run down DM that considering the speed, location, time and traffic conditions, not to mention the other cars on the road, I thought was not the smartest thing to do

As a matter of fact, when I saw it, it actually had my stomach in a knot. Anyone could have pulled in front of him and both parties would have no doubt died

Do I agree with this? Hell no

And had this occurred, I'd be saying the same thing...take it to the track.

As far as what "we" do, I think theres a huge difference.

First, as you well know, most of us are substantially older that Nick and many like myself, have considerably more experience behind the wheel of a performance or high speed vehicle than him.

Next, most of us to my knowledge, have substantially cleaner driving records. Most of us would have gotten nailed once and learned a lesson. He on the other hand, doesn't seem to be catching on

And finally, we do show off on occasion. Generally speaking, we just tend to pick and choose our locations better

Bashing him? Feck him! I'd bash the Pope if he did the same thing! It's not about his celebrity status, his money or his name.

It's about his ATTITUDE, his ARROGANCE, his Don't give a **** attitude about the incident (did you bother to watch the news clip his mouth piece put on?- Go back and take a look and watch his body language )

As far as Terry and Linda go, sorry, but they brought this on themselves. Her trying to be a teenager and the crap she put on that DVD should bite them in the ass! I'd say the same thing about you, me or anyone else here that did the same thing. You can't publicly condone street racing and antics such as his, especially when you're in the public eye!

Bottom line is, he had a hand in destroying a young mans life. Do I believe the young Marine was trying to stop him? Hell no He was probably right there with him encouraging him to go faster.

But it was Nicks CHOICE to do what he did and actions have consequences. He'll have to face his like anyone else.

When you have money and or a name, you have to watch what you do even moreso than the average joe. Agree with it or not, thats' just the way it is.

If people "think" there's a money well to tap, they're going to tap it

Terry should have had a tighter reign on his kid and maybe his wife as well.

Terry is a great guy and would do anything in the world for the kids. He has a big heart for the kids. Unfortunately, it's his own kid that's gonna cost him big time

Criminally and civilly, they're going to have to face the music, just like the 40 year old landscaper in the truck...or the vette brother on dale mabry...you play you pay

Keep this in mind my friends and stay safe.
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #19
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Angry New Information

More Information comes in:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/28/No...put_at_1.shtml
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #20
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
...Bollea's attorney, Kevin Hayslett, was at the hospital after the crash. Hayslett said his client refused to voluntarily submit to having his blood drawn, but it was taken...

Serious bodily injury, death or possible fatal within a specified timeframe...Concent not required. Asking was simply to see if he would cooperate.

Quote:
At the hospital, Bollea told police he was traveling 30 or 40 mph

Sure you were Nick

Quote:
he didn't know what road he was traveling on or what direction. His speech was "mumbled and soft" and his eyes bloodshot, according to Todd Turpack, a Clearwater police investigator who wrote the original report.
So, if not alcohol intoxicated, what was you're drug of chioce Nick?

If you notice, they've already started to look for the shop that modified the car. Vicarious Liability will ultimately be applied here

In one way, I feel for Terry (Hulk). He's got a knucklehead for a son (and a soon to be ex-wife) that have placed him in the ultimate trick bag

Then again, he perpetuated the action by condoning it

Look how fast the other driver dimed Nick out. There's no loyalty when you're neck is on the line folks

This is going to get ugly real fast....