The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 05-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Unhappy Boo Hoo

I was driving over th Manatee Bridge (Bradenton) Friday morning. There was a line off about 5 cars moving about 50 mph. It was still dark & smokey. All at ounce something shot out from under the car in front of me. I had no time to react and Bam, I hit it dead on with the nose. This object was at least 4ft X 3ft. It flexed and went back over my car.
I know how Joe feels with his road rash as the C5 nose is covered. I took it to a local detail shop and they were able to rub out 60%. They said the clear bra held up and prevented alot of damage except right for the fronts point. The all a lot of spots where the cover was punctured along with some paint chips and dings.
I still don't know what I hit as this bridge is always full of trash.
Rick
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #2
Black Thunder
Burnout

Name :
Black Thunder has disabled reputation

Its bad enuff to have a commuter car totaled by debris. (A heavy metal cannister fell off a flatbed into my frontend=Total) But to have your Vette nailed is beyond words.
Mabey your good for life now with this one painful incident. I feel your pain brother

John
Black Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear that borther I had to dodge a few tire carcasses on 19 yesterday.

You can find enough junk on our highways to funish a singlewide in about 2 trips to Key West and back!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, when I lived in Maryland a ladder fell off of a truck in front of me while driving down the beltway about 60mph. Cars on either side of me, so I had nowhere to go. Was driving my Grand Prix at the time. Messed up the rubber bumpers on the front bumper, but it could have been a LOT worse. Had that ladder hit my windshield I might not be here today.
Unread 05-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
Daytona-Flyer
Eric

Name :
Daytona-Flyer is on a distinguished road

This goes back about five years. I was driving north on I-95 in my six month old BMW Z5 3.0. I was in the left lane and a flatbed truck hauling crushed autos was in the center lane a short distance ahead. A piece of sheet metal came flying off one of the cars and it looked like a piece of paper fluttering in the wind.

Not knowing which way it was going to go, I held my line and hit my brakes. At the last possible moment as I slowed through fifty MPH or so, I hooked a left onto the center divider with the left tires but it wasn't enough. The piece of scrap metal just nicked my right rear fender above the wheel well. One more foot to the left and......well, it doesn't matter now.

Most of the scuff marks came off with rubbing compound. I brought it to BMW for a touch up and with a florescent light they showed me the small dent.

Well at least the truck pulled over and gave me his phone number. They took care of the repair bill. I told the shop just to match the paint and touch up the small area. Instead they painted the entire fender.

When I traded the car in, the adjuster saw the fender had been repainted and knocked $500 off the trade in value. The way he could tell was by looking in water channel with the trunk open. He showed me the glossy finish in there compared to the mat finish on the other side.

Eric
Daytona-Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #6
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

The good news.....if there is any......is that THIS is just the excuse you need to get rid of the current one and get one that's newer . Just remember......works for cars ......don't work for wives !
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Rick I feel your pain. I'm glad that you didn't get injured. Mark
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote