The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
bosshoss bill

Name :
bosshoss bill has disabled reputation
Question competent dealer service

Has anyone had any dealings with Ed Morse Chev. in W Palm Beach?

I've seen them at a lot of corvette functions.

I am having trouble since Bill Schultz Chev did the steering column lock recall.Took it back, no luck in finding the glitch (pull key, fuel cut off)

Was wondering if Ed Morse is good. I live in Stuart and had been told to avoid Jochem Chevy.
Thanks
bosshoss bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:08 AM   #2
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

i dont know if this will help you out but, try making sure your battery is at a full charge. also try getting the clb from thunder racing and install it. it should cure your problem. most dealers do not have a clue when it comes to the whole issue. i am not really shure if anyone really does. lots of guessing going on out there as to the cause. i was having mine lock up almost daily last week. it would not unlock even after i would shake the wheel. that has never happened before. i could always just shake it and it would unlock and i could drive off. well right before i called a roll back i put it on a charger just for the sake of it. well after 5 min of that it unlocked. i took it off the charger and it locked up again. so i charged it a few hours and the problem has not returned. i am going in for the recall so i dont have to shake the wheel anymore then i am going to put in the clb to end the problem just in case. if i can get the dealer to flash it back to stock so the fuel cut off is out of the loop i should be ok. i am not sure about dealers down there but i will let you know if i have any luck with mine this week. i am about 3 hours north of you. so far so good, they seem like they are willing to work with me and are serious about fixing the problem at no cost to me. last dealer i went to wanted to sell me a $400 actuator instead of fix it with the new recall.
Unread 06-12-2006, 03:11 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm kind of thinking the problem may be caused in many instances by a battery going weak. Sounds like the lock motor just can't pull enough current to withdraw the lock from the steering column.
Unread 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #4
TwistedFun

Name :

i am picking the car up on thursday from the dealer, i had the recall done and they said they would get rid of the flash from the previous recall that kills the fuel. i explained why i wanted the fuel kill out of the loop because if there is no lock, why kill the fuel to prevent an accident. all that will happen is it will prevent me from driving. i think i am going to install the clb to see if that keeps me from getting the pull key 10 secs message in the future just in case. the service manager said he had no problem with putting the original factory flash back in the car and getting the fuel kill out of the system.
Unread 06-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Melsy

Name :
Melsy has disabled reputation

I had both cloumn lock recall/TSB performed at Maroone in Delray Beach. I watched the second TSB where they actually remove the "locking mechanism". You lose a theft preventative device because the wheel doesn't lock anymore, but at least you won't get stuck--supposedly. Don't know if the 2nd recall/TSB "unflashes" the computer from the first recall. Hooray for GM engineers
Melsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 12:39 AM   #6
TwistedFun

Name :

my dealer told me he did a reprogram at my request to take out the first fuel shut off flash after the locking plate was removed. so far so good. no codes and no lock.
Unread 06-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #7
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Well now you can talk to Jason from Ed Morse Chevy right here. Look to the left, you see he is a site sponsor.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #8
3318C5

Name :
3318C5 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Well now you can talk to Jason from Ed Morse Chevy right here. Look to the left, you see he is a site sponsor.

03 An Ed M6
Mods=A lot...
3318C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
bosshoss bill

Name :
bosshoss bill has disabled reputation

Ok Guys
I have an appointment on June 19, talked to the service manager and he seemed very knowledgable.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thanks for the input
Bill
bosshoss bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #10
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshoss bill
Ok Guys
I have an appointment on June 19, talked to the service manager and he seemed very knowledgable.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Thanks for the input
Bill
? ?