Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Welcome Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Welcome Room Member introductions

Unread 08-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
vettecrazy09

Name :
vettecrazy09 has disabled reputation
Default Soon to be new owner.

Will be picking up new 09 C6 vert, loaded in Sept. from the museum. Names PJ, uncle of Corey (LS2POWA) on here. Hope to see you all in future corvette events
vettecrazy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

PJ, and good to have you aboard.

Congratulations on the new ride. Can't wait to see it.

We're very happy to have Corey here as well. He adds quite a bit to the site

There are a lot of good folks here! Come on out to some events and say

Again, welcome.
Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 02:45 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Welcome aboard! I'll bet the anticipation of the drive home from Kentucky in your new vette is killing you, eh? I know it would be doing that to me.

Don't forget that you aren't supposed to go over 55 miles per hour for the first 500 miles, so stay in the SLOW lane............
Unread 08-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #4
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Welcome ,congrats I'm right behind ya on the 09.

So what have ya ordered?
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #5
JIM KILL
TampaBay Vettes

Name : Jim Kill
JIM KILL is on a distinguished road
Talking Welcome

Welcome from TampaBay Vettes

www.tampabayvettes.com

Congrats on the new ride!!

Jim
Unread 08-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Bryce Inn

Just up the road (10 miles) at the next exit is the Bryce Inn owned by a Corvette couple. We went up there last September and upon numerous recommendations booked a room there. At the Plant exit there are several motels but they all wanted over $100. Bryce Inn - $59.00!!! They have a restored '65 Coupe and love to host Vetters. Check them out....

Good luck on the new purchase!!! And
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Congrats on the your new baby.
Some friendly advice on your new car,any questions just call or PM me.
When purchasing a new vehicle, we recommend that you insist the dealer not prep the vehicle prior to you taking possession. This means that they should not wash, wax, or do anything else to the vehicle. Dealerships do not specialize in detailing and because of this, your new paint can become scratched, swirled, or marred before you even drive it home.

Also, it is recommended that you decline any protection packages such as a 5-year paint sealant or life-time interior protectant. Not only are these services purely profit for the dealer, no product on the market will protect your vehicle for this amount of time. Rust protection is also unnecessary since all new cars come with a factory warranty against rust. The only way to keep your vehicle protected and looking new is to have it professionally detailed on a regular basis.

Getting ready to purchase a new vehicle? Despite what you may think, a new vehicle endures a lot when it is shipped from factory to dealership. During shipping, many contaminants such as rail dust, road grime, and factory fallout will bond to the new paint. Start your new vehicle off with a proper detail – it will look its best and be easier to maintain as time goes on.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #8
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Hi PJ, to the Forum. I know Corey and have hung out with him at our local events.
My wife and I did the musuem delivery when we picked up our 07 vert in December 06. I have some suggestions for you- I hope you picked the am delivery and tour because it'll be a long but awesome day. Figure 2-2.5 hrs at the factory, 2 hours personal tour of museum, and 2 hours going over your new baby and at least an hour in the museum store. They didn't have a canteen or cafeteria when we were there; so bring some snacks and water.
I would recommend purchasing a cloth front bra made by C5 Creations (rec by the museum) that you can put on after you leave the musuem. It'll protect your front end during the ride home. Also, PipeDreams (Nakidparts.com) makes some inexpensive and virtually invisible mud flaps ( protects your rocker panels) that you can add after you leave the museum. With a pair of pliers and screwdrivers my wife and I did both the Bra and Mud flaps in about 45 minutes. You've got a 1,000 miles to go to return to Tampa and you'll be upset if you see rock dings on your new baby.
Once you return to Tampa, then call Ryan Burroughs of Auto Paint Guard and have him install 3M Clear Bra on your hood ,lower bumper, headlights and side mirrors and rocker panels and you won't have to worry about dings so much. Ryan is a vendor on this site and you'll find his site as you scroll down the vendors' banner on the left side of this screen. IF you go to Ryan, feel free to use me as a reference. I left the snaps on my C5 Creation in the wheel wells and when I go to a show, I snap on the bra and it'll keep the bugs and grime off the car and makes it easier to touch up at the show. You can order the C5 Creation bra online and have it shipped to the museum.
My interior is cashmere and the stock floor mats are cashmere. I knew that would get dirty in a heartbeat. I ordered some ebony mats from Stratmosphere.com. I took the mats with me to the museum and put them in right after we left the museum. The new mats are heavier and better quality than the stock mats and won't show dirt. Lloyds also makes good mats. I like the Stratmoshere because they have a life time warranty.
Wow, this post is getting long. I hope these suggestions will help.
One final suggestion- Spend an extra night in Bowling Green because we didn't get out of the museum until 3:30 pm. We went to the Montana Grill and had a awesome delicious meal, drove around BG and the local university. Then we found a local car dealership that was closed and used their lights to put on our mods for about an hour. Good luck and have fun. I'll be looking forward to seeing you at the shows. Mark
PS: Feel free to pm me with any questions.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
vettecrazy09

Name :
vettecrazy09 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
PJ, and good to have you aboard.

Congratulations on the new ride. Can't wait to see it.

We're very happy to have Corey here as well. He adds quite a bit to the site

There are a lot of good folks here! Come on out to some events and say

Again, welcome.
Gordon
Gordon, Thank you and all the other members that wrote to me. To answer the question of the vette I ordered is it's a '09 BLACK on BLACK with a BLACK convt. top, has the 2 LT, 6 stick, Z51 comp. grey wheels, I know I'll love it but it can't hold a candle to my '72 that I had for 13 years. Thanks again to you all at Corvette Florida......P.J.
vettecrazy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
jcb_njb

Name : Jim Brackett
jcb_njb is on a distinguished road

Congrats PJ. Let us know the date you are going to pick up the new car so we can bring up the web cams and watch you get your Vette.
jcb_njb is offline   Reply With Quote