The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 06-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #51
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_dir
Rich,
I am guilty as charged. I joined because it was specifically for Florida Vette owners.
But as I would check the site 2 or 3 times a day, I found that not many people were posting on a regular basis. This was discouraging to me. I also am a member of CorvetteForum, and with the 15,000+ people from all over the world, I just find it more interesting. There are people posting every minute of every day! Just refresh the page and POW! more threads. Sometimes I really like the controversial threads....and post.....sometimes I just read for info.

I have logged onto this site and have literally seen no new posts for a month or more. What is there to bring me back? The regulars on this site need to post on a daily basis, or there is no incentive to come back.

I really don't mean to sound harsh, honestly. But you asked why the drop-off.

I like a "busy" forum where thoughts can be exchanged almost as fast as instant messaging. If you can figure out how to achieve that, I'm sure more people would respond...including me.

With all due respect,

--Mike--
Oh, I certainly do understand that perspective, and recognize the catch-22 of it. How do I convince people that in order to get traffic here they need to help BE that traffic? It just can't happen with everyone waiting for everyone else to post the interesting posts.

We've got 1,353 registered members here right now. If everyone just posted a single message every day, then we would most certainly have what you asked for. There are already people here posting fairly frequently. And they will do so until and unless they get frustrated by the lack of further participation by others.

Sure, I realize that no one really NEEDS this site, but I think perhaps some do WANT it to survive, and might be disappointed if it does not. This site has the opportunity to be anything you all want it to be, including extinct.

So what do you say, Mike? You willing to help us out here? Surely you have something to be able to share with us.....
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #52
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

No, no, let's not do that extinct thing. Surely we can come up with some trivial babble that could spark an interesting conversation?! Let's do it guys (and gals)!
Lets see, what did you guys do that was interesting this week? Well, I had hernia surgery!!! That was a blast. Still is for that matter! I wouldn't wish this on a Ford owner. So, the Vette is parked for a while. If I ever managed to get in it I'd never get out.
Rich has had a full plate this week too. I would have offered to give you a hand Rich, I don't think I live too far away from you, but I'm out of the loop for a little while.
85vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #53
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Extinct isn't a good word.I enjoy this forum more than any other and i'll do what I can to help.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #54
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette
No, no, let's not do that extinct thing. Surely we can come up with some trivial babble that could spark an interesting conversation?! Let's do it guys (and gals)!
Lets see, what did you guys do that was interesting this week? Well, I had hernia surgery!!! That was a blast. Still is for that matter! I wouldn't wish this on a Ford owner. So, the Vette is parked for a while. If I ever managed to get in it I'd never get out.
Rich has had a full plate this week too. I would have offered to give you a hand Rich, I don't think I live too far away from you, but I'm out of the loop for a little while.
Yeah, this has been a *fun-filled* week. I've got a new router I need to set up tomorrow. Anyone taking any bets that it will work right out of the box without me slamming it against the wall first?

Sorry to hear about your hernia operation. Please, DON'T post pictures!
Unread 06-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #55
Rich Z

Well, I just sent out invitations to come on back to visit us to all registered members here who haven't visited with the past month. I'm thinking some of the earlier ones might have just forgotten we are here. So they needed a reminder.........

Maybe that will help..........
Unread 06-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #56
ChuckG
Retired Florida Geezer

Name :
ChuckG is on a distinguished road

I'm still around.

Haven't posted much, because we have yet to put a shovel in the ground to begin construction of our new house in Pine Ridge, Citrus County.

I've been back and forth to Florida several times, the latest being last weekend.

They should start construction soon. Target finish date is Spring/Summer of 08.

SO....I don't post much, because at this point, I'm "not there yet".

My wife and I will be coming back down again in September for a 4 day trip again.

Building is strange in Florida. We had to go down to pick floors, cabinets, counter tops, colors, etc., and they haven't even cleared the lot yet.

I'm anxious to get the project rolling. SO....I'll still be lurking for awhile longer. Chuck

1969 Corvette Conv. Orange/Black, 400HP BB, Automatic, NCRS Top Flight

1956 Chevrolet 2 Door Sedan. 355, 4 speed, Vintage Air, Old School Hot Rod

2006 Corvette Conv. Velocity Yellow/Black
ChuckG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #57
tv_dir

Name :
tv_dir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Oh, I certainly do understand that perspective, and recognize the catch-22 of it. How do I convince people that in order to get traffic here they need to help BE that traffic? It just can't happen with everyone waiting for everyone else to post the interesting posts.

We've got 1,353 registered members here right now. If everyone just posted a single message every day, then we would most certainly have what you asked for. There are already people here posting fairly frequently. And they will do so until and unless they get frustrated by the lack of further participation by others.

Sure, I realize that no one really NEEDS this site, but I think perhaps some do WANT it to survive, and might be disappointed if it does not. This site has the opportunity to be anything you all want it to be, including extinct.

So what do you say, Mike? You willing to help us out here? Surely you have something to be able to share with us.....

Like I said Rich, I really like the regional Florida aspect of this site. Also I have found the folks here to be very nice and welcoming, and I will continue to visit and contribute.

I was just at that other site. One of the things I like about it is the different forums for different generations. I have a C6 and when I click on the site, it takes me right to the C6 section. I just got good info about a question I had about the C6 air conditioning system.

Is there a way for you to set this site up so people can talk about their generation with others that own them?

--Mike--
Unread 07-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #58
JCswm

Name :
JCswm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, I just sent out invitations to come on back to visit us to all registered members here who haven't visited with the past month. I'm thinking some of the earlier ones might have just forgotten we are here. So they needed a reminder.........

Maybe that will help..........
It worked on me
Perfect Timing with the other site crashing.... or did you have something to do with that???

JCswm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #59
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_dir
One of the things I like about it is the different forums for different generations. I have a C6 and when I click on the site, it takes me right to the C6 section. I just got good info about a question I had about the C6 air conditioning system.

Is there a way for you to set this site up so people can talk about their generation with others that own them?

--Mike--
Well, I had considered it, but rejected it for a couple of reasons. (1), this site doesn't have enough traffic and creating duplicate forums for each generation category would make it look even LESS traveled. and (2) I wasn't really sure I wanted to put a natural dividing line among all us Corvette enthusiasts. The division can sometimes cause some conflict. You know, "my vette is better than YOUR vette because it is a Cx generation..."

I can see the benefits of it when someone posts a topic line such as "Can someone help me with my suspension problem?" On one hand someone only being familiar with a particular generation would have wasted his/her time looking at the post if it is a different generation. But on the other hand, the more eyes seeing such a thread, all the better for the person posting it because it increases the possibility that SOMEONE can answer it.

With a much larger site, yes, I can see where such a division would become inevitable because of the necessity. But until it is necessary, I think it best to do it this way for the time being.
Unread 07-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #60
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCswm
It worked on me
Perfect Timing with the other site crashing.... or did you have something to do with that???

Nope. Even if I could, no way would I do something like that. I actually like going to CF and spend a fair bit of time there myself.