The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 12-02-2007, 06:32 AM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default Won't Start - Comin Home

I guess all those issues I had with it not starting if you touched the gas has developed into "t won't start at all" Gas gauge reads 3/8 tank and turns over fine. The last time it was running was Friday afternoon. I tried all day Sat and no go. I just tried it this morning and again, it just turns over.

Last edited by C5Rick; 12-10-2007 at 05:04 PM.
C5Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #2
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Have you asked Greg or Rashelle what tis could be? I'd hate to see this happen on a trip and be stranded. I wonder if the fuel pump is acting up and needs replacement.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
C5Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte.smiles View Post
Have you asked Greg or Rashelle what tis could be? I'd hate to see this happen on a trip and be stranded. I wonder if the fuel pump is acting up and needs replacement.
When the issue first started Greg thought it could be injector related; leaking. Due to my warranty restrictions I have to have repairs done at a dealership, so I hate to pester Greg about it. I was trying to put it off until I went back to work ... Know of a good towing company in Bradenton?
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
THOR

Name :

I've used AAA for towing but they just contract with local towing folks and so you don't know who you'll get. My friend, Mike Tharp, is the service manager at Cox Chevrolet. The front desk number is 756-0621 and then ask for him. If he isn't available, Michelle Richmond is an excellent service consultant and her direct line is 739-3284. Tell either of them I referred you if it'll help. I'm sure they know folks who can tow a vette properly without dinging it. I hope this helps.
Unread 12-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #5
C5Rick

Around 8:00 PM Sunday evening I gave th C5 a final try and it fired right up (wouldn't start Fri evening, all day Sat and all day Sun) so I figured I can drive it to Cox Chevy in the morning.
At 6:30 AM this morning I went down to start the car and back it out of the garage and, when I turned the key, no go. Now it won't turn over. Theres lights but not even a click at the starter
I drive to Cox and talk to them and they said they'll send someone to fetch it. It wasn't long and a guy with a flatbed showed up. Now my car is still in the garage. The tow guy said he didn't really like winching it that fall so we were going to push it some. When I got in to take it out of gear I figured I'll give it another shot and it fired right up The tow guy followed me to the dealership. Once there, no matter what I did I couldn't make it not start
They said they would run some test, but wait they did that before and nothing. Maybe this is all my imagination
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
THOR

Name :

Maybe the lady on the car is being fickle.
Unread 12-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
C5Rick

3:00 PM and I just got a call from Cox Chevy confirming there is a issue with the car. To this point no codes have appeared, Now hope they can figure it out.
Unread 12-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #9
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
3:00 PM and I just got a call from Cox Chevy confirming there is a issue with the car. To this point no codes have appeared, Now hope they can figure it out.
Rick, I know how frustrating that can be and how the slightest little problem in the electrical system can cause all kinds of problems. I am putting my money on a corroded ground or connector. Heck the battery might even be on its way out. Good luck.

Joe B.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

The fact that they found "an issue" is definitely encouraging. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote