The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Ray, you are more than welcome to go for a ride and hear my exhaust at the UCP on the 18th. I have LG LT headers with hi-flow cats and a Corsa Touring exhaust.

At cruising speeds, the Corsa's are supposed to be about 2db quieter than the stock Z06 Ti's. Even after I added the headers, it's still fairly quiet at cruising speed. When I get on it, you will definitely hear it. I get compliments on them all the time. They obviously sound different when you rev it compared to actually driving it.

Here is a link to my Putfile site that has 6 runs that I did at the Z06 Fest in July. It will give you an idea of what it sounds like. Of course there is nothing like the sound of being behind it, or in it. And videos don't really do it justice.
http://www.putfile.com/madn3ss/media

Sometimes I wish it was louder. Not SLP loudmouth loud, but maybe B&B Triflo's, GHL or the Borla Stingers. One of the reasons I went with Corsa was that I loved the Tiger Shark tips. I would love to have the Tiger Shark rear and front fascia. Have you seen it before?

So if you want to go for a ride at the show, let me know. We can always meet up a little earlier. Assuming we are going to meet at the McDonalds near the show. We'll have to start a thread to see how many people we can get. It would be cool to park together like other clubs do.

Scott
That would be Sweet! thanks for the offer!
We're satying at the "host hotel" Friday - Sunday. Not too sure where that is in reference to the Mcdonalds you speak of.
If it's close by, (don't want to get lost) we'll definately hook up there with anyone and everyone that wants to!

OH, and thanks you guys for the great vids!
Those BB'S sounded MEAN!
ynkedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #12
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM KILL
WE FORGOT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING OR AT LEAST I DID ABOUT EXHAUST SYSTEMS.

NOT ALL WIVES LIKE LOUD AND "NASTY" EXHAUST SYSTEMS.

THE MANAGEMENT ("WIFE") REFUSES TO GO ANYWHERE MORE THAN 20 MILES WITH ME IN THE CAR.

SO IF YOU ARE MARRIED, YOU HAD BETTER GET MANAGEMENT APPROVAL PRIOR TO ANY MODIFICATIONS.

"YOU WERE WARNED"

MY BB'S WILL KEEP UP WITH ANY "COBRA" EXHAUST AS FAR A LOUD GOES!!

LOOK ME UP AT SHOW..WOULD BE PLEASED TO ASSIST YOU IN YOUR NEW HEARING AIDS!!!
His wife drives a Vette too!

My wife doesn't like loud, that's why I went with the Corsa's.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #13
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Ray,

It is really difficult to go to the various exhaust system websites because you may be able to hear the exhaust tone, you just cannot tell what the db level is until you are actually either in or behind the car with that exhaust.

That said, I still used it for reference. I have included a link to the Mid America on line catalogue. I am not suggesting that you purchase nor am I endorsing any vendor in particular. But this MidAmerica link had a pretty good discription of the increase in noise level for each of the exhaust they sell, at idle, under acceleration, and cruising. The link that I have included for you is for the systems they sell for the C6s and it includes most of the major brands. Some of them have recordings that you can listen to, but remember, you can get an idea of relative tone, but not true db level.

When I changed our '01 over to the Corsa Pace Car mufflers, I wanted to increase the db level over stock at idle a little, I wanted to increase it significantly under WOT, but did not want a significant increase in the cockpit while cruising. The information on this sight at least pointed me in the right direction. Good luck, and remember what someone else just recommended, if you want Momma to ride in the car with you, make sure she has bought into whatever system you put on.

Rich

http://content.madirect.com/offers/c...6iacchart.html
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Apparently the McDonalds and Hooters are right next to each other. Here is the address for the Hooters.

Hooters
10023 Adamo Drive
Tampa, FL 33619

Ferman Chevrolet
9751 Adamo Drive
Tampa, FL 33619

I believe the Hooters is just to the east.

We can figure out a time later in the week for everyone to meet there so we can park together.

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #15
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
Default Looking forward to it!

Man o Man .... I don't know what kind of household you're running over there???
(hi guys)

But it sounds Just like mine!
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #16
AdvAutoBob
got nitrous?

Name :
AdvAutoBob is on a distinguished road

My preference is Magnaflow, as I have it on ALL of my vehicles (2 Vettes, my Duramax dually, and a custom bent system I built for my wife's Suburban). To anybody that asks me about resonance (drone), I tell them this:

All high-performance exhaust will resonate to one degree or another. If it bothers you, leave it stock! Dealing with this (or other issues like it) is all part of owning a high-performance automobile. X-pipes help in cancelling resonance (in addition to adding some HP), but the possibility still exists.

That being said, for a C5, Magnaflows come in two flavors, standard and MagnaPak (real mean MFer sound). It's all in what you like.

FYI, I'm running a sale on all Magnaflow systems through the end of the year... PM me for details, or drop me an email (or look in my CAC folder).
Specializing in American Performance featuring CORVETTE
(239)-573-9933
www.advancedautocc.com
AdvAutoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #17
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
His wife drives a Vette too!

My wife doesn't like loud, that's why I went with the Corsa's.
The wife and I have been cruising around a bit since we've gotten her Vette, and I can tell ya's this... when she pulls up next to me at a light and rev's it up (infront of all who are on the road), I fall a bit short with my stock system!
I noticed a girl in a car smiling at me, with That Look, like I was just spanked by a woman!
Anyway, The Gloves Are OFF!

Ray
Unread 11-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #18
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
I noticed a girl in a car smiling at me, with That Look, like I was just spanked by a woman!

Anyway, The Gloves Are OFF!

Ray, maybe a little too much information, bud!?!?
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #19
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I've got the Magnaflow on mine and would like something louder. I like the deep tone at idle but could use some more exhaust noise. Don't mind the drone. I'm not sure what system Robert has on his but it's louder than mine. On my '92 I had Flowmasters and loved them. Robert wouldn't ride with me cause it was too loud for him....
I'm telling you, you'll have lots of folks revving their motors at the Tampa show to show off their pipes
Unread 11-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #20
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

I am looking for exhaust for my 2000. My previous car a 71vette I must have had 4 different mufflers in 1 month. I don't want to do that again and am looking to hearing some cars at shows coming up. I don't want too much drone or resonance. Someone told me Borla Stingers with an x-pipe.