The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 08-26-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road
Default Corvettes at Carlisle

Well I made my annual trek to Corvettes at Carlisle and as usual, came back with a little lighter wallet, bought some stuff for the cars. I took my camera with intentions of posting a lot of pictures for the board members who have not every been to Carlisle. Unfortunately, had a problem with my camera and only got a few in before it died. Sorry! Best laid plans of mice and men!?!? I never really understood this comment.

Sorry there are not a few more!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Sorry there are not a few more!
Yeah.......... Me too...............

But thanks for posting the ones you were able to capture.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:39 PM   #3
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

I would love to go to Carlisle, someday maybe.
Unread 08-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
GS163
Grand Sport Junkie

Name :
GS163 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I really wanted to be there this year with the GS. Just couldnt swing it.
GS163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
Rich427

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS163
Yeah, I really wanted to be there this year with the GS. Just couldnt swing it.
The camera went into error mode just as I got to the section of the fairgrounds that was dedicated to the Grand Sports. There must have been a hundred of them. Very nice display!

If you have not been to Carlisle, then you should plan a trip to see this event. I think Carlisle Fairgrounds is 60 some acres and they use between 40 to 50 acres for the Corvette event. But if you think Florida is hot and humid in August, try Carlisle. It would make Orlando proud!

I had a stall for 15 years in row F, but I gave it up last year. I used to pick up used parts and sell them to defer the cost of the restoration on my '69. I just don't have the inventory that I used to have and I can do better on eBay without the hassle of driving an 1 1/2 hours each way every day.

So, now I go for one day and walk the fields and SPEND MONEY! I bought a Corsa Indy Pro Series exhaust for the 01 and did not realize that Corsa had installers on site. Of course, I took my Tahoe incase I found some interesting items that would not fit in the 01 trunk. For $100, they took your old exhaust off and installed and aligned the new one. Now, I have to jack the rear up and install this one on my back. If I only knew!?!?

Anyway, I wish I had some more pictures so that you could see how massive this show really is. It is worth a trip, just don't expect you are getting away from the heat and humidity because you are coming north!
Unread 08-27-2006, 07:59 AM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

I'd like to go one year. It would be a bit of a drive though. I already go to BG once a year (starting this year ). Next year there is a Z06 Fest in BG in October and they have set a date for a West Fest in Phoenix, AZ for the people that can't travel the distance to BG. I might be flying out to that one though.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2006, 07:45 PM   #7
Rich427

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I'd like to go one year. It would be a bit of a drive though. I already go to BG once a year (starting this year ). Next year there is a Z06 Fest in BG in October and they have set a date for a West Fest in Phoenix, AZ for the people that can't travel the distance to BG. I might be flying out to that one though.

Madn3ss,

Whether you drive or fly to this event, it is worthwhile. It started a long time ago as just a Corvette flea market and coral to sell cars. It has grown to the point that you can find almost anything Corvette there. Vendors selling new/used parts, modifications, installations on site, Corvette auction, Corvette coral where individuals sell cars, trailers, lifts, clothing, jewelry, most years an NCRS juding meet, an NCCC event (show, rally, whatever), featured models (GSs this year), displays by Callaway, Mallett, Kerbeck Chevrolet, etc., etc., etc. You can almost OD on Corvettes. You noticed I said ALMOST!

I know priorities are tough, but it is worth planning a trip to Carlisle one year, whether you drive or fly in. If you ever have questions about this event, just contact me, like I said earlier, I used to have a stall there for 15 years, so I know the show pretty well.
Unread 08-27-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
SRQC5
The Self-Proclaimed King

Name :
SRQC5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
The camera went into error mode just as I got to the section of the fairgrounds that was dedicated to the Grand Sports. There must have been a hundred of them. Very nice display!

If you have not been to Carlisle, then you should plan a trip to see this event. I think Carlisle Fairgrounds is 60 some acres and they use between 40 to 50 acres for the Corvette event. But if you think Florida is hot and humid in August, try Carlisle. It would make Orlando proud!

I had a stall for 15 years in row F, but I gave it up last year. I used to pick up used parts and sell them to defer the cost of the restoration on my '69. I just don't have the inventory that I used to have and I can do better on eBay without the hassle of driving an 1 1/2 hours each way every day.

So, now I go for one day and walk the fields and SPEND MONEY! I bought a Corsa Indy Pro Series exhaust for the 01 and did not realize that Corsa had installers on site. Of course, I took my Tahoe incase I found some interesting items that would not fit in the 01 trunk. For $100, they took your old exhaust off and installed and aligned the new one. Now, I have to jack the rear up and install this one on my back. If I only knew!?!?

Anyway, I wish I had some more pictures so that you could see how massive this show really is. It is worth a trip, just don't expect you are getting away from the heat and humidity because you are coming north!

Ive heard some horror stories about parts being installed at carlisle... i think it was good to wait IMO.

The place seems really spectacular. why did that one C3 have ferrari badging on it? (3 pictures down)
Build Plant : 1Y5Y - BOWLING GREEN Halltech stinger, LS6 Intake, 3.15 gears, Dynatech headers, Procats, X-pipe, Borla stingers, MSD 8.5mm wires, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic brakes, Dyno tune/HP Tuners.
SRQC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Too bad the camera gave out, Rich! I've only been to Corvettes at Carlisel once but I want to go again. I went in 1996 and drove up with a friend in the '92 vette I had then. We drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way to Front Royal. What a great trip and then we had a blast at Carlise. Definitely need to go again. I've been to Bloomington Gold twice but I liked Carlisle better. Thanks for the pics you were able to get
Unread 08-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #10
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRQC5
why did that one C3 have ferrari badging on it? (3 pictures down)
Great catch Adam. Now that I look at it further, it has an american flag atop the logo. Normally there is an Italian flag there. I would love to know why it is there as well. I've done a little search but have come up empty.

Scott

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote