The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 10-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation
Default Video..Wild Police Chase

Here is a real good reason not to run from the law...
http://cygnus_lawenforcement.permiss...&showid=378811

Thanks Kopbet......

Last edited by zzzona; 10-06-2007 at 09:40 AM.
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
KOPBET

Name :
KOPBET has disabled reputation

CLICK ME
KOPBET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

What actually happened in that video? Gets kind of confusing towards the end. Did the driver pull a gun or something? Looks like a cop is standing on the hood shooting through the windshield at the guy......
Unread 10-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
gmjunkie
Corvette,GM Classic Freak

Name : I'm Not Post'n in BOI
gmjunkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
What actually happened in that video? Gets kind of confusing towards the end. Did the driver pull a gun or something? Looks like a cop is standing on the hood shooting through the windshield at the guy......
For Me, I don't really care if he pulled a Gun or Not,I think he was endangering enough people!!!! Shoot that Crazy Bastard!!!
Unread 10-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

It sounds like there was two seperate exchanges of gunfire.
The cop looked like he fired and retreated and then jumped on the hood... Or he was running from the guy trying to hit him with the car.
zzzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

That was one of the absolute WORSE cases of law enforcement I've seen in many years

1- The 1st officer stated "I just had a car try to ram me!" when in actuality, based upon the in car video, you'll see that the vehicle actually tried to avoid the police unit and drove AROUND him Of course, this statement now "justifies" the chase

2- Without knowing what started the chase (other than purjury), the department policies and state laws in bum fawk, it's hard to determine whether the pursuit was justified.

3- The "endangerment" was escalated by the pursuit.When speed reached over 100 mph, unless you have a violent felony suspect (ie: Sexual battery, armed robbery, etc), I'd have called the pursuit off! There's no sense in creating a public danger over suspicious activity or a stolen car
The "he tried to ram me" aggravated assault was bulls**t and should not be considered.

4- Lets assume for a minute that the car was stolen.
Once it has been recovered like this, it's of no use to anyone, and has once again endangered countless number of citizen and LEO lives in the process

5- Not sure why the officer initially fired on the vehicle after he rammed it? I'd like to know more about that?

6- The idiot standing on the hood firing into the car, assuming of course he survived, should be fired! He needs to go away, along with the one who initiated the pursuit on a purjured statement!!!! Theres no use of place for those kind of cowboys in law enforcement today.

The tactics were terrible, the probable cause was manufactured and weak and the pursuit was dangerous to everyone, involved and otherwise.

BTW, I'm speaking from the position of one who has in the past sat in on policy review boards and officer involved crashes. I do everything I can to support the officers actions.

In this case, I cant
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #7
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
It sounds like there was two seperate exchanges of gunfire.
The cop looked like he fired and retreated and then jumped on the hood... Or he was running from the guy trying to hit him with the car.
If you take a look at each of those scenarios, you'll see that the LEO's placed themselves in front of the fleeing vehicle.

And you don't stand in front of a guy that's just ran from you acted like this guy

The City of Tampa and I believe the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, even went as far as penning a policy regarding placing one's body in front of a fleeing vehicle.

Too many officers were using the "excuse" they tried to hit me to justify deadly force

Had you not stepped in the way, they'd never have come close. I guess the departments finally figured they needed to stop this before they got sued.
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
That was one of the absolute WORSE cases of law enforcement I've seen in many years

1- The 1st officer stated "I just had a car try to ram me!" when in actuality, based upon the in car video, you'll see that the vehicle actually tried to avoid the police unit and drove AROUND him Of course, this statement now "justifies" the chase

2- Without knowing what started the chase (other than purjury), the department policies and state laws in bum fawk, it's hard to determine whether the pursuit was justified.

3- The "endangerment" was escalated by the pursuit.When speed reached over 100 mph, unless you have a violent felony suspect (ie: Sexual battery, armed robbery, etc), I'd have called the pursuit off! There's no sense in creating a public danger over suspicious activity or a stolen car
The "he tried to ram me" aggravated assault was bulls**t and should not be considered.

4- Lets assume for a minute that the car was stolen.
Once it has been recovered like this, it's of no use to anyone, and has once again endangered countless number of citizen and LEO lives in the process

5- Not sure why the officer initially fired on the vehicle after he rammed it? I'd like to know more about that?

6- The idiot standing on the hood firing into the car, assuming of course he survived, should be fired! He needs to go away, along with the one who initiated the pursuit on a purjured statement!!!! Theres no use of place for those kind of cowboys in law enforcement today.

The tactics were terrible, the probable cause was manufactured and weak and the pursuit was dangerous to everyone, involved and otherwise.

BTW, I'm speaking from the position of one who has in the past sat in on policy review boards and officer involved crashes. I do everything I can to support the officers actions.

In this case, I cant
Yeah, my thoughts on this as well, Gordon. Didn't look to me that the guy tried to ram the cop car. He was just trying to get away and the cop car pulled in to cramp his exit.

Did I see this right that the original chase car then purposely crashed into the chased vehicle? After all was said and done, what was the COST of that entire incident in damages? Not to mention it appears that someone got killed for maybe doing nothing more than stealing a car and then fleeing. Not that I wouldn't wish something like that on anyone stealing MY car, but still.....
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
silverback

Name :
silverback has disabled reputation

I would not like the job of police officer or law enforcement. You all ( who do) need way more pay than I could afford to pay. A big thank you, until the next ticket. ( last one over 15 yrs.) But this video screams out about police becoming judge, jury and executor
silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
I would not like the job of police officer or law enforcement. You all ( who do) need way more pay than I could afford to pay. A big thank you, until the next ticket. ( last one over 15 yrs.) But this video screams out about police becoming judge, jury and executor
I agree with you all the way around. The job of a professional police officer, deputy sheriff, trooper or any LEO, is a tough and dangerous one

This unfortunately, IMO is what gives us all (past and present) a bad name

I'm all about good law enforcement. I can't stand cowboys or anyone that will faslify or "enhance" the truth