The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
ZEEEE06
Orange Park, Fl.

Name :
ZEEEE06 is on a distinguished road
Default Vonage ripoff

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_phones/vonage.html
ZEEEE06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

I've had Vonage for over 3 years and never had an issue. When I did call them, I got right through. Email replies in less then 12 hours. Some people are just stupid, " I didn't know I needed a computer modem." Come on, all VOIP services say you need a high speed internet connection.
I have 3 Numbers with Vonage. One is my 941 Fl number, one is a 330 Ohio number, so when our daughter calls, it's a local call for her. I also have an 800 number. A these numbers cost $35.00 a month plus tax. What do you think Verizon wants for all this
My line clarity is just as good or better then when I used Verizon. My Verizon bill was over $90.00 a month and Vonage is under $45.00 with my extras.
Unread 07-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

I use packet8. I don't think it's as feature rich as vonage but the price is right, I think about $200/yr. I keep it forwarded to my cell phone so I run two area codes that way. It's like having two numbers for your cell phone only much cheeper.
Unread 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
ZEEEE06
Orange Park, Fl.

Name :
ZEEEE06 is on a distinguished road

Here's my story: On May 16, 2008 I transferred my phone service from AT&T to Vonage phone service. It took them about 2 days to port my phone number from AT&T to vonage. Prior to transferring to Vonage. I asked the sales rep if it would work with my alarm system. She asked which system. I told her ADT. She said it would work with ADT. About a week later I received a letter from ADT requesting I test the system. It didn't work. After a week of trying to get the alarm system to work with the Vonage phone I gave up. I called Vonage to cancel my service. They told me I needed to contact my former phone service (AT&T) to get my phone reconnected with them. It took Vonage two weeks to port my number back to AT&T. That put me two days over my 30 day trial period with Vonage. They ended up charging my credit card for a total of $171.44 for service and disconnect fees. They refused to take back their reconditioned Vonage connection box for a partial refund.

Vonage customer service was contacted by phone and email many times. They refused to let me talk to a supervisor.

They lied to me about my alarm system being compatible with the Vonage phone system to get my business. Then they dragged their feet porting my phone # back to AT&T so I went 2 days over the 30 day trial period which ended up costing me $171.44.
ZEEEE06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

I know this does not address your issue, I'd be pizzed too. Did you try calling your credit card company or state attorney?

Anyway, check out NextAlarm.com They have a voip alarm monitoring system and I think they only charge about $10/mo. They are the monitoring company and there is no other middleman.
Unread 07-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEEEE06 View Post
Here's my story: On May 16, 2008 I transferred my phone service from AT&T to Vonage phone service. It took them about 2 days to port my phone number from AT&T to vonage. Prior to transferring to Vonage. I asked the sales rep if it would work with my alarm system. She asked which system. I told her ADT. She said it would work with ADT. About a week later I received a letter from ADT requesting I test the system. It didn't work. After a week of trying to get the alarm system to work with the Vonage phone I gave up. I called Vonage to cancel my service. They told me I needed to contact my former phone service (AT&T) to get my phone reconnected with them. It took Vonage two weeks to port my number back to AT&T. That put me two days over my 30 day trial period with Vonage. They ended up charging my credit card for a total of $171.44 for service and disconnect fees. They refused to take back their reconditioned Vonage connection box for a partial refund.

Vonage customer service was contacted by phone and email many times. They refused to let me talk to a supervisor.

They lied to me about my alarm system being compatible with the Vonage phone system to get my business. Then they dragged their feet porting my phone # back to AT&T so I went 2 days over the 30 day trial period which ended up costing me $171.44.
You should have simply disputed the charge with your credit card company. One little known fact is that unless a seller of goods and services has a signed credit card receipt, the buyer will normally ALWAYS win a dispute as long as it is filed in time. It's either 60 or 90 days after the purchase, I don't remember which....