The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 12-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
xtrememotorsports

Name :
xtrememotorsports is on a distinguished road
Default Rich Z Pfadt Shocks and Swaybar Install

We finally got Rich Zs' sway bars and shocks installed today,the install went very well and the install time on a normal non turbo car would only be two or three hours but the plumbing for the turbos added a little time to the install.

I just wanted to share some pics of the install.

Hope you enjoy the new setup Rich.
Attached Images

xtrememotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Awesome job,man that looks cool,
I want to be RichZYour are my hero sir.

good job
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Man.... how did those zinc plated Baer rotors get so danged RUSTY???

Yeah, the car seems much more solid to me. Turning corners is like being on a skateboard. No body roll whatsoever. Odd thing is that the dirt road we live on actually seemed to rattle my teeth LESS with these new shocks and sways then the stock stuff did. And Chris set everything up to be on the track end of the settings rather then the civilized end.

Oh yeah, and it appears that my timing was pretty good on getting this done. Chris and Wes found that my left rear shock was blown. So new shocks were in the cards anyway.

This new stuff sure does look snazzy. Got some pics myself, but they are still on the camera. Maybe the next day or three I'll post them.

One thing I did notice is that the car seems to sit a little higher then it used to. Might need to ask Chris to lower it a bit so it doesn't look like I'm planning to go mud bogging with it.

Also had Chris and Wes (Robert helped out as well) install a new skid plate bracket, since mine got damaged during an altercation with an armadillo the night I drove the car home from Ft. Lauderdale. Just a word to the wise, DON'T hit an armadillo going 60+mph if you can help it....

Also had some new front parking lights installed, and Chris installed my new shiny tensioner I got from RevXtreme a long while back.

All in all it was a real nice day hanging out at Chris's place. All the guys are fun to talk to, and Connie and I enjoyed being there.

Say Chris! How many of those snickerdoodles are still surviving?
Unread 12-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

Looks like a nice setup Rich. I noticed my C5 in front of the lift patiently awaiting it's new 383 stroker moter that Chris is building for me. Maybe I'll get pics put in here too. ..lol
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008, 01:21 AM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
Looks like a nice setup Rich. I noticed my C5 in front of the lift patiently awaiting it's new 383 stroker moter that Chris is building for me. Maybe I'll get pics put in here too. ..lol
Yeah, Chris had a pretty full shop there today. I am grateful he was able to make time for my stuff. I didn't think it would happen, the way things were looking. Had a couple of other small things I wanted him to do, but we all just ran out of time. The plumbing for the turbos just made the front sway bar install more complicated and time consuming. I've got to go back in a week or two so he can re-torque all the bolts, so hopefully then things won't be so crazy there.

Must be frustrating waiting on a new engine, though... One of these days I'd like to get a built 427 dropped into my C5Z. But the motor in there now runs so darn strong I just can't justify yanking it out. Hope your 383 is because you just wanted it now, and isn't because something broke.....
Unread 12-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
vetteguy61

Well Rich I was very happy with the motor that was in my vette. Something did break so that made my decision to go with a stroker motor easier.
Unread 12-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man.... how did those zinc plated Baer rotors get so danged RUSTY???

Yeah, the car seems much more solid to me. Turning corners is like being on a skateboard. No body roll whatsoever. Odd thing is that the dirt road we live on actually seemed to rattle my teeth LESS with these new shocks and sways then the stock stuff did. And Chris set everything up to be on the track end of the settings rather then the civilized end.

Oh yeah, and it appears that my timing was pretty good on getting this done. Chris and Wes found that my left rear shock was blown. So new shocks were in the cards anyway.

This new stuff sure does look snazzy. Got some pics myself, but they are still on the camera. Maybe the next day or three I'll post them.

One thing I did notice is that the car seems to sit a little higher then it used to. Might need to ask Chris to lower it a bit so it doesn't look like I'm planning to go mud bogging with it.

Also had Chris and Wes (Robert helped out as well) install a new skid plate bracket, since mine got damaged during an altercation with an armadillo the night I drove the car home from Ft. Lauderdale. Just a word to the wise, DON'T hit an armadillo going 60+mph if you can help it....

Also had some new front parking lights installed, and Chris installed my new shiny tensioner I got from RevXtreme a long while back.

All in all it was a real nice day hanging out at Chris's place. All the guys are fun to talk to, and Connie and I enjoyed being there.

Say Chris! How many of those snickerdoodles are still surviving?

I am so glad you like your set up Rich!!

As far as the snickerdoodles.... NONE !!!! That boy ate every single one of them.... I got all the other stuff..mmmmm....DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

PLEASE tell Connie THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH !!!!!

Nothing better than homemade goodies coming home!!!!

Me Madyson and Gavin are all enjoying them...

YUMMY !!!
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Oh you must be Mr Mike.

You have not had the best of luck have you??

I felt so bad when Chris told me about your car after you took it to the track.

Unread 12-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
vetteguy61

Hello Mrs. Xtreme,

Well I good luck in that I didn't blow it up at the track and hit the wall.This is my Christmas present for the next 10 years. lol.I won't say what my wife thought about the whole deal.Oh well .
When Chris is done it should be a real Z06 killer.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to your family Mrs. Xtreme

Mike
Unread 12-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Hello Mrs. Xtreme,

Well I good luck in that I didn't blow it up at the track and hit the wall.This is my Christmas present for the next 10 years. lol.I won't say what my wife thought about the whole deal.Oh well .
When Chris is done it should be a real Z06 killer.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to your family Mrs. Xtreme

Mike
Yes thats true at least you didnt hit the wall !!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too you too !!

Cant wait to see your car in action after its all done!!!