The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Z06Fever!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Z06Fever! Well, why not? Having one of these toys is definitely an illness for which there is no cure, so let's talk about this specific malady.

Unread 07-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #11
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

No, but it will be the C6's last hoorah......bank on it.

Make way for the C7 coming to a dealership near you........soon.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 01:29 AM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm curious to see what changes are in store for the Z06 model. I'm thinking maybe the LS9 engine in the Z06 body without the extras on the ZR-1. That's what I really want. I don't need the expensive brake system or the exposed carbon fiber panels.

Perhaps a beefing up of the LS7 (427 ci) motor to keep that magic displacement number on the lineup.
Unread 07-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #13
Guro305
Heathen

Name :
Guro305 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I'm curious to see what changes are in store for the Z06 model. I'm thinking maybe the LS9 engine in the Z06 body without the extras on the ZR-1. That's what I really want. I don't need the expensive brake system or the exposed carbon fiber panels.

Perhaps a beefing up of the LS7 (427 ci) motor to keep that magic displacement number on the lineup.
I think we may have witnessed the end of the Z06 model.

-C5 Chevy Corvette - Torch Red
-Gen 3 Pontiac Trans Am - Pearl Black
-B14 Nissan Sentra GXE - Pearl Black
Guro305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guro305 View Post
I think we may have witnessed the end of the Z06 model.

Nah,, theres always room for a Z06 model. The same thing was said about all other Vettes when the ZR1 came out in 1990. Was the be all to end all Vettes. Only a select luck few rich dudes get the ZR1 now, the rest of us get Z06 or base Vettes for our hard earned bucks. They may put it on hold awhile to let the model line cool down after the ZR1 fever, but it's here to stay I think.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
Rich Z

Yeah, I believe the Z06 is here to stay. Otherwise the Zr-1 would have BEEN a Z06 model. Of course, with buyers and dealers loudly telling GM that they are willing to pay bigger bucks for something like a ZR-1, you do kind of wonder what sort of signal that will send to GM concerning the future. Could they get away with offering a quarter million $$ mid-engined Lambo and Ferrari killer?
Unread 07-13-2008, 01:16 PM   #16
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

I've heard that we won't see the C7 till around 2011-2012. I doubt the Z06 will go, but the ZR1 will probably be only in production for two years.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #17
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

I've also read that the ZR1 production will only run 2-3 years. How does that even produce a profit for GM with all the research and development?
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #18
Rich Z

If it weren't for the fact that the ZR-1 costs the buyer a gas guzzler tax, I would think that LS9 power plant might wind up in the Z06 eventually. But the gas mileage issue is going to be a stumbling block. So probably the LS9 will be a limited run, no matter what.
Unread 07-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #19
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

The research and development will usually help with the next generation of corvettes. It'll also be testing the market to see how people respond to a forced induction factory corvette. I'm sure the money they've spent on ZR-1 development is in with the regular production cars already...and might be considered part of the development of the C7. Not to mention all the press and stature the Corvette is receiving due to the new ZR-1.

If i remember right, Corvette saw a nice increase of base corvette sales when they produced the last ZR-1 in 1990-1995. Could just be similar marketing.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #20
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakedown067 View Post
The research and development will usually help with the next generation of corvettes. It'll also be testing the market to see how people respond to a forced induction factory corvette. I'm sure the money they've spent on ZR-1 development is in with the regular production cars already...and might be considered part of the development of the C7. Not to mention all the press and stature the Corvette is receiving due to the new ZR-1.

If i remember right, Corvette saw a nice increase of base corvette sales when they produced the last ZR-1 in 1990-1995. Could just be similar marketing.
I was going to type something similiar.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote