The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 02-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
Daffy
Junkyard dog

Name :
Daffy is on a distinguished road
Default Any insurance guys here???

Does anyone know if I can get a liability only policy on a mobile home??? I'll take my chances on the rest..Also my brother is having trouble finding boat insurance...Thanks in advance...
Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

We tried to drop just the hurricane coverage on our house and State Farm said we can't do that. They bitch and moan about having to cover hurricane damage, but still want us to pay for it.....
Unread 02-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Is the mobile home financed? If so, the mortgage company will certainly want full coverage, especially in Fl. Even if it's not financed, I doubt you'll find a liability only policy in this state.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
Daffy
Junkyard dog

Name :
Daffy is on a distinguished road

The place is not financed....All I want is liability but that might be too easy.....I really don't like insurance companies.
Daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

I own my house and have no insurance. I'm not going to pay $60000+ a year for insurance, half the time they wont cover you anyway.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
Rich Z

Yeah, those fat cat insurance companies basically lead the legislature around by their noses. How else can you explain the fact that an entire industry can blatantly practice age and sex discrimination with their health insurance and car insurance premiums and this goes by unnoticed even though it is obviously against the law both federally and state wide?

And they got us all by the short hairs with that auto insurance angle. Sure wish it were a LAW that everyone had to buy MY product.....

So now that they have made it so that some forms of insurance have gotten almost essential, since prices for the services they cover have skyrocketed because there are no consumer based cost controls on those services, they have us by the short hairs. Can you really afford NOT to have health insurance these days? A week in a hospital intensive care unit could bankrupt many people if they had to pay out of pocket for it.

Argghhh! Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves......
Unread 02-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #7
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Yeah, those fat cat insurance companies basically lead the legislature around by their noses. How else can you explain the fact that an entire industry can blatantly practice age and sex discrimination with their health insurance and car insurance premiums and this goes by unnoticed even though it is obviously against the law both federally and state wide?

And they got us all by the short hairs with that auto insurance angle. Sure wish it were a LAW that everyone had to buy MY product.....

So now that they have made it so that some forms of insurance have gotten almost essential, since prices for the services they cover have skyrocketed because there are no consumer based cost controls on those services, they have us by the short hairs. Can you really afford NOT to have health insurance these days? A week in a hospital intensive care unit could bankrupt many people if they had to pay out of pocket for it.

Argghhh! Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves......
It's Ok!
Unread 02-17-2007, 04:43 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I agree Rich, I truly despise the insurance industry. THey're like a bunch of spoiled brats that have to have things thier way or they'll pitch a tantrum, take thier toys and leave

Thier recent suit against the State of Florida for trying to clean up the industry has really pissed me off!!! I hope they lose thier asses in it!

Fact is, most if not all insurers have split the country up into sections. So when they announce for example that "X" company has suffered a huge loss after paying hurricane damages, it's actually only Florida or the SE that has suffered the "loss" and the other areas are likely operating WELL INTO the black!

Overall, the company is fine, fiscally secure and posts end of year profits that are usually out of sight!

As an aside Rich, you are not required to have auto "insurance" in the State of Florida. The statute requires you to proof of "financial responsibility."

You can do this with a bond through the state. I forget how much it is, but it's rediculouis and for the most part, I'd rather use OPM to pay the claim if there is one.

The insurance industry is legalized robbery plain and simple!
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #9
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
The insurance industry is legalized robbery plain and simple!
Agreed. Heaven help you if you live in a mobile home. Most companies won't touch you. Those that will want huge $$$.
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #10
Rich Z

Yeah, the insurance companies have created separate entities for Florida so if there are more devastating hurricanes, then can simply dump the entire state and declare that "company" bankrupt. Actually I would REALLY like to see a class action suit against that entire industry filed for BLATANT discrimination of their premium rates based on sex, age, and race (based on demographic profiling).

As for those "poor" insurance companies taking a beating, drive through Jacksonville and take note of which companies own the LARGEST buildings you can see there. This is most likely duplicated all over the USA as well....