The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 02-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Has a host hotel been picked yet???
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Deb and I are gonna check the calendar, if we don't have something already planned, this is a go for us.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 04:07 AM   #13
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail View Post
Deb and I are gonna check the calendar, if we don't have something already planned, this is a go for us.
That would be very cool. This will be my first east coast show.

Ken
Unread 02-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #14
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default So far....

My registration went out today.

Ken/Carrie will be staying with us (Jack/Traci) at our little Corvette storage facility and cottage (home).

Now, if I can convince Traci to allow more folks, who want to make a weekend of it from the other coast (Tampa, etc., ), and save a bit of money for other things besides hotels, I can ask! The best would be maybe sleeping bags that would be on the floor. If not, then there are 2 to 3 hotels about a half mile from our house, just off I-95 at exit 215. And Eckler's is about 3 miles west of our house on Route 1. Or your can stay up there at the Inlet which in itself is a stone's throw from Daytona Beach.

If there is talk of a caravan to the Inlet, from Titusville, then we could all meet up at Ecklers' parking lot to start the caravan about 7.30 am...since cars have to be parked NLT 9.45 am at the Inlet. That might bring some of you folks over here the night before.

If so, we could leisurely travel up scenic Route 1 (which many over here consider Florida's version of Route 66), which would take a tad bit more than an hour to get up to Ponce Inlet and get lost! Maybe even enough time leftover for a quick breakfast

Ya'll toss it over!
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #15
PIVette

Name :
PIVette has disabled reputation
Default Hotel/Motel Info for "Vettes" at the Light

Hi Gals and Guys,

Fortunately or maybe Unfortunately, Daytona is undergoing some "growing" pains and most of the Mom and Pop Hotel/Motels are gone or going.

In the past we have had good luck with the Palm Plaza 3301 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118.. Rates are around $100.00 - $110.00 a night, and it's on the ocean. It's located about 10-15 minutes north of the show in Ponce Inlet.

There are also a bunch of other Hotel/Motels in the area of the Palm Plaza ... the Acapulco is supposed to be a nice cute one, with good rates ..... all are on South Atlantic (A1A) and on the beach. Most of them have changed ownership recently, but they are nice for what they are ... beachfront motels. There are a few fancier ones a little further north, but pricier also ... these closer ones should be fine.

Here's a link to check availability and rates..... http://www.daytonahotels.com/PalmPlaza/index.php .. on that website you can use the pull down menu on the left to also view other properties and their rates....

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns....

Thanks Again and we look forward to seeing you all at the show....

Harvey
Ponce Inlet Corvette Club
PIVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasajack View Post
My registration went out today.

Ken/Carrie will be staying with us (Jack/Traci) at our little Corvette storage facility and cottage (home).

Now, if I can convince Traci to allow more folks, who want to make a weekend of it from the other coast (Tampa, etc., ), and save a bit of money for other things besides hotels, I can ask! The best would be maybe sleeping bags that would be on the floor. If not, then there are 2 to 3 hotels about a half mile from our house, just off I-95 at exit 215. And Eckler's is about 3 miles west of our house on Route 1. Or your can stay up there at the Inlet which in itself is a stone's throw from Daytona Beach.

If there is talk of a caravan to the Inlet, from Titusville, then we could all meet up at Ecklers' parking lot to start the caravan about 7.30 am...since cars have to be parked NLT 9.45 am at the Inlet. That might bring some of you folks over here the night before.

If so, we could leisurely travel up scenic Route 1 (which many over here consider Florida's version of Route 66), which would take a tad bit more than an hour to get up to Ponce Inlet and get lost! Maybe even enough time leftover for a quick breakfast

Ya'll toss it over!

Thanks Jack, we're looking forward to it.

Ken
Unread 02-15-2008, 01:05 AM   #17
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

This sounds better all the time.....
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
PIVette

Name :
Default Some photos from last years show....

Hi Gals and Guys,

For those of you that were unable to attend last years show ... Here's a few photos.
Attached Images

Unread 02-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #19
PIVette

Name :
Default More lodging information...

Hi Gals and Guys,

Below is an email I just received from Bob ... Nature Coast Corvette Club.
I've reprinted it with his permission....Thanks Bob ... for sharing your info.

Harvey,

They were very accommodating. Palm Plaza Oceanfront with my AAA membership it was $89.10 a night. I would suggest anyone call the -1-888-457-9299 number speak to a real person. The website rate was higher and you needed some kind of password to make the reservation on your own.. I told the gal I talked to about your event and she was excited.
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #20
PIVette

Name :

Hi Gals and Guys,

The direct phone for the Plaza is (386) 767-1711. I spoke with Chris (male) at the front desk today and he says they will be able to honor that $89.00 rate. The Motel is on the ocean and about 7-8 miles north of the Lighthouse and the show. The Mgr's name is Tom Peets.

I hope this helps.....

Harvey