The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 05-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #21
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Speakin' of donuts, do any of you have Dunkin Donuts still in your area? I think all of them in Tallahassee are now gone.
Really? There all over the area here. They just opened up a brand new one nearby. It's a fierce coffee competition in central FL, Starbucks, Dunkin Doughnuts, and Barnies are always trying to trump each other.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #22
Zyell06

Name :
Zyell06 is on a distinguished road

ummmmmmm Barnies Kona coffee.......... Nothing like 100% Kona coffee. They also have Jamaican Blue.........

LOL what was this thread about?? Oh yeah, clear tailights!!! They look cool on silver, but it would draw too much attention for my taste.

gary
Zyell06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #23
16again

Name : Bob Mancuso
16again is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments gang. Dunkin Donuts are all over the place down here.
16again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #24
16again

Here are the final pics. In direct sunlight the DD and Vette are very hard to see. For these pics it's bright daylight, I just backed into some shade so you all can see. At night they are bright red.

Unread 05-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #25
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

What is that sticking out of your driver's side door on the third pic? You routing your exhaust out the door or something? Or is that a bazooka to ward off car jackings?
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #26
Zyell06

Name :
Zyell06 is on a distinguished road

He has a cage in it, its a swing-out door bar.

Unless you were being sarcastic. in that case, i say bazooka also. hehehe

gary
Zyell06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #27
16again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyell06
He has a cage in it, its a swing-out door bar.

Unless you were being sarcastic. in that case, i say bazooka also. hehehe

gary
6 point rollbar. I race monthly and safety is a big concern for me.
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #28
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Darn! I was hoping it was a bazooka. I wanted a lead on where to get one myself.......
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #29
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Hey 16again, cool look! Just be careful, the statutes say that there has to be a red reflector in the taillight so that when the lights are off (parked on side of road etc) they still cast a red glow to oncoming cars in their hedlights. Some of the cars around here got tickets in the past for that very same thing. No biggie, just a heads up in case you pass a police car in traffic and he is behind you while you drive down the road. I think the type MADN3SS bought has a red trim ring around the outer portion for that reason.

See ya, save the wave!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #30
16again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
Do they allow amber to be used for brake lights? Check out these conflicting statutes!

316.221 Taillamps.--

(1) Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two taillamps mounted on the rear, which, when lighted as required in s. 316.217, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear, except that passenger cars and pickup trucks manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1972, which were originally equipped with only one taillamp shall have at least one taillamp. On a combination of vehicles, only the taillamps on the rearmost vehicle need actually be seen from the distance specified. On vehicles equipped with more than one taillamp, the lamps shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable. An object, material, or covering that alters the taillamp's visibility from 1,000 feet may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a taillamp.

316.224 Color of clearance lamps, identification lamps, side marker lamps, backup lamps, reflectors, and deceleration lights.--

(1) Front clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(2) Rear clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop light or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white or amber. Deceleration lights as authorized by s. 316.235(5) shall display an amber color.

316.234 Signal lamps and signal devices.--

(1) Any vehicle may be equipped and, when required under this chapter, shall be equipped with a stop lamp or lamps on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red or amber light, visible from a distance of not less than 300 feet to the rear in normal sunlight, and which shall be actuated upon application of the service (foot) brake, and which may but need not be incorporated with one or more other rear lamps. An object, material, or covering that alters the stop lamp's visibility from 300 feet to the rear in normal sunlight may not be placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied over a stop lamp.

Am I reading these right? Two say red or amber and one says only red?

Scott
ZO6 Rocket Thanks for the heads up but the statute says RED WHEN ACTUATED by brake pedal. Based on the crazy statute above I believe i'm OK. I have a few police buddies and all said i'm ok. If I have to, I might put a red reflector in the bottom vents of the rear. They will be hidden until a light hits them which i'm sure will then be fine.