The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 06-05-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
pewter99
This place cracks me up

Name :
pewter99 is on a distinguished road

as long as I have guys like Mike Norris available I am all set....
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 12:19 AM   #12
AlphaEden

Name :
AlphaEden is on a distinguished road

Alright whatever guys, like I said, he's tuned for me many times, on multiple cars and I've been very pleased. I wasn't asking for any critism just sharing the fact of what he did and how happy I was with the results.

'04 Cosmos Purple A4 - 1 of 323 Produced

It's fast enough and only getting faster...
Cam Specs and Tuned by the Master J. Formato

'01 C5 Corvette Convertible Black on Black
Vroom vroom and soon to be tuned
AlphaEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #13
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEden
Alright whatever guys, like I said, he's tuned for me many times, on multiple cars and I've been very pleased. I wasn't asking for any critism just sharing the fact of what he did and how happy I was with the results.

Good deal and point taken

Maybe it was the timing, who knows.

To each thier own. Glad he did a good job for you. Hope he continues to do well
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #14
EatRice

Name :
EatRice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEden
It is cool you had a good experience with Jeremey and you are recommending him to the forum. It is only fair that all expereinces are shared. Jeremey is a really nice guy but he has a seriously tarnished reputation in his home area of Tampa. He has a bad habit of not showing up on time and often not at all. He also has been known to do extensive test drives in customers cars. Last time I talked to him he still had issues tuning forced induction cars. His solution was to remove the MAF. He could not tune the car when the MAF went out of range.

Everyone changes but from my observations he is only getting rave reviews from people who do not live in his area. It is only fair to give everyone the full picture before they decide on having him work on their car.
EatRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #15
AlphaEden

Name :
AlphaEden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRice
Last time I talked to him he still had issues tuning forced induction cars. His solution was to remove the MAF. He could not tune the car when the MAF went out of range.
This is far from true, he has tuned mine and many others with FI, my GTO with a maggie and his recommended spec cam made 429/400. This past weekened he tuned a friend of mine with nitrous to make 435/625! Descreening MAF is a step that they tell you to do when installing FI anyways, especially with a Magnacharger, in the instruction booklet they tell you to do it.

I don't know what his reputation is like in Tampa, but honestly before this ONE incidient with the z06, I don't think I have seen a bad review from anyone.

This was his specific response to everything when he got the chance to actually reply:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.p...5&postcount=24

The whole thread over at LS1tech if you guys want to catch up:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517068

As far as him taking people's car on excessive test drives? I can personally tell you he has never done that to my car. Infact, everytime that I was there, he wouldn't even drive it even if I asked him to. He told me to drive it while he sits in the passanger seat and logs the data and changes the variables as he goes. The only time when he has driven my car is going from the dyno back to the shop that my car was getting fixed at because I was in another town, and he went straight from there and back (from the ammount of time that was available).

I've read alot of the z06vette.com replies, and honestly alot of those guys I don't think they know what they're talking about and just jumping on the bandwagon after hearing "TUNER BLOWS UP MY ENGINE" and there are those really loyal to their current tuners which is fine (on the second note). But crap responses like this? Come on:

Quote:
"I don't know about you, but I've had my Z06's on many dyno's. The tie down strap through and around the front wheels to strap the front down would have told me "unprofessional". And I would have said I'll find somebody else thank you very much."
You guys have seen driveshafts break on dynos before, are the shops or tuner responsible? No. In return if your car was so powerful that it actually broke the dyno (highly unlikely) would they charge you for a new dyno? No.

'04 Cosmos Purple A4 - 1 of 323 Produced

It's fast enough and only getting faster...
Cam Specs and Tuned by the Master J. Formato

'01 C5 Corvette Convertible Black on Black
Vroom vroom and soon to be tuned
AlphaEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #16
EatRice

Name :

Like I said people change. But I know for a fact of Jerermey getting pulled over in a customers car. I know of him driving my car more then it needed to be. I know of a couple of FI cars he had problems tuning. I am talking about big number cars...not your typical bolt on maggie or ATI. Cars that make 14lbs of boost or higher.

I did not say anything about removing the screen I am talking about removing the MAF entirely. It is called speed density tuning. It removes the MAF entirely. It is a usefull way to tune but has a major drawback. The MAF is no longer there to adjust for weather changes. One day the car will run great the next it runs like crap. I know he tried to turn alot of people onto speed density but it did not last long. I know he was having a major problem tuning cars with high boost. This is stuff I know from first hand knowledge....not hearsay.

Like I said...Jeremey is a nice guy and personally I have nothing against him but he does carry around a bad reputation in Tampa. Mostly for hi business ethics and a little for his tuning. People do change and maybe he has gotten better about it. But again I know from personal experience about his short comings. I am glad it worked out for you I just think people should know more then a single incident.

Yes cars blow up on the dyno, cars blow up on the street, and cars blow up on the track. Is it the tuners fault? Sometimes but not always. Each case needs to be considered on a case by case basis. Every tuner has his horror stories and some more then others. I have alot of personal experience with several tuners. Personally I do not judge people by what they have done to other people but by how they treat me and by how they present themselves about certain issues.But I do like to know as much information as possible before I have someone work on my car.
EatRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #17
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #18
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

IMHO, enough has been said from both sides on this topic. I too have personal knowlege of some "incidents." I also know some folks that swear by him

What I saw on the Z06 thread was a complaint, followed by a link to another site, then a bunch of new posters (some I recognized from a former site) coming to his defense. They finally locked the thread until something new or more final materializes.

This thread just seemed to pop up right after his problem, and maybe some, including myself, might have been somewhat skeptical of the timing.

The above said, both sides have dialed in on the issue and the pros and cons have been stated. I'm not going to post the link to the Z06 thread since it really serves no purpose. Much the same as the LS1Tech link.

To prevent potential civil litigation, additional hard feelings and strained relationships, I'd reccomend we close this thread and wait for the final outcome.

Just a thought?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #19
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road

With all bias aside, Jeremy is a great guy and excellent tuner.

I had the incredible chance of watching Jeremy tune several cars yerterday in Fort Myers. I must say, he is one of the most knowledgable, and nice guys you will ever talk to. A year or so from now when I plan to go on the bottle, no one besides Jeremy will be touching my Z06. After seeing him work and the results he brings, it will be an honor having him work on my car.

Always remember, there are two sides to every story.
Unread 06-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #20
EatRice

Name :

Zach there are three sides to every story...his, hers, and the truth...lol. It is totally awesome you are happy with what he has done with your car. I hope you have nothing but good experiences. Jeremey is a very nice and very smart, from the sounds of it he has gotten past his poor business practices. Good for him.