The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 07-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #11
Electra

Name :
Electra is on a distinguished road
Default Vette/Chevy Show Oct. 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Do you have a trophy for the "Best collection of rock chips on the hood"? I think I could qualify for that one. Comes with the territory when buying a used vehicle that was a DD, I guess. I would get it painted, but I know if I did, the very next day a tree limb would fall and hit it. So I might as well wait until at least this hurricane season has passed by. And who knows, I may decide to go REALLY bonkers and get a Kenne Bell or Maggie, so would need a new hood anyway......

But heck, maybe I could make that fest. End of October isn't bad around here, work wise.
Gee, I'll have to look into that -- the competition might be pretty strong! We bought our Vette new in Detroit (Dearborn, actually -- Ford Country!) and on the 1500 mile trip back to home in Florida, we got a nice chip on the headlamp canister. The very next day, we took the car to Ultra Shield in Fort Myers (that's the same translucent stuff that's used on helicopter rotors) and had it applied to the entire front of the car, side mirrors and behind the wheel wells. It's been on the car 4 years now, and the stuff works (and still looks) great! We're only sorry we didn't do the lower rocker panels too. The next Vette will have it! Live and learn, I guess!
Unread 07-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra
We'll be at the NCM on Sept. 1. That's one tour we never get tired of!!! Be sure to mark your calendar for the show on Oct. 28. I'll send out reminders about a week before the show. Thanks for your interest!
Electra,

Since I have a C6, your flyer makes no mention of a C6 class. Is there one?

als2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #13
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We'll be at the NCM on Sept. 1. That's one tour we never get tired of!!! Be sure to mark your calendar for the show on Oct. 28. I'll send out reminders about a week before the show. Thanks for your interest!
Electra,

Sorry, won't be able to make it to the show. Our October trip is a week earlier than your show. Will certainly look at it next year since we will be full time residence some time next summer.

I am coming down the first week in August with our C5. I am also bringing another couple from our Maryland club, with their Lingenfelter C5. We were originally going to go to the NCCC convention in Orlando, but we thought the cost was a little heavy, so we are just by passing Orlando and coming to Ft. Myers for a week.

We met with Linda and Robert, plus two other couples from the SW Florida Corvette Club two weeks ago. Great bunch of people!

Maybe we will bump into you in August if you are not at convention!

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #14
Electra

Name :
Default VETTE/CHEVY FEST AT ROGER DEAN CHEVROLET (CAPE CORAL, FL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052
Electra,

Since I have a C6, your flyer makes no mention of a C6 class. Is there one?

Guess our printer wasn't up with the times! Yes, there is definitely a C6 class!
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #15
Electra

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427
Electra,

Sorry, won't be able to make it to the show. Our October trip is a week earlier than your show. Will certainly look at it next year since we will be full time residence some time next summer.

I am coming down the first week in August with our C5. I am also bringing another couple from our Maryland club, with their Lingenfelter C5. We were originally going to go to the NCCC convention in Orlando, but we thought the cost was a little heavy, so we are just by passing Orlando and coming to Ft. Myers for a week.

We met with Linda and Robert, plus two other couples from the SW Florida Corvette Club two weeks ago. Great bunch of people!

Maybe we will bump into you in August if you are not at convention!

Rich
Rich, sorry you won't be able to make the show, but we'll count on you next year. Be sure to check out our Club's website, www.corvettesonthegulf.com, as we'd love to have you join us. Feel free to sit in on one of our meetings. Location and time on our website.
Unread 07-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #16
dwarmenzerk

Name :
dwarmenzerk has disabled reputation
Exclamation

wow so close to home. I live in the cape and like .3 miles from roger dean chevy. Ill try my best to be there, but no promises. I will be back in school by then so. Any idea what time it will be running from?
dwarmenzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #17
Electra

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarmenzerk
wow so close to home. I live in the cape and like .3 miles from roger dean chevy. Ill try my best to be there, but no promises. I will be back in school by then so. Any idea what time it will be running from?
You can pre-register for this show by going to www.corvettesonthegulf.com and clicking on "Events" for the registration form. You may also register at the show from 8:00 a.m to Noon. Some judging will begin at 11:00 a.m. Awards will be presented around 3:00 p.m.
Unread 07-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #18
Rich427

Name :

Quote:
Rich, sorry you won't be able to make the show, but we'll count on you next year. Be sure to check out our Club's website, www.corvettesonthegulf.com, as we'd love to have you join us. Feel free to sit in on one of our meetings. Location and time on our website.
Electra, looking at your sig can I assume that your first name is not Carmen?

Anyway , I have looked at your website and I have looked at SWFL's site as well. I have also met Linda and Robert and a few other couples from their club. They were so gracious to us during our last trip to Ft. Myers, I would be surprised if we did not join their club. But, my wife and I would not be adverse to joining more than one club though. I don't know how that sits with NCCC, but I don't mind being a PITA to bureaucracy!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we will be down from the 5th of August through the 12th with our C5, along with possibly another couple or two from my current club with their C5s. Maybe we can get together one evening for an impromptu little cruise. Maybe we can get Linda and Robert, and anyone else that might be interested also.

Rich
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #19
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I know I'm jumping in on Barb's (Electra's) thread here, but I'm guessing her name comes from this beautiful EB vert she and her husband own:

There are several of our members that belong to both clubs. I don't think it's a big deal to the NCCC. We're only members of the one club but we participate in the events of both clubs and the Naples club.
I'll check with Barb to see if we can get something set up for when you are down here in August
Unread 07-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #20
Rich427

Name :

Thanks for filling me in Linda. Nice car Electra! We are partial to blue also.

But Linda, you could have let me think it was Carmen Electra for a little while!

Joyce and I will be arriving sometime late afternoon on Saturday August 5th. It appears that one other couple will be coming with us. The husband will be driving down with us in there 02 Magnetic Red Lingenfelter vert, and the wife will be flying down to meet us. She is awaiting surgery on her back and could not take the two day drive down in the Corvette. But she is a gamer and is disappointed about missing the drive down.

Look forward to seeing you guys and maybe, Barb as well!