The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 07-26-2009, 01:46 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah.... meanwhile we're all glad as hell about it....
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

The days of Walter Cronkite where we believed what was written or spoken by people we had respect for in media are all but gone. Even old Walter in later years fasely reported the events of the TET offensive in 1968, spinning his own agenda.

Americans are no longer down on the farm hanging on for and believing any bit of news from the newspaper and TV station. The internet, twitter, blogs, etc is driving the old media nuts and lowering their paper sales and ratings, we now have opposing views. Blogs like congress.org can tell us immediately how our representatives voted on key issues.

The New York Times even moved to the middle this week on the Cambrigde Gates/Crowley matter. Z06 Rocket said it best, "it's all about sales".

I used to get really upset when I would listen to the President give a broadcast speech and this BOOB would come on later and say, "now this is really what he said" I don't get upset anymore because it's entertainment not news.

I drive my neighbor crazey, he's an Editor for the Herald Tribune (New York Times). I cancelled my subscription "to his liberal rag" about 10 years ago. When I see him I ask if I can have his old paper, his eyes used to light up, to clean my vettes windows. It's gotten to be a joke now.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #13
floridaZ

Name :
floridaZ has disabled reputation

^ If you do that, you'll smear the libbey news all over your windows. After which, don't be surprised if you are driving the Vette one day afterwards and suddenly have a deep appreciation for Al Gore.

But yea, I hate the media in general. Not so much this week, but the last few weeks were pretty bad. We had security kick them off property, but a few sneak back in. Then they release misleading and incorrect news articles, and even do stuff that offends me. Which is hard to do. I guess that this is just another case where you need to take everything with "a grain of salt".
floridaZ is offline   Reply With Quote