The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 08-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road
Default Congressional BOOBs

I returned home yesterday from a 4 state business trip. (WI, IL, MN, SD) In the evenings over dinner the discussion usually was about the economy and how it is affecting our families and small business growth. I can't believe everyone I met was a conservative but more a cross section of our political views. To a person not one agreed with the direction we're taking with the stimulas, taxation, health care reform, etc.

If the general public is against the direction our congressional representatives are trying to take us, then who are they trying to please? Is it special interest groups, I got an email today from AARP telling me how their pushing for the Health Care reform being presented by the Democrates and how the President spoke at their resent convention. Lord I joined this group for the discounts not to help push a political agenda, scratch them off my belong to list. I write Congressman Bill Nelson requesting his view on the HC Reform Bill. I get this rambling reply that basically tells me he is in lock step with his parties proposal. I respond what about the opinion of the people in his congressional district? I get a response (reading between the lines) we're really not informed and he will do the right thing for us, scratch this BOOB off my vote for list.

Get involved folks, it'll scare the HE!! out of you when you see what going on.

PS, Sturgis Rally rainy, cold never got over 60 degrees Thursday.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Mannings, saw in the paper where the owner of a bunch of Harley stores (Boston and Ft. Lauderdale among others) died while riding. You weren't near that were you? Sux when something like that happens.........
Andy
Hijacked thread control has now been released!
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Does anyone in the government have even the slightest clue the damage that runaway inflation caused by them just directing the Federal Reserve to print up more money to pay the bills they are promising can cause? They are pushing this country into ruin. Prices are NOT increasing! The value of our MONEY is decreasing! At an alarming rate.

Yeah, the superficial effects of inflation are attractive to government, because increasing prices tend to spur the public into buying now before the prices go up, so that appears to be stimulating the economy. And I'm sure they believe they can moderate it enough so that it won't blow up. But how many times can you recall the government being able to manage ANYTHING correctly and efficiently?

The US Constitution was created to keep the monster they knew they were creating in check. And it did so for a surprisingly long time, all things considered. But the beast is pretty much free of all restraints, and that Constitution is no more restraint on the government then trying to trap a rat in a paper bag.

So here's the $64 question: Who has the authority, much less the capability, of restraining our government when it choses to ignore the restraints of the Constitution? Yes, EVERYONE appears to be unhappy with the course this country is on, but WHO has the ability to change it?
Unread 08-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

The current adimistration has given billions to the banks, auto co's, ins co's to bail them out.....but has stepped up the SBA loan servicers allowing 50% plus in additional fees & charges to be tacked onto the balance due when our small buiness owners fall behind, just the opposite of whats needed to help this economy. It's all so backwards I can't see how we will ever get things in order with the decisions being rammed through with little oversight or accountability.
Unread 08-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Here is an email address where you can let them know how you feel about the health care program.

healthcarehotline@mail.house.gov.

Lou
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

There will be a day when the people start to form in the streets.This may not be to far down the road .I'll be there.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
There will be a day when the people start to form in the streets.This may not be to far down the road .I'll be there.
Homeland security regulations will be altered to make such activities illegal. "Homeland" will be redefined to mean "the government".

Even now you will be profiled as being a threat to homeland security for simply disapproving of what the government is doing with and to our lives. Common terms in the past to indicate GOOD things concerning this country and it's people are being twisted to bear negative connotations and dispersions on the people who would bear them. "Patriot" and "militia", for instance.

I wish I were more optimistic about this, but the storm clouds brewing are difficult to ignore.
Unread 08-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Homeland security regulations will be altered to make such activities illegal. "Homeland" will be redefined to mean "the government".

I wish I were more optimistic about this, but the storm clouds brewing are difficult to ignore.
Your probibly correct .I'll still be on the front lines .I'll be the one in a wigg ,dress and large sunglasses
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
Mannings, saw in the paper where the owner of a bunch of Harley stores (Boston and Ft. Lauderdale among others) died while riding. You weren't near that were you? Sux when something like that happens.........
Andy
Hijacked thread control has now been released!
No I missed that. I was there 2 years ago when the first death was caused when a biker was crushed as he riding down the street and a Porta Potty was pushed over landing on him. There were a hundred spin-offs on what kinda' day he had.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #10
Coastal

Name :
Coastal is on a distinguished road

I have contacted senators and representative in both states I own property.

I received replies from one senator in both states and both were filled with inaccuracies and obviously just a form letter sent to make me feel good that I got a reply.

I wrote back to both remarking that I was glad to have received their reply because if nothing else, it proves to me that they are not listening to the people. I then continued to correct the that they are spreading and suggested that they at least get as versed on the facts as their constituents are if they intend to be successful in their line of work.

I firmly believe that the reason they HAVE to push through this healthcare bill is because they need a new stream of money to tap before our economy is destroyed. They have spent way more than we can expect to repay in three generations and China is holding our mortgage.

We are getting gubmint run healthcare people, like it or not.